how to properly measure

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by MrShow, Mar 19, 2010.

1. MrShow

MrShow New Member

Hey this is kinda a lame question sorry, but i've been asked a lot what are my stats and there are days when it seems to fluctuate sometimes as much as a whole half an inch, yesterday i was 7.9 today 8.5 usually im around 8.3 or so. is it just to do with my state of arrousal and does it happen to other men? Also i heard a good way to measure your girth is the toilet paper roll test, i can only get the tip of my head into it but wouldnt companies have a varying roll size??

2. D_Auric_Goldthinger

D_Auric_Goldthinger Account Disabled

bone pressed along the top of penis

3. jimeight

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Your size will fluctuate according to arousal..With that said, bone pressed is the correct way to measure. If you have a curve, use string, then measure the string.

4. B_DEATHbyCARROT

B_DEATHbyCARROT New Member

I dunno even though it would increase my number to one I'd be happier with I have always considered bone pressing to be a bit of a cheat. I think all that matters is what you can fit in there when you're doin the nasty.

5. kloffus2000

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Bone pressed gives a fixed refernece oint for the root. However i thnk it is important to hold the erect dick horizontal or so that it sticks out at right angles to the belly.
    I can measure myself as 7½ easily if I press my erection down below the horizontal but really I am only 7¼.

A still more rigorous way is to find a card tube ( Core to kitchen towels ?- I find I am too thick for a toilet rolecore.) and insert the cock and mark the point reached by the tip. Tis woill show the actual "useful" length for penetrative intercourse. This way i get to 7.

6. kloffus2000

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Please forgive sloppy typing ! Hope you can get what I mean.

7. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

whatever yields the most favorable measurement.

BTW... I can't understand why guys give their measurements in tenths of an inch when rulers and tapes are based on !/8 or 1/16 of an inch???

8. MrShow

MrShow New Member

ok you guys have all been really helpfull! thanks ill press to the bone and maybe do a couple of measurements and get an average.

9. D_Darneston Kneelength

Here's Petey's method to properly measure:

DON'T

Knowing the size of your cock is to open yourself to a world of darkness. A world in which your measurements form need, envy and jealousy if too small, or if large that make for a sick ego and pride over a quantity that required no accomplishment on your part.

This is just a respectfully offered opinion, but the biggest service we can do to each other in this support GROUP is in helping each other be sane and socially well adjusted around this topic -- penis size.

If you need to know the size of your cock you need to compare it to something for the measurement to have meaning. Why do you need to compare yourself?

I'm not speaking from on high with any moral authority. I was victim to that thinking and I am trying to do better. I can only hope that some guy out there who has never touched his cock with a ruler will think twice about it.

10. MrShow

MrShow New Member

thats a nice insight, but ive never really been one of envy i've got what i got hehe and no past lovers have ever complained nor does my current one. its more my own curiosity as i've been asked a lot.

11. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

I did a thread on this - it's quite common.

It seems random as hell, but caffeine, alcohol, smoking, excessive sex the day before, various hormones & chemicals - all can affect size.

I had fun drunken sex most of last night, hate it in the morning, yet when I came out of the shower with a lazy lob on, the girlfriend squealed & grabbed it. Even half up, it was noticeably thicker than the night before, & earned me an unexpected 2 handed blowjob.

I don't measure anymore, I know roughly how big can get in length & girth, & can see whether or not it's at its best, or not.

12. RodneySpearring

RodneySpearring New Member

Albums:
    Hahahahaha this just got me to thinking of the first time I whipped out a ruler and evaluated my cock, I was either 12 or 13 and I was disheartened to read only 6 inches...

13. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

so with a curve, you measure bone-pressed along the curve? I heard someone say you're supposed to bend the curve straight and then measure, but that just hurts.

14. erratic

Gold Member

Dude, really, the difference between 7.9in and 8.5in is not going to make any difference to anything except maybe your ego. Which is not to sound rude, just matter-of-fact. That half an inch isn't going to make any difference in pleasure for you or your partner(s). As long as you're not measuring from the bottom of your balls it's bound to be accurate enough, so call it 8.5 and wear it with a smile. Could be worse...you could be debating 7.9cm vs 8.5cm ;-)

15. MrShow

MrShow New Member

haha very true erratic

Draft saved Draft deleted