how to shave?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Imported, May 17, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

Jamir223: hey everybody, i have a few problems here i would like your help with.
    firstly i have a hairy shaft of the penis! not nice and disguises the length- never a good thing!! is this natural? does any one else have hair on their shaft?

Seconldly, i shaved it! looked cool for a few days, then i got a nasty, itchy regrwoth rash and ingrowing hairs-ouch! i then tries trimming but it just looks daft!! any ideas on how to not get a rash that itchs like hell and looks wierd??
    also it grew backer thicker and am now wishing i'd never shaved it in the first place!!

i hate this hair, please help
    thanx loads

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Well, you could try dying the hair or spray-painting it to match the surrounding skin.

:D

Pecker

3. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

This is time-consuming and tedious, but it's a hell of a lot more effective than shaving. Try plucking the hairs out with tweezers. Don't try getting them all in one night. Spread it out over a period of time. Plucking often traumatises the root and retards regrowth, so subsequent 'touch-ups' will become less necessary over time.

4. Imported

Gold Member

Jamir223: thanx but i think thatd kinda hurt!!

5. Imported

Gold Member

xblokegb: Hi Jamir.

I take it you've tried shaving after softening up the skin, to minimise any discomfort. I also assume that because you get ingrowing hair that you have curly to very curly pubic hair.
    People I know who get ingrowing beard hair hoik the hair out with a pin! Obviously I see why you'd want to avoid this as well because you'd be increasing the risk of an infection and oh yes, there's always the pain!

So I'd suggest, shave with the direction of growth instead of against, or leave shaving well alone and think about an alternative method. I have heard of people using hair removal creams, but of course you can't use this if you have broken or irritated skin or allergic to the ingredients.

Give it a go, or consider electrolysis if it gets to you that much. Report back here? Let others know how you get on, thats what this is here for.
    Good luck and take care.
    Xbloke
    ;)

6. Imported

Gold Member

robbnks: I used this gel hair remover my gf has. Irritated a bit the first time I did it but now it is no big deal using it. be careful where you apply it though cause it will remove hair quickly. The plus is this....No razor burn, ingrown hairs or stubble.

7. Imported

Gold Member

brad2002: Yes, it's natural to have hair on your dick! And it's beautiful, so leave it alone. I wouldn't mind picking a few of those hairs out of my teeth.

8. Imported

Gold Member

Jamir223: brad, do u even know me????

thanx for the advice guys, reckon al give that hair removal cream a try. now i just have to get through the embarrassment factor of buying the bloody stuff!!!!

9. Imported

Gold Member

aussiechick63: I use hair removal cream as well. I have noticed over time the hair is growing back slower and not as thick either. It is definitely worth a try. You will need to get one for sensitive skin.Follow the directions. Don't leave it on too long.
    Good luck

10. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: I had an increasing amout of hair on the shaft when I decided to do a major shave around age 28. I used a razor with warm soapy water for lather. I was itchy as hell for about 2-3 weeks afterward and so I thought I'd made a major mistake in doing it.

However, I found I liked the feel of the bare flesh against my briefs so I stuck with it. When the itching finally faded the smooth and clean cut sensation made me feel bigger and maybe that somehow contributed to making me look bigger. In any case, I sure felt horny afterwards.

When my next bed partner got her first look at me, her reaction proved to be everthing I hoped for: astonishment followed by coy hesitation and then finishing with a couple of rollicking good humps. Not a bad day's work.

SG

11. Imported

Gold Member

ORCABOMBER: It's almost an artform, but I think that sometimes it doesn't work as well for some people as for others, sort of like shaving a beard, altough I'm very, vey patient.

12. Imported

Gold Member

rainfletcher: I started shaving about a year ago. Like you, I have some stragglers half-way up my shaft, and they were getting long. I hated them. So, I shaved.

I've been playing with it awhile, and have finally gotten it down. I use Aveeno shave gel - works 100 times better than soapy water. Also, I use a fresh blade every time (ONLY gilette sensor XL). And I use a very good after shave gel. Either the Aveda or American Crew works good.

I have to shave every other day, or the stubble gets irritating for my partner, but the reward is well, well worth it. I love the feel, and it makes me feel better about my shaft.

One other thing, I tried the hair removal gel, and hated it. Stank to high heaven, and didn't do shit. I left that heinous stuff on for like 15 minutes, too....

13. Imported

Gold Member

thingsteal: I shave my shaft every few weeks. Always soap up first, rinse, apply shaving cream, and then use a brand-new high-quality razor. Be gentle. Don't rush it.

Then I always use a beard/hair trimmer for my pubic hairs. I won't shave that because I've had ingrown and infected hairs before, but I'll trim down to the lowest setting on the trimmer. Keeps it neat. Because of my handiwork I convinced my wife to trim herself as well. We both enjoy oral sex much more now with fewer hairs getting in the way.

14. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: Yah, thingsteal is right. Definitely use a new razor and go slow!

SG

15. Imported

Gold Member

tott666: I have to second the tweezer method. Or laser/electrolysis/wax. These methods will stunt or kill the hair growth eventually. Another plus is that you won't get itchy stubbly regrowth; no scratching for you and no stubble burn for partners. Just remember to exfoliate if you're prone to get ingrown hairs like me... Win/win.

Is hair on the shaft natural or not? Yes, it is for some people. I'm very hairy all over my body but I do my best to combat it. I don't feel comfortable looking like a gorilla. I'm just thankful I'm light blond; if I don't keep up the maintenance it takes a while until the hairs really are noticeable. And then it's like peach fuzz unless I really let myself go...

16. Imported

Gold Member

man-ya: hey just shave it all off. it feels better and its smooth

17. Imported

Gold Member

Trackers: I agree with Aussiechick. You could use removal creams such as Veet. You can just wipe it off or wash it off in about 5 mins, but I don't recommend leaving it on any longer than that, just to be on the safe side.

18. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not too fond of accidently lancing my scrotal sack or shaft either :eek:
    . I think what Tracker said about using creams has the most validity; but like tracker said, don't leave it on there forever, just enough to get the hair off, and after that has been accomplished, wash yourself off immediately so you don't get an irritation.

19. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: ..

20. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

I think just trimming down as far as possible and then using creams would be favorable than having wax on me and my shaft and then ripping it off. :eek: Don't forget where you want to remove the hair; near your genitalia and pubic region. It's not exactly gonna be ectasy after yanking out some follicles with wax.

Draft saved Draft deleted