How To Find Your Singing Voice?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
The lack of emoticons may have given you the wrong impression of my responses, Paul (I use the Quick Reply.)

I've been a church choir singer (bass/alto) for many years and I don't do badly even though I don't read music. But I can't sing solo, which is especially hard for most people to do a cappella.

Sing along with your guitar playing. It will be a good guide.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
An octave is 8 notes, from "C" to "C" (this does not include the sharps and flats - black keys). A crescendo is where you are singing and progress to a louder sound- volume; decrescendo is where your singing gradually gets softer. The signs look like a "greater than" or "less then" sign in mathematics.

Pecker also gave some good advise... Start practicing with your guitar if you do not have a piano or have someone who can assist you. Match the tone with your voice. If you feel it is straining, then select another key to sing it in.

As for a cappella, unless you have perfect pitch I would not suggest you attempt this. A cappella does not give any room for error - it is pure blend of your voice and tone, nothing more. It is also very difficult to master...

Anyway, I still have not been able to hear your links but do wish you well in your endeavors. It seems as if a lot of people here are musically inclined or trained; I am certain someone will be able to offer you adequate advise.

Oh, did you try the exercises I mentioned? If so, how did they work for you?