How to get over someone...

scruffylookin

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Unfortunately, theres no magic cure, it just takes time. That and sometimes meeting someone new . Im still gettin over my ex, Just go out, dont sit at home, meet new people, work out and it will start to get easier as time goes on

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i've written it before around here and i'll write it again. the only cure for a heartbreak is
another heartbreak. at your age and with your looks it shouldn't be that difficult, unless
you're in a really small town and the choices are nonexistent.

HairyTXdude

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i've written it before around here and i'll write it again. the only cure for a heartbreak is
another heartbreak. at your age and with your looks it shouldn't be that difficult, unless
you're in a really small town and the choices are nonexistent.

Explain?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
when you just can't stop talking to him or can find someone else/fuck someone else...i've been trying for 6 almost 7 months....any advice?
Go To Therapy! Seriously, it is neither healthy nor logical for you to mourn your relationship this strongly 7 months later. Especially since you know he has moved onward.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
cause i love him and still want to be with him...

Yes - but you seem fairly certain, from the jist of this thread, that he is finished with you. therefore surely the goal should be to get to a stage where you accept you are not going to be with him. Once you can accept that you start being open to other relationships, which you probably aren't at the moment.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You have to break off all contact with him...

You're only hurting yourself more by trying to hold on to something that isn't there...

He doesn't want to be with you anymore...

Realize that...

And then realize that you deserve to be with someone who DOES want you and the only way for that to happen is for you to free yourself...physically...and then emotionally...

HairyTXdude

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
You have to break off all contact with him...

You're only hurting yourself more by trying to hold on to something that isn't there...

He doesn't want to be with you anymore...

Realize that...

And then realize that you deserve to be with someone who DOES want you and the only way for that to happen is for you to free yourself...physically...and then emotionally...

I can't do that he needs someone in his life that really cares about him. his family is cruel to him, his friends are apathetic even his so called boyfriend doesn't seem to care. (and no im not jealous of his boyfriend, cause i know some of you will think that, i want him to truly be happy no matter what, even if that means that i am not the one for him) I don't have conversations with my other friends like i do with him, we just dont click like i do with him and i tried going three months without talking to him...nothing happened except the death of my brain cells.

I can't do that he needs someone in his life that really cares about him. his family is cruel to him, his friends are apathetic even his so called boyfriend doesn't seem to care. (and no im not jealous of his boyfriend, cause i know some of you will think that, i want him to truly be happy no matter what, even if that means that i am not the one for him) I don't have conversations with my other friends like i do with him, we just dont click like i do with him and i tried going three months without talking to him...nothing happened except the death of my brain cells.

Did you do what I suggested? If so, what was the result? If not, why?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media

I know exactly where you are at TXdude - I've been there more than once. Really killer_b's advice is best but very, very hard to follow. The other thing you can do it let life take its course. See, he may need you as a friend, but he doesn't love you the way you love him and sooner or later he will move on. The end result is the same as cutting him out of your life, except this way is more drawn out and painful... but easier to do because it is passive. Cutting him off is active. Not what you want to hear, I guess, but it is the truth.

would you please refresh my mind on what i was suppose to do. then i can tell you if i did it or not. :tongue:

I think the answer is in your 'destined to be single' thread...

HairyTXdude

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I know exactly where you are at TXdude - I've been there more than once. Really killer_b's advice is best but very, very hard to follow. The other thing you can do it let life take its course. See, he may need you as a friend, but he doesn't love you the way you love him and sooner or later he will move on. The end result is the same as cutting him out of your life, except this way is more drawn out and painful... but easier to do because it is passive. Cutting him off is active. Not what you want to hear, I guess, but it is the truth.

Ya i know he will, almost all my friends "move on", but i guess thats kinda my life purpose, im here when they need me then they all "move on"...

oh...hmm must go look then...

would you please refresh my mind on what i was suppose to do. then i can tell you if i did it or not. :tongue:

Actually I was referring to this one:

Then you know what? Go for it. Get looking as hot as possible and then get him alone and let him know in no uncertain terms just what he means to you and why. Pour your heart out but also let him know that he needs to respect your relationship, whatever that means. He may not be able to be monogamous at this point in time and, if you can live with that, then accept it and I mean really accept it. If you cannot live with that then accept his rejection of your offer. Don't cave in to letting him play around if you truly can't tolerate it. You both need to know what your position is on this before you get back together and you both need to be completely honest in your answers if you're to trust each other enough to have a relationship.

Otherwise keep him as a friend or, if you can't do that, let him go and move on. I hope it works out for both of you.