How to: Spot a Celeb?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by luckyinky, Mar 23, 2008.

1. luckyinky

luckyinky New Member

Hey all, I've heard stories of people in London in some of the clubs, baths, etc. spotting celebrities.

Anyone spotted any? Which clubs, etc? Recentlyish or no?

Any places in USA?

2. hotbtminla

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've seen or met hundreds of them. :smile: What's the context - are you just asking where you might see a celebrity in general? Or a celebrity naked?

3. B_becominghorse

B_becominghorse New Member

In New York through the years, also very many in all different fields. Last big one unexpected was Barbara Walters going to see 'Gypsy' last summer with Patti Lupone. I know where to find them in Los Angeles too--Polo Lounge, Geoffrey's, anywhere at Malibu if you want to act like an idiot gawking--but I've never gone searching them out, doesn't interest me. I'm sure if you live in L.A. you gradually do see a lot of the pop type of stars. You see those here too, like over on the riverfront, a lot of stars have moved in over the last 10 years in those Richard Meier glass apts. on West Street. I've seen Julianne Moore, Liam Neesson, Helen Mirren, Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins (separately those last two, though) over the last year. I may have seen Tom Cruise the other day, but not sure--whoever it was looked manic in the same way. Anyway, I'm just bullshitting here, while dreaming of sucking hotbtminla's asshole....oh, you're down there, I see...tee hee, you big-dicked bottom, hot piece of ass....lol

4. hotbtminla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh, horse, you charmer you. :tongue:

LA is lousy with celebrities. Not counting the celebs I've met in a work capacity which are too many to count, I've had run ins with them just about everywhere. Dog park, gym, supermarket, movie theater, traffic, shops, mechanic, dry cleaner, at least half a dozen restaurants in my neighborhood, an equal number of bars - I don't even frequent the "hot" nightspots. I think you'd have to go out of your way (or stick only to heavily touristed areas) to avoid seeing someone here.

I threw Lindsay Lohan out of a club I perform in for smoking a couple weeks ago. And I didn't even realize it was her until I'd said, "Get the fuck out" and cocked my thumb at the door. I became my own hero that night.

5. B_becominghorse

B_becominghorse New Member

She truly is the most unbelievable idiot.

I do get out there usually around Christmas, and wander around a lot, but not many clubs (there's enough of that here.) But I have never seen celebs except onstage in concerts and operas at the Music Center, and in shows at the Pantages, Hollywood. Lesser ones at 'Nutcracker' at UCLA this past Xmas, but never in Beverly Hills, but I haven't tried either. I only went to Rodeo Drive shops once (about the only place in LA I really don't like, it's hateful), saw nothing but ugly rich kids (not that they are all ugly.) LA is a relaxing version of NYC for me, I just go there, dream and fuck. It's a grand town. Never have seen stars in person on Hollywood Boulevard, but you would at some opening or other big function.

6. hotbtminla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, she is. And she's got a lot of mileage on her. I'm more than 10 years older than her, not that you'd guess it if you saw us side by side.

I've never seen anyone famous on Rodeo either. It's only for tourists and rich 'tards who don't realize (or care) that anything you buy on Rodeo you can buy elsewhere in LA for significantly less.

I shouldn't have been so cavalier with my proclamation of them being everywhere here - it does depend upon where you go or what neighborhood you live in/visit. I'm in a part of town where a lot of young Hollywood and musicians live (I run into Katherine Heigl, Mandy Moore and Casey Affleck, among others, at least once a month at the local Coffee Bean and/or brunch places). I've seen quite a few at my gym, but then again my gym is near a studio and in a hip part of town. But I've also run into people like Reese Witherspoon and Cameron Diaz at the movies and George Clooney at a gas station.

Maybe I'm just Forrest Gump. :wink:

7. luckyinky

luckyinky New Member

i guess I could've been more specific. Nude celebs would be nice! ;)

But I am interested in where celebs usually hang about...

8. B_IanTheTall

B_IanTheTall New Member

I saw a celebrated person, at a place that is no more, in a city I haven't been to in years...

:rolleyes:

9. hotbtminla

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can't speak for London or New York, but in LA your options are (in general) limited to gyms or finding work on a movie set (and even then, nude/love scenes are usually shot on a closed set). Most public figures don't hang around in the buff that often. :smile:

The gyms in LA where I've seen famous people naked are Crunch, Sports Club LA, the 24HF at the Arclight and the Hollywood Y. The latter are my "regular" gyms so I'm more familiar with them. I'm sure there's more though.

10. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

back off bitch! I saw him first!!! :tongue:

11. hotbtminla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Now, now fellas, I'm sure we can work out a time-share. :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted