How to Love Self

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks nudeyorker.
i love your suggestion of volunteer work. i have actually done more of that than i will say, but yes. I do that and i love it and look for every opportunity to do more of it. thanks for that encouragement.

K

kundalinikat

The first thing is that one's (own) heart is to be believed over, more than, before every other part of the body. If a troubling feeling arises from within a different part of the body such as the head, face, back, shoulder, hip, loins, butt or any part of the belly, then it should be paid attention to as something informational, but it could be either the true feeling of the way this part of the body should feel, or a symptom of one's own effect. If a feeling is really coming from your heart than it should be trusted.

So it is remarkably easy to distinguish emotions or bodily pains which are self-pitying from those feelings which are not... those from the heart are not! (N.b. I don't think self-pity is bad, but merely a technique people use, and not always a useful one at the end.) You really shouldn't outpace your heart, or sentence it to merely keeping your body alive, rather than giving it a little exercise ;) I also notice that the truly ecstatic emotions occur during moments one's attention is in the rhythm of the heart, and that transcendent emotions and pains emanating from other parts of the body are most frightening when they force attention away from the heart.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

What is your method that you use to love one self?

on reflection .. can i suggest
Contentment within yourself' would be a priority
Surely a little difficult to attain,however working at it with or without a partner .. setting your priorities with .. in Particular your Financial concerns and Emotional needs
THEN when you have sorted yourself out with i believe at minimum these two things,contenment could bringa fondness and love of self .. whatever energy you have left .. apply to putting it out there to your fellow person.
Seems to have worked for me since age 30
Personally have had a theory that we are/have been born destined to follow a given path.
Working at varying this path is the ultimate i feel in living a reasonable life..ala on earth.
enz

D

deleted356736

This one resonates with me because I had a difficult upbringing, and until I learned to respect myself and to be proud of me as a man, I didn't find love at all. By the time I'd learned self-respect and self-pride, I fell in love, and I still love the same woman just as intensely.

What I felt at that time wasn't loving myself, it was as I describe it. Nonetheless, I had to reach this point of self-respect and self[pride to be able to reach out and love someone else.