how to raise your daughter?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by dolfette, May 15, 2011.

1. dolfette

Gold Member

The link had images of minors. The subject is an eight year old getting botox.

#1 dolfette, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
  2. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

I saw this a few days ago. It's completely fucked up that this woman can go on national television and talk about shooting poison into her daughter's face as if it's no big deal, yet(link removed...images of minors has her kids taken because she has breast cancer and this homeless woman was taken to jail for trying to get her child an education. They should be interviewing the struggling mothers doing right by their kids and arrested the idiots that shoot botox into their kids faces and wax their bodies. UGH!!!!

Sorry for being a bit ranty on this, I just can't wrap my head around the shit logic of modern society.

#2 D_Rosalind Mussell, May 15, 2011
  3. D_Madam_Ovary

D_Madam_Ovary Account Disabled

Botox and virgin waxes for an eight year old? Child abuse. This woman makes me so fucking mad. It makes me sad that there are countless other knobheads out there whom it didn't even occur to until they saw this on the news. Childhood is being eroded away to the point of nothing :(

4. Ed69

Gold Member

Sadly,this is not modern logic.People have been doing shit to their children for hundreds of years.Scarifacation,genital mods female and male?Foot binding in China and what about corsets,that will permanently change your ribcage and limit how you breath?

It's wrong,but it's not new or modern.

5. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

What I said was contextual, referring to the dichotomy between actual logic and the nonsensical reasoning modern society seems to infer as logical. The mother in the OP embodies this perfectly and that is what I was referring to.

6. Incocknito

Gold Member

What the hell? Neither the mother nor the daughter (in the OP) are attractive. As the Chinese proverb says: "you can't polish a turd".

And never mind the health risks. The point is she's never going to be attractive no matter how much botox or waxing she has done. She's pretty average looking.

So I don't really know what the mother is trying to do. It seems like she is sexualising her daughter, maybe unintentionally (Americans are not the brightest).

Does botox/cosmetic surgery make people more attractive? Let's see:

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/10/01/1010-roma-downey-credit.jpg
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/31/article-0-0269516B00000578-123_468x421.jpg
    http://juicyrumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/rose_mcgowan_facelift.jpg
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vvAhyR-6P..._1ycjkL8/s1600/carrot-top-plastic-surgery.jpg

I just can't believe that people think that's attractive and I don't know why anyone would do it. Either you are born good looking or you aren't. Surgery doesn't make you better looking, it just makes you look inhuman.

7. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
  8. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Parenting comes in all shapes and sizes. Sort of like boobs. (Pun intended)

9. luka82

Gold Member

Jesus!

10. D_Sandy_Crotch

D_Sandy_Crotch Account Disabled

This woman caused a stir on UK TV announcing she had given her 7yr daughter a voucher for a boob job. She is well documented for constantly injecting botox and fillers and has performed them on her 16 yr old step daughter. It is terrible that these girls have no other aspirations than to look like a Barbie doll and be obsessed with their their looks.

#10 D_Sandy_Crotch, May 15, 2011
  11. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Seldom do we agree, ed, but on this, yes. Humans are so weird. :sad:

12. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I like corsets and find corset training interesting. Though I don't think anyone should HAVE to wear them. In my opinion body alterations are fine if someone is old enough to make an informed decision.

I think it's ridiculous that people can have their childrens bodies modified if it's not medically necessary. I watched a clip a couple of months ago where a women flew her daughter to another state to have her ears surgically altered. They stuck out to far from her head or some other rubbish... the physician got on camera and agreed that the child could be harassed by her peers in school because of her ears.

Who was NOT harassed in school??? Fat kids, thin kids, tall kids, short kids, kids with red hair, glasses and whatever else. A lot of people are picked on in school. It happens, people are jerks. Unless children have a physical deformity the negatively impacts their future why alter their physical appearance permanently?

I would rather raise any children I ever have using positive reinforcement. The Dove movement for self-esteem project has some interesting ideas.

#12 HiddenLacey, May 15, 2011
  13. Asphyxia

Asphyxia New Member

I concur :) .. I really don't think this is deserves discussion. She's the one who carried her for 9 months so she can do what she wants; its her daughter. I don't see a measly botox injection as child abuse. If that's the case, then why don't we see immunity shots that kids are forced to endure as 'child abuse' also? That's supposed to somehow prepare them or protect them in some way, shape, or form. And the parents have not much say so on that (even if they believe in natural healing). Basically what I'm getting at is, its her child, and she is only doing what she believes is best for her daughter.. Doesn't make it right but its none of our business.. period.

14. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't care what her gestation period was. She, or any other parent does not get to do whatever she wants with her kids. You get to do whatever you want with inanimate objects, not human beings. Saying "its her daughter" is not the same as saying "its her Barbie doll".

I doubt that injections of an extremely neurotoxic substance are going to protect or prepare the girl in any way for her future. There are side effects of the injections and they should only be prescribed and administered by professionals.

Even if there were no physical side effects, what she is telling her 8 year old that she is not pretty enough, does not meet her standards of beauty, and will not succeed in life without the help of some external aid... In this case, a drug.

15. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Who else wanted to grab that stupid totty by the scruff of the neck and slap some sense into her?

16. youngbuck00

youngbuck00 New Member

It's good, preemptive measure against aging ;)

17. dolfette

Gold Member

utter rot.
    our children aren't our property.
    we're just charged with taking care of them and equipping them to make the right choices in life. we should always question our choices, look at the possible effects, keep our minds and our eyes open.
    foisting our own issues and hang ups on them is wrong, and is something decent parents try to avoid.
    i carried my daughter for 9 months.
    i don't think about all the rights that gave me.
    i'm too busy thinking about all the responsibilities it gave me instead.

AlteredEgo likes this.
  18. D_Madam_Ovary

D_Madam_Ovary Account Disabled

This.

I applaud you for coming up with such an eloquent response when all my brain could produce was a long trail of swear words.

19. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well put, Dolfette.

I was shocked by the story, and the addled sense of entitlement the mother holds about her daughter's physical appearance. And their bizarre views on the future: stardom waits for them.

My ex-wife told me that in her home country, South Korea, there is strong pressure on females to have eyelid surgery, to "westernize" their appearance and "enhance" their beauty. (It changes the folds of the eyelid, not to change the shape of the eye in a drastic way. It's day surgery.) The advantages this supposedly offers in career and marriage opportunities means that mothers often pressure the girls into expecting it, and then ensuring it will happen. Socially it became widespread, first among the monied classes, and then among many with modest means.

This cosmetic surgery pressure started some time ago, in the late 1980s. My ex had to fight with her mother to stand her ground, and never had the operation.

#19 rawbone8, May 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  20. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm one with Dolfette as well. My daughter is way too precious to me to even think about marring her in any way. I hyperventilated when thinking about her first haircut, for heaven's sake!!! She's 22 now, and if she told me she was thinking about getting a boob job I think I would still go in a tizzy!

Draft saved Draft deleted