How to let an employee at a hotel or other business know your interested in them?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This past week I've been staying in the same hotel and so I've seen the same staff people multiple times.

One of the front desk workers is really cute, and my gay dar goes off on him, and he is always super nice and smiles and says hi.

I know some of this is part of his job description, but I was just wondering if any of you have any ideas about how to let him know that I would like to talk to him more. I can't really just talk to him alot when he's working because if he's like me when I worked at a front desk I tried to not let the entire world know that I was gay.

I thought about leaving a note for him on the day we check out telling him what my myspace, facebook, email address, and phone number is, but not sure if this would seem really creepy or not, and not sure what the chances of getting an actual response would be.

Thanks for any tips/advise anyone can offer, since I've had this happen at restaurants too but never know how to react to it and discreetly let them know my number, should i just carry little like business cards to slip to guys i think are gay and cute?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The easiest thing to do when you are visiting from out of town is simply to ask them, "Where do you and other local people go to have fun when you are not working?"
Works like a charm 99.9% of the time!

cravincock

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
room service guys are the EASIEST to get
never failed me before
ive done it three times
go to the door with a towel around ur waste
and act very horny toward him

the first time i dropped the towel on "accident"
just so i could definitely do it the firs ttime lmao

but try that

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All sounds like hot fun, but there are ethical issues in the customer-staff relationship.
It has to be quite clear that they are free to turn down your advances and it's not going to be used against them in any way. "Where does a local person like you go to have fun when you're not working?" sounds like a good line because it's all about off-site encounters. If he then turns it towards on-site, that's his right and responsibility.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just to clarify, i wasn't meaning for it to sound like was wanting him for a sexual encounter at the hotel, i was just more thinking that it would be nice to get to know him since soon I will be relocating to the area in which the hotel is located, and he might know what some of the cool places to hangout are and what some fun things to do are among his and my age group since i think we are close to the same age.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
nudeyorker is right.

On my business travels all over the world, I've found it's the best
way to handle a situation such as you have mentioned, but it is
also a good way to learn quickly about a city, places to go, places
to eat, bars, clubs, sporting venues, etc., and an excellent way
to meet the locals (as well as the hotel employee).

It allows the employee (if the two of you are tuned in to the same
Gaydar frequency) to subtly pass along, if he is interested or not
by making suggestions (includiing where he will be later, etc.).

And, it is safe for him since it is information separated from his place
of business. Anyone within hearing range will assume that is is just
doing the normal, expected thing of being helpful and offering advice.

I wouldn't suggest being overt in public by coming on to him. Both of
you may be embarrassed in the long run if your Gaydar isn't working!
And certainly don't print "self pimping cards" with all your private info
since it could just be used against you if things go wrong. :shrug:

Good Luck...

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
at one time working "are you family" into the conversation was a way to indicate you are GLBT, assuming the other person caught on. I'd suspect any hotel employee after his second day on the job realizes there will be customers hitting on him. and some of those will be same sex.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
room service guys are the EASIEST to get
never failed me before
ive done it three times
go to the door with a towel around ur waste
and act very horny toward him

the first time i dropped the towel on "accident"
just so i could definitely do it the firs ttime lmao

but try that

I just thought...what does this guy do to get these guys really...then I saw your pics. oK, even a straight guy is going to fall for you...GREAT physique

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All sounds like hot fun, but there are ethical issues in the customer-staff relationship.

Not to mention the open door for a lawsuit. If caught the employee having sex with a hotel guest will probably be fired immediately. There was a hotel in San Francisco where a woman guest seduced a room service guy, had sex and promptly called the police to charge that the employee raped her. The hotel was sued for a huge amount of money and the woman went laughing all the way to the bank.

This is why there are cameras everywhere in hotels now, EVERYWHERE. I wouldn't be surprised if telephone conversations between hotel guests and employees are monitored.

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi Matt121,

I think you answered your own question perfectly when you said

"i was just more thinking that it would be nice to get to know him since soon I will be relocating to the area in which the hotel is located, and he might know what some of the cool places to hangout are and what some fun things to do are among his and my age group since i think we are close to the same age.

Nothing could be more acceptable than that, your reason is genuine and could lead to a length conversation. Start the process with the question above and then say I appreciate your busy right now. When is your break or when do you fininish so you can give me the low down on the area. You would really appreciate any time and suggestions he may have.

Let us know how you get on

Good luck