How to Move Out A Molester?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

On Friday someone left a two page flyer in our door notifying us that a convicted sex offender lives in our neighborhood. :mad::frown1: I was shocked and horrified to say the least. There are many young families with children in our neighborhood.

In addition to his most recent conviction of child molestation he has also been convicted of:
    2008 Criminal Trespass
    2004 Theft by Taking
    2002 Criminal Attempt

There have been a rash of car break-ins in recent weeks. Which has my parents on edge. Every time I hear a car alarm I'm looking out the window. I am seriously considering buying a gun and taking lessons on how to shoot it.

I don't know who the good samaritan was who blanketed the neighborhood with these informative flyers; but I am grateful they did. My concern now is two part: One how do we get rid of this guy legally. Two I am concerned about the possibility of vigilante justice. This is afterall rural Georgia. :redface: It's not out of the realm of reason to think that might occur. All it takes is one person to snap, and a herd mentality can turn a peaceful protest into a belligerent mob.

It's not like I live in the projects. Where did a person like this get $280K for a house? :confused:

#1 Principessa, Nov 16, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  2. crescendo69

Gold Member

Where should they live? I'm not defending them.

3. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    make no mistake about it - there are criminals at ALL economic levels...

4. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    The answer may be pretty evident if you've been paying attention to the reasons behind the stock market/economic implosion. That aside, people of such ilk are everywhere in society, often where you'd least expect them to reside.

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

OK I'm just going to play the devils advocate for a moment. I do volunteer work for Legal Aid. I had a client a few years ago who got drunk and went to a public bathroom and took all of his clothes off and a young boy walked in on him. Nothing happened, but this person who was a highly paid professional was convicted of a sex crime and had to register as a sex offender.
    Because sex offenders are required to register with the state and with a parole office, the residents of your community can obtain the records from the state and you will see the severity of the crime. If it really is someone who is dangerous and a threat to your community the state will have issued documents with your local police or sheriffs office. My first suggestion is to check with the police before you form further opinions in the matter. If it was the man who I worked with...he is harmless and attends AA and does not take his clothing off in public places any longer.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

[quote=crescendo69;1821449]Where should they live? I'm not defending them.[/quote]I hear you. I'm not condoning any of his behavior. But my parents didn't work hard and save their money to live someplace with scum like that. :12: There are good schools in this town. Is that what attracted him here? :confused: :angryfire2:

Put all those people in a securely, gated community. Let them rob, rape, and molest each other.:cool:

7. Garth33

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Why don't you go knock on his door and ask him NJ? I'm not being a smartass here either. Reading a lot of your posts it seems like you have more balls than a lot of guys here and I mean that as a compliment. Knock on his door, introduce yourself as a neighbor, show him the flyer and ask him what he thinks about it. You will probably be able to tell way more in a 5 minute conversation than you will in a flyer distributed anonymously around the neighborhood and you can go with your gut feeling on how he reacts to it all.

In case you think I have experience with this, I do but NOT THAT WAY:rolleyes: I have one of these guys living 2 houses down from me as a registered sex offender. All the neighbors were buzzing so one day I just stopped him and asked. Long story short he was a mid-20's guy who went to a party and picked up an underage girl whose parents had charges brought against him. He said he had alcohol problems at the time and it was the biggest mistake of his life. I felt like he was being sincere and didn't mind me asking him and, although the neighbors have been very cautious and watchful, we haven't had any problems with him for 2 years. Been a good neighbor and is married now and seems stable.

A LOT of these guys are rotten apples that you want nothing to do with but some are people just "tagged" without reason for real worry - and if he can afford a house like that? There must be more to his story than meets the eye....just my opinion.

8. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    That's a good one.

Let me start by saying that molesters are everywhere you wouldn't think they'd be. They're poor, rich, middle class, heck maybe even your best friend. It's kinda like a disease, as molesters come from everywhere.

Having said that, there's really nothing you can do legally to get them out unless you catch them in the act of doing something illegal, press charges, THEN you might be able to legally coerce them into moving. Especially if the whole neighborhood gangs up on them.

But them being molesters, deserve everything they get that's bad. ESPECIALLY if they're child molesters. Death is not good enough for them. So if someone were to do "vigilante justice", hopefully they've watched enough CSI so as not to get caught.

Other than that, you and your neighbors need to protect the kids in the neighborhood and watch each other's backs.

#8 EagleCowboy, Nov 16, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  9. Principessa

Gold Member

I know that. It's not like I live in Orange County, CA. I'm just not used to them being almost literally in my backyard.

As I clicked submit I realized he probably got one of those adjustable rate mortgages with the super low interest rate to start.

I see your point and have heard of similar situations happening to other people. I don't think what happend to the man you mentioned is fair and I can see how it could potentially ruin his life. I might even go so far as to say that there is a small flaw in the system.

Did you see his other convictions? :confused: It's that stuff in addition to the child molestation which makes me feel unsafe. I'm sure the other people in the neighborhood feel the same way. This man is obviously a career criminal; not a white collar criminal convicted of insurance fraud or insider trading.

10. nudeyorker

Gold Member

NJ
    I'm behind you on this. His background looks bad. He could be living under the custodianship of his parents or a sponsor. Anyone with this background does not want any further trouble or most likely they are going to go to prison. I firmly feel that is someone is a threat to their community that prison might be the best place for them. But please have informed information before you make your final opinion.

11. Garth33

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Agree! Thanks nudeyorker!

12. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not all sex offenders are child molesters. I don't want to defend them either but how do these people actually pay for there crimes. You can kill someone and not have to report where you move. How a murderer can pay for his crime but someone who is fucked in the head enough to do this has to pay for the rest of his life. This is wrong!!!

13. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ok, I don't think you should act on any impulse to buy a gun or be violent. This is the most scary thing you have stated. You don't know this person or what the situation is or anything. If there is a person that acts out of social norms it is the police's area of expertise.

14. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

exactly it is a sad day when these type people have more rights than we or our children do. i dont believe in the 3 strikes an your out law but i also dont think that there are very many of these perverts are just saddled with this name by accident either. a mistake is a mistake but not 4 or 5 charges about the same thing on the same person. and they still run the streets. and it is always the streets where kids are at or live. so some times vigil anti Justice is all we have when it comes to protecting our kids, sorry to say but if they knew for sure what was going to happen if they got cough for this there wouldn't be as much of it going on and they sue wouldn't be so open about it.

15. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

NJ as a gun owner before you go down that road do you know that the law requires that the person be in your house before you shoot them and you can only "shoot to stop" the threat you cannot "shoot to kill" ? This is the law in Mass. as far as I know it today.
    The requirement is is different in most states I would guess but that is an extreme measure for you to take in my opinion.
    You must also qualify in the type of gun you intend to buy first before you are able to buy it. Someone else may have a more exact knowledge of the gun laws in Ga.
    But that is a prerequisite for most states I believe.
    Mr. Ed says you would be better off with a 34 Louisville Slugger!
    I'm sure you know that you would have to go far and beyond what an unarmed person would be held to when you own a firearm.
    cigarbabe & Mr. Ed

#15 B_cigarbabe, Nov 17, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  16. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

if he served time, is he, should he still be treated, thought of as a "criminal"?

what was the point of incarceration?

isn't the whole idea that he has paid his debt to society, and is now just anyone of us?

are we moving back to labeling, and resorting to "status" of criminal?

17. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

g32, There isn't a place in the world where child molesters can live
    where there won't be any children in the area surely you know that?
    I have noticed that you often have your information confused and
    it's hard to understand you because you won't use the spell check.
    I'm not trying to make this about you but vigilante justice will get you 30 years in prison in most jurisdictions.
    You can protect your children by doing the best you can to have them informed and with a guardian at all times but that may not be enough to stop a determined predator.
    It is also level 3 offenders who are usually going to be the ones who will re-offend despite what may happen to them. I just don't think you can determine who is going to do what at any given moment if you could we would be rid of criminal acts altogether. When is the prison term they have served enough?
    They must be able to live their lives also.
    C.B.:saevil:

#17 B_cigarbabe, Nov 17, 2008
  18. Garth33

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I REALLY hesitated to bring this up and it's going to touch off a LOT OF NERVES here but why wouldn't you give someone a chance a reveal their real self before you pre-judge them based on information handed to you in a flyer NJ? Seriously! I don't think I have to remind you there was (thankfully and hopefully for the future!) a time in America when someone moved into your neighborhood, there was lot of talk, and most of the people where willing to pull out the pitchforks (and WORSE!) rather than let one of "them" move into the neighborhood...

Like I said before, give it a shot and talk to him...you WILL find out what kind of person he really is dealing with him one on one as a person. If he strikes you as bad - go with it and then find a way to kick his *ss out of the neighborhood. I'd be behind you but what happens if he seems sincere, upfrontup, and remorseful? Give him the benefit of the doubt and let him f*ck up his own standing...we do all have to get along here in this world...

19. D_Marazion Analdouche

I want to know where you live that 280K buys a house? That's not high at all, so I'm not sure why that should have any factor on what a person has as a criminal record. Hell here, 280K doesn't buy you a 1 bedroom condo, I won't even mention what I'm paying for my condo and the ex's house. >.<

If he has served his time for the crime, there isn't anything you can do. You can thank judges that don't care about sentencing these animals more than someone that is carrying an ounce of bud on them. As much as I believe these people should be dragged out back and introduced to a ball peen hammer, acetone, rubbermaid container and salt once hey serve what was handed down to them, and they continue to register as dictated they can live normal lives like the rest of us.

As far as learning how to fire a weapon and owning a gun, these type of criminals will not attack you so you see it coming. They prey on people that won't see it coming, not giving family a chance to defend their love ones.

However if you want him to go away....for a small fee...............

#19 D_Marazion Analdouche, Nov 17, 2008
  20. Principessa

Gold Member

That's how it was in Jersey I haven't found anything stating that in Georgia yet. However I would like to think the rules are the same here as that makes sense. FWIW: I have no intention of hunting this guy down like a dog to kill him.
    The requirement is is different in most states I would guess but that is an extreme measure for you to take in my opinion.
    You must also qualify in the type of gun you intend to buy first before you are able to buy it. Someone else may have a more exact knowledge of the gun laws in Ga.
    But that is a prerequisite for most states I believe. [/quote] I have no problem with taking lessons or abiding with a pre-purchase waiting period. This is actually something I have been thinking about for awhile.

When I lived in Mass I slept with a bat under my bed. :frown1:
    I'm sure you know that you would have to go far and beyond what an unarmed person would be held to when you own a firearm.
    cigarbabe & Mr. Ed[/quote]

Damn, you sound like a broken record. :mad: In theory, when one is incarcerated they are being rehabilitated. This rarely if ever happens. I have yet to hear of an instance when a sex offender was fully rehabilitated.

Draft saved Draft deleted