How to talk to your parents about why I was Circumcised?

rusty__

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
the OP's original question was forgotten about 3 pages ago...i was just following along the convo in the thread...of course it matters to him otherwise he would not have started the thread in the first place!!!

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It appears that the O/P isn't going to post any followup to this thread. I don't blame him for abandoning it. It was rather derisive and at times hostile.

I think it's quite fair for a guy to ask his parents why part of his penis was cut off. Ideally, an honest answer should be given. Even if it's "it was automatic back then" he should at least get some form of an honest answer.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This is a question that is bothering YOU, which makes it important. You surely have the right to ask the reasons your parents had you circumcised, but you can't be overly judgmental towards your parents. You weren't there when the decision was made, and you don;t know all the factors that went into it. They may not remember the exact reasons, or may not have considered it a big deal at the time. They may not understand why this bothers you so much, so you have to show some patience. But don't feel that you don't have the right to ask why it was done, because you need the information for closure on the issue, obviously, and asking is the only way you are going to get it. Good luck!

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do find it rather confusing when people blithely declare you need therapy if the fact that you were circumcised when you were a kid bothers you, or use pop psychology to explain that he's transferring other issues to his circumcision- if I'd had a part of me cut off I'd want to know why. It's up to the guy to decide if it's an issue for him and no one else has any business telling him to just forget about it.

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
From talking to the new parents at work the answers would be.
  • Everyone does it.
  • Didn't want the other boys to make fun of you in the lockeroom.
  • Didn't know there was a choice
  • Wanted you to look like father, brothers, other family member
  • I hate men
  • didn't want you to have problems with it as an adult

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do find it rather confusing when people blithely declare you need therapy if the fact that you were circumcised when you were a kid bothers you, or use pop psychology to explain that he's transferring other issues to his circumcision- if I'd had a part of me cut off I'd want to know why. It's up to the guy to decide if it's an issue for him and no one else has any business telling him to just forget about it.
i'd suggest that they're the ones who need therapy.
if they're so threatened and alarmed by the simple need to know why...

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Don't even bother talking to them. Just get an axe and let the axe do the talking. Make sure you register at your local anti-circ brigade headquarters first. They'll give you instructions on how to use the axe.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Does anyone notice the rash of "unhappy" circed newbies around here? Something seems suspicious. We all know that multiple accounts is grounds for banning, right?

ellehutton

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Its just sad that a lot of males who were, exhibit a lot of the same feelings & issues as anyone who has suffered a sex crime or sexual violation.

If one boy grows up to feel this way, it should say something about the practices as a whole, considering doctors vow to do no harm.

*sorry to go off topic*

I never really discussed it with my mom, but when my brother was born 13 years later i threw a fit when she said she was considering it....

I remember her recovering in the hospital & me at her bedside...
i said "WHY!?" she said she didn't really know & he is safely intact now and some how that sort of makes me feel better about my own circ.

...i do hope he thanks me one day though:p

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Does anyone notice the rash of "unhappy" circed newbies around here? Something seems suspicious. We all know that multiple accounts is grounds for banning, right?
yes, it could never be that plenty of men are genuinely unhappy and that seeing others admit to it gives them courage to speak out :rolleyes:

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never really discussed it with my mom, but when my brother was born 13 years later i threw a fit when she said she was considering it....

I remember her recovering in the hospital & me at her bedside...
i said "WHY!?" she said she didn't really know & he is safely intact now and some how that sort of makes me feel better about my own circ.

...i do hope he thanks me one day though:p

That was great of you to save him from being circumcised.
Do you have any idea what prompted you to object?

I know I didn't even know I was circumcised until probably late junior high. I think thats what makes me the most upset that my parents along with many other just do this to their baby boys and then never even tell them about it.

I bet there are lots of guys out there who have no idea that anything was ever done to them.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can take a look on the net for yourself Simcha, there are an increasing number of men who are declaring they're angry they were circumcised or they would have prefer to have been given the choice, when it was seen as the norm there wasn't much point in shouting out about it was there?

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Im kind of getting tired of this talk about removing foreskins like waking up with a kidney missing when you went in for something else. Listen, i dont have foreskin but hell most of you cant complain its ruined your sex life and you cant orgasm. It's not the reason for most of your problems in your adult life. Don't bitch at your parents because they werent educated on it. No one mentioned up the alternatives to them. Jeez, its like the women who go in to Planned Parenthood and are only brought up abortion if they are scared about being pregnant. The doctors just asked your mom and dad if they are going to circ you and they said yes like 99% of all the other people in the US born at your time.

The fact you are willing to hold such a huge grudge about it says a lot about how you cope with things. I dont care how much feelings people say foreskin has, every man i've seen be able to get an erection orgasms easier than most women i know.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
If you are an adult, your parents are likely not still having children to circumsize. I think bringing it up to your peers and making the choice to not circ your own children is the way to bring about a shift in the trend.

I think there are a lot of uncirc'd men who probably get circ'd later in life or resent feeling different and want to hold their parents responsible for all their rage too.