how to raise your daughter?

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can conclude that you were not a fat six year old.

True enough. And neither is my daughter, hence the unexpected dismay.

I was more mentally prepared for the hypothetical day she may encounter racism, if that should happen. She's mixed Caucasian-Korean.

I already dealt with the comments from little girls who told her she was too much like a boy, not girlish enough. She wasn't in tears over that one.

The issues of peer conformity don't surprise me now. Some can choose to ostracize over any little thing. It's about social power. I'm encouraging her to be confident in her choices and not stoop to that behaviour toward others.

Compassion is worth teaching, so I tell her to let others know if their comments are hurting her feelings. Some may be surprised they have had that effect. Others may be delighted in the confirmation. Calling them on it is the key.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlteredEgo

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
been there!

mum, sarah keeps saying i'm fat!
would you ever call someone fat?
no.
why not?
because it would upset them.
so we can conclude from this that sarah must be an arsehole.
*grin*
and therefore nothing she says is worth squit.
*nod*

You are an awesome Mother Dolf!

I wish my mum was as interested, concerned and as engaged!

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So now it's being reported that the whole thing was a hoax. Child Services got called in and now the woman says she did it (lied about the botox) for money!
The child was taken by Child Services to UCLA Medical Center and tests show that there was no evidence that she had botox in her system.

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
she'd get her child to lie to the world, just for attention?
but there are pictures of her sticking a needle in that kid's face...
she put a needle in her kid's face for a prank?

i'm not sure if that's better or worse than the first story.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Agreed. What that will teach the little girl only time will tell but it surely can't be good.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

It's better, but better in the way that bare-ass paddle-spanking is better than water-boarding your ten year old.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's better, but better in the way that bare-ass paddle-spanking is better than water-boarding your ten year old.

So you mean to say the lesser of two evils? 2 Of those wrongs don't make a right? Two in the hand is worth a dick in a bush... Wait what? I lost my train of thought. ;-)

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I concur :) .. I really don't think this is deserves discussion. She's the one who carried her for 9 months so she can do what she wants; its her daughter. I don't see a measly botox injection as child abuse. If that's the case, then why don't we see immunity shots that kids are forced to endure as 'child abuse' also? That's supposed to somehow prepare them or protect them in some way, shape, or form. And the parents have not much say so on that (even if they believe in natural healing). Basically what I'm getting at is, its her child, and she is only doing what she believes is best for her daughter.. Doesn't make it right but its none of our business.. period.

I am very much a believer that everyone has a right to voice their opinion, and you certainly do by all means, but this kind of thinking scares the fucking shit out of me.

She is not just "injecting her daughter", she is injecting her daughter with a form of poison and doing it without medical supervising.

Not to start a new topic but Euthanasia is "just an injection" of poison, and that is illegal, as to should botox be on an 8 year old who does not have enough experience in life to know what is acceptable.

And as for mother doing the "best she knows for her daughter", if that includes giving her a fucked up image of self worth, as well as distorting her notion of natural beauty and also what society finds beautiful then this is a person/mother that should not be responsible for any life let alone a child.

Ps: Sorry for all the swearing, but in this case i find it necessary

redejb87

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Toddlers and Tiaras is preposterous! I can only imagine what those poor little girls are going to think when they grow up, might be thinking that beauty and image is everything. Putting the wrong ideals in a child's head will never turn out right.

Of course it's their right, but I feel it's wrong to subject a wee girl to that kind of scrutiny.