How to tell if a guy is gay

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Carl_Colossal, Jun 16, 2011.

1. D_Carl_Colossal

D_Carl_Colossal New Member

So if you're like me, you have no fucking idea how to distinguish between guys that are 'straight' and guys that are 'gay' :frown1: (well, besides the blatantly obvious, of course...) Therefore I need help.

To avoid a case of "barking up the wrong tree" :biggrin1:, what are some signs that I should look for to give me an idea of who likes what? Also, are there any cool flirting moves that you all like to use?

2. MrToolhung

Gold Member

You will know when a dude is interested in you by his body language and where his eyes are looking. If he looks you up and down and does a dead stare at your package then he is probably gay or bi at the very least.

If a guy is flirting with you he is probably going to smile a bit more then usual and try to make some small talk with you. They usually drop clues themselves that they are gay by making references to where they like to party and what they like to do on the weekend.

You could always get a very aggressive type dude who will grab himself while looking at you in public. That happened to me once in a grocery store and he left the same time as me and stopped me on the way out...that led to us having some fun later that evening. :wink:

Hopefully that helps some...I am not into the dating scene or looking for anyone because I have my man. Really rusty at it!

3. B_jeepguy2

B_jeepguy2 New Member

A rainbow sticker or one of those HRC equal sign stickers on the back window of his car. Seriously unless he chooses to let you know you won't know.

4. D_Carl_Colossal

D_Carl_Colossal New Member

That helps a lot! :biggrin1: Thanks for the info!!
    & lucky you!! :tongue: haha

Oh and true, Jeepguy :frown1:

5. AlphaMale

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If he acts really really really straight and macho all the time - he's gay! :biggrin1:

You know, the type that's always acting like it's a big deal to be around a lot of guys at once if there are none or very few women around. The type that's constantly asking about women, bringing them up randomly, or trying to say how hot some girl is when that's not even the topic of conversation. The type that wants so bad to not be like "the bad gay people". Him. He's really gay. Really gay. :wink:

#5 AlphaMale, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  6. unzipped

Gold Member

Albums:
    pats you on the back or butt... stares at your crotch a lot, then averts eyes when busted.. compliments you a lot... invites you over to "have a drink" just the two of you.... tells you how big his dick is all the time...

7. jpk338

jpk338 Well-Known Member

if he has your penis in his mouth /ass ,
    there is a good chance that he is a homosexual
    :biggrin1:

8. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    you could always ask...TACTFULLY. OR... mention things/events going on in the gay community and see how he responds to them. I think asking is the best route.

9. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I've always put it like this: when a gay (or bi) man looks at you, he'll look into your eyes. A totally straight man's look will stop about six inches before your face and dissolve. He doesn't necessarily look away, but it just stops there. Think about it.

10. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    How to tell if a guy is gay: Ask him.

11. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

Don't be facile.

There's not always the opportunity, that's not always an option, and, frankly, just like with a woman, that's not always a cool move.

Just sayin', Mr. 100% straight. There's things you do and things you don't do when you're interested.

#11 B_Nick8, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  12. luka82

Gold Member

I always grab by the dick!
    They either beat the shit out of your, or they stuck their tongue deep into your mouth!:biggrin1:

13. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

Apparently you live dangerously, have no sensitivity, and don't care about having boxer's nose. See above.

14. luka82

Gold Member

Yes!
    Well, not all of us can live in glass houses! :wink:

15. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

I don't often give people reason to want to beat the shit out of me. Not deliberately.

And certainly not by grabbing their dicks, little love-bunny.

#15 B_Nick8, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  16. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    I always take the direct route. Hit or miss it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more simple.

17. atlmybell

atlmybell Member

Albums:
    I think it's hard to tell straightaway. (Pardon the pun) But I've been in contact with many seemingly straight guys who I feel could possibly mess around with another guy. For instance, one of my former barbers is a very sexy guy, works out all the time, has a hot body, and i think he would "flirt" just to continue business with me and get tips. He was always showing me pics of women that he had "been with" and talking about his sexual encounters. Now he would flirt with me buy sensuosly and gently rubbing my face while cutting my hair, comment on my cologne and how good it smelled, and even play wrestle with me in the shop. He cut my hair for about 5 years, so I have countless accounts. I won't bore you with all of them, but hopefully you get the idea. Then there are two men at my job that constantly do too much. I don't know if it's a male bonding thing, or what, but one is like in his mid 40s, nice muscular body, and has plenty of kids and grand kids and has a girlfriend. He's always rubbing my stomach, hips, and back in an attempt to make me try to "play fight" with him and tell him to stop. If I was straight, I would not do these types of things with some man that I thougt was/could be gay. So in short, I think it's very hard to tell if a man will mess around with another man. But what's probably more important is figuring out if a/that man will mess around with YOU. I think men are very relational. For instance, I never witnessed my former barber flirting with his obliviously gay clients or other clients for that matter, and the guy at my job dosen't flirt with another guy at my job that is clearly gay. I think men, straight or gay, kind of KNOW when another man is attractive and that might spark curiousity in them. But it's been my experience that it takes time, and some time of inebriation, to coax them to a place to let their guard down. (Hope this added some insight)

18. D_Poppy_Cocque

D_Poppy_Cocque New Member

A man I dated for a while could just tell. I don't know how, but he referred to it as a "red dot" on a gay man's forehead. I couldn't understand this ability, but he said he picked me out without even talking to me. IDK, maybe some of us just have that ability... I certainly don't. And, BTW, he came up and started gay smalltalk with me...

19. italian4all

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That may be true (not always though) about Americans. Italians for instance always look in the eyes, no matter what's their sexuality. And Europeans in general have much more eye contact than Americans.

20. D_Ray_Jing_Hardon

D_Ray_Jing_Hardon Account Disabled

Agreed!

Draft saved Draft deleted