How to get guys to wear Speedos at my Home pool?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just wondered if you guys had any ideas on how to get friends to wear speedos to the pool at my house?

I've got more than enough to let guys borrow if they don't own one of there own.

A long time ago I created a speedo's required sign, but not sure that this would be sufficient in this situation as everyone would think it was a joke.

Am I being unrealistic that I would be able to have guys only wear speedos in my pool?
Should I just cave and let them wear there long trunks?
Would it freak people out requiring speedo-style swimwear?

Thanks for your thoughts and input!

Attachments

OzSpeedoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
you could try not asking the to come around for a swim then drop the line and ask em when the say i got no bathers. "i've got a pair mate!"

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
If you have a good reason for not wanting anybody to wear trunks in your pool, the easiest thing would be to say so - case solved

D_Seymour_Dix

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's going to come down to what THEY feel comfortable wearing.

If you want them to wear speedos just so you can gock at them, well that isn't really fair on them and it's not going to do much to make them feel comfortable enough to try them on.

Torque8

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Also have the sign that nudeyorker has. Most of my friends know that if it's just us guys and not our women or dates that they're free to follow my lead and hang their speedos/suits on the rack by the back door.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would spring the idea of going swimming in the moment. I would also just have one friend over so the risk of judgement is removed and you have the chance to really build their ego and get them comfortable to the look. I would also try an evening swim too if possible as night gives a nice mask to the shy. It has actually been my experience that a guy wants to wear one but not sure of the size of the suit and fit. One of my straight buddies just needed some encoragement and he wears them all the time and really feels very masculine and proud with it on. Nothing between us of course, but he likes the time of feeling kind of sexy and showing off just a touch between us. Kind of a buddy thing between us.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
it is your rule and you own the pool. but in this era of false modesty, I can see why friends resist. make sure the guys know when they accept an invitation what the rule is. then they can't bitch. but you may offend and/or lose some friends.

SpandexGear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Agreed. If I had my own pool -- would be NO suits allowed. ;)

If i had the pool option,I'd put more effort into getting guys to lose all forms of swimwear... maybe thats just me.

Think ozspeedos suggestion is best, donthave them come round prepared to swim,then you can offer them a pair.

audiilike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Make it a party for both sexes, something like a "spedos and thongs party" make it a theme. Don't make it mandatory, but tell your friends that they're "losers" if they don't. some will wear speedos, and the ones that don't will get a little ridicule, and then you can offer a pair of yours. Beware tho that the chicks in the thongs will make a few of the guys bulge a little more.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just wondered if you guys had any ideas on how to get friends to wear speedos to the pool at my house?
Nope, not a one.

I've got more than enough to let guys borrow if they don't own one of there own.
Eeeww! So much for the argument that a Speedo is more hygenic. :yuck:

A long time ago I created a speedo's required sign, but not sure that this would be sufficient in this situation as everyone would think it was a joke.
That is correct. Where did you move from that Speedos were considered to be normal/acceptable attire?:confused:

Am I being unrealistic that I would be able to have guys only wear speedos in my pool?
Well it is your private pool, so technically anything you request is not unrealistic. However, your pool is in the puritanical United States. As long as none of your intended guests are straight it might work. :rolleyes:

Should I just cave and let them wear their long trunks?
I would, but then again I'm a prude. :tongue: Not for nothing, but doesn't one normally invite people to their home for friendship and camaraderie, not to be their private peep show.

Would it freak people out requiring speedo-style swimwear?
Yes, it would; because this is the United States and not France. :tongue:

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
my pool is clothing optional.

my visitors that were swimsuits feel uncomfortable and in the next visit they comply.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Speedo Pool Party ....simple

Simple AND brilliant! So far I think this suggestion is the only way to do this and not offend someone or seem like a jerk. Lots of people throw costume parties and the host specifies the theme in the invitation. You could also do a 70's theme (wasn't that they heydey for the Speedo?) decorations / music / invitations so that the Speedo requirement seems a little less pervy. :wink: