How to tell if someone is cruising/flirting with you in a gym/sauna

Tommypa94303

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Many of us have the same schedules, hit the gym at the same time each day and get to know that others are in a same schedule. That’s how I’ve been in this same situation.

I’d go about 330-430 week days to work out and then hit the locker room for a sauna and shower. I noticed they same guy married late 40s on the treadmill same time as me. And realized he’d be in the sauna at the same time. For awhile it was a nod and a “have a good day” as ine of us leave to shower.
my gym has 5 open shower heads and 5 stalls with curtains. I usually take the open showers since the curtains are nasty. He left the sauna first and took a stall. I left and took an open head, lathered and then turned with the shower on my back facing out, Eyes closed. When I opened them he was standing out his stall drying off, first time I saw him nude. He’s decently hung and uncut. It looked like he plumped up a bit as I turned the water off and dried off. This happened a few times.
One day I was on the treadmill at the end of my gym time. I noticed he came in and jumped in the tread mill. I ran another ten min and then left to his the locker room subtly looking at him. Pretty sure he was following me looking at me thru the mirrors.
I got to the locker room undresses rinsed under the shower and sat in the sauna. It was just me. A few min later I saw him enter the shower area naked rinse off and enter the sauna. I was sitting in the bottom bench in the middle. He came in naked dried a bit, laid his towel out on the top bench next to me. At this point I’m thinking “ok he’s sending a vibe” bc he could have sat any where. This time too he sat on the towel vs having it. Wrapped around his waist like most of us do in this sauna.
I leaned back, with my arms on the top bench, stretched out and my towel opened a bit and peeled out the corner of my eye. Here I was two feet from his cock. My heart was racing. He spread his legs a bit knees closer to me. I could see how his head was stretching the foreskin.
I shifted and moved my arm and “accidentally” bumped his knee. Said sorry. Put my left hand on the bench near me and so close to his foot. Suddenly I got the nerve to “accidentally” bump his foot to see what he would do tho didn’t say sorry. He shifted a bit then moved his foot closer to me, so I touched his foot sensually. He was erect by now. I was sporting a semi and really hot and needed to cool off physically and sexually.
I took open shower head #1. He came out and took shower head #2, when the “bro code” says you’re supposed to leave an open one unless it’s a full locker room. We both lathered and discreetly showed off and watched. Suddenly there were others in the locker room so we had to end our fun.
however we did this a few other time. One of the last times he reached over in the shower to grab my butt and I smiled and looked over and grabbed his dick, pulling the skin. We both were kinda nervous. I lagged around getting dressed and followed him out. As we were in the lot I said to him that I enjoy our fun. He smiled and said he did too. He quickly said he was married and I said I was too. And then said it’s too bad we couldn’t go somewhere since he lives an hour away but goes to the gym after work. I laughed and said that’s how it is for us married guys. Told him I really like his uncut cock and he complimented mine, saying it’s really thick and he’s like to do more. That convo was the most important we had ever spoken after all the cat n mouse in the locker room.
Similar experience with another guy which I’ll write later.

throbb

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Many of us have the same schedules, hit the gym at the same time each day and get to know that others are in a same schedule. That’s how I’ve been in this same situation.

I’d go about 330-430 week days to work out and then hit the locker room for a sauna and shower. I noticed they same guy married late 40s on the treadmill same time as me. And realized he’d be in the sauna at the same time. For awhile it was a nod and a “have a good day” as ine of us leave to shower.
my gym has 5 open shower heads and 5 stalls with curtains. I usually take the open showers since the curtains are nasty. He left the sauna first and took a stall. I left and took an open head, lathered and then turned with the shower on my back facing out, Eyes closed. When I opened them he was standing out his stall drying off, first time I saw him nude. He’s decently hung and uncut. It looked like he plumped up a bit as I turned the water off and dried off. This happened a few times.
One day I was on the treadmill at the end of my gym time. I noticed he came in and jumped in the tread mill. I ran another ten min and then left to his the locker room subtly looking at him. Pretty sure he was following me looking at me thru the mirrors.
I got to the locker room undresses rinsed under the shower and sat in the sauna. It was just me. A few min later I saw him enter the shower area naked rinse off and enter the sauna. I was sitting in the bottom bench in the middle. He came in naked dried a bit, laid his towel out on the top bench next to me. At this point I’m thinking “ok he’s sending a vibe” bc he could have sat any where. This time too he sat on the towel vs having it. Wrapped around his waist like most of us do in this sauna.
I leaned back, with my arms on the top bench, stretched out and my towel opened a bit and peeled out the corner of my eye. Here I was two feet from his cock. My heart was racing. He spread his legs a bit knees closer to me. I could see how his head was stretching the foreskin.
I shifted and moved my arm and “accidentally” bumped his knee. Said sorry. Put my left hand on the bench near me and so close to his foot. Suddenly I got the nerve to “accidentally” bump his foot to see what he would do tho didn’t say sorry. He shifted a bit then moved his foot closer to me, so I touched his foot sensually. He was erect by now. I was sporting a semi and really hot and needed to cool off physically and sexually.
I took open shower head #1. He came out and took shower head #2, when the “bro code” says you’re supposed to leave an open one unless it’s a full locker room. We both lathered and discreetly showed off and watched. Suddenly there were others in the locker room so we had to end our fun.
however we did this a few other time. One of the last times he reached over in the shower to grab my butt and I smiled and looked over and grabbed his dick, pulling the skin. We both were kinda nervous. I lagged around getting dressed and followed him out. As we were in the lot I said to him that I enjoy our fun. He smiled and said he did too. He quickly said he was married and I said I was too. And then said it’s too bad we couldn’t go somewhere since he lives an hour away but goes to the gym after work. I laughed and said that’s how it is for us married guys. Told him I really like his uncut cock and he complimented mine, saying it’s really thick and he’s like to do more. That convo was the most important we had ever spoken after all the cat n mouse in the locker room.
Similar experience with another guy which I’ll write later.
Love this.
Positioning in the sauna on the upper bench with a cock at eye level and letting it be seen is a favorite of mine. This elicited a "thanks for the view" as I was leaving once, which was pretty unambiguous.
I love that you touched him twice accidentally in this pose. You would be very fun to flirt with in the locker room!
as a married guy, just saying the curtains may be nasty but there is some privacy there.
I think you could offer to soap things up, and from the looks of you your tip just might graze him as you were doing this.
I would love it if you bring a camera with your add pop bag and snap a few...

AHandfull

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah the package adjustment underneath the towel thing oftentimes gets a pretty quick response. If he does the same then you're pretty much in. But after many years of working out in the gym and hanging out in the sauna, there is a "lingering thing" that becomes evident on both sides absent any other hints.....and if you have both cooled off two or three times under a shower head and are still sitting there together.....I'd say drop your towel.

As a married man I have always been fairly nervous in that moment yet bold as I like the eyeballs admittedly. I owe it to be safe for my wife so I am generally a stroker and not a toucher but that is just as thrilling to me to have an audience.

The tension of that moment with a stranger is absolutely delicious. When I lived in New York City and there were a number of interested or too obvious men in the sauna, the thrill is not quite the same as the danger and the taboo doesn't hang in the air.....

JoeRoscoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I go to a suburban gym, LA Fitness, nothing particularly gay about the setting or area, and almost literally every time I've been in the showers, someone is in there looking to cruise and put on or see a show. I'm not sure I can really "explain" cruising or "how you know" other than you develop a spidey-sense about these things, and also look for any deviation from the norm of what constitutes actual straight-guy, get-in-and-out, "bro code" or whatever behavior.

By the same token, you can't will a cruise into existence. By which I mean if he isn't looking back at you through the gap in the shower curtain or is giving you a sour, WTF expression, let it go. That gap between the curtain and the side may be unintentional. If he's interested, you'll almost always know pretty quickly, even if there are nerves and hesitation involved on his part. Nothing's worse than being thought of as a troll who can't get the hint, and sometimes even those looking won't be into you for whatever reason. Move on. Worst case scenario it's a straight guy who gets the management involved.

It also helps that the ratio of truly uninterested straight guys who use the showers goes down, esp in the pandemic. Some do, of course, but the ratio of uninterested guys who shower at home is really high. So you already have a much greater chance of interest by simple virtue of someone actually being in the showers than you would from a random selection of who's on the gym floor.

Also doesn't hurt to go on Grindr etc before entering the gym to see who's within feet and at the gym. Have done shower shows after first confirming details of what people are wearing via Grindr.

Guy posting about the Italian DILF: 100% he's interested. You may have to make the first move though. Recommend you sit next to each other in the sauna, as that can be an easier way to start touching by "accidentally" brushing knees etc.

Don't mean this to all be overly obvious, but it seemed there were some questions about how people know etc. Have had some really hot times, and for me at least, most of the fun in a space like that is in the excitement of the chase and the "who will it be next" anticipation. Usually doesn't lead to full-blown sex right there nor to orgasm, though that's happened too.

D

deleted13968461

For all the quick and furtive shower shows and no-touching frustrations, sometimes this can happen too:

Of course it depends on the type of gym how open this could be. One of my favorite gym-cruising vids though. So hot.
Wow that video is hot. I wish I had the assuredness to be that forward with my shower dilf.

Reactions: JoeRoscoe
D

deleted13968461

I go to a suburban gym, LA Fitness, nothing particularly gay about the setting or area, and almost literally every time I've been in the showers, someone is in there looking to cruise and put on or see a show. I'm not sure I can really "explain" cruising or "how you know" other than you develop a spidey-sense about these things, and also look for any deviation from the norm of what constitutes actual straight-guy, get-in-and-out, "bro code" or whatever behavior.

By the same token, you can't will a cruise into existence. By which I mean if he isn't looking back at you through the gap in the shower curtain or is giving you a sour, WTF expression, let it go. That gap between the curtain and the side may be unintentional. If he's interested, you'll almost always know pretty quickly, even if there are nerves and hesitation involved on his part. Nothing's worse than being thought of as a troll who can't get the hint, and sometimes even those looking won't be into you for whatever reason. Move on. Worst case scenario it's a straight guy who gets the management involved.

It also helps that the ratio of truly uninterested straight guys who use the showers goes down, esp in the pandemic. Some do, of course, but the ratio of uninterested guys who shower at home is really high. So you already have a much greater chance of interest by simple virtue of someone actually being in the showers than you would from a random selection of who's on the gym floor.

Also doesn't hurt to go on Grindr etc before entering the gym to see who's within feet and at the gym. Have done shower shows after first confirming details of what people are wearing via Grindr.

Guy posting about the Italian DILF: 100% he's interested. You may have to make the first move though. Recommend you sit next to each other in the sauna, as that can be an easier way to start touching by "accidentally" brushing knees etc.

Don't mean this to all be overly obvious, but it seemed there were some questions about how people know etc. Have had some really hot times, and for me at least, most of the fun in a space like that is in the excitement of the chase and the "who will it be next" anticipation. Usually doesn't lead to full-blown sex right there nor to orgasm, though that's happened too.
Thanks for all the words of wisdom! All of this makes total sense and as you start to cruise more you really do pick up on the signs from others cruising you.

The gym I’m talking about in my dilf shower story is also an LA Fitness so you can probably picture the shower set up. Knowing he does two a days, I went a second time yesterday to scope out how the afternoon is with him and it was good because the usual morning cruisers that get in our way sometimes weren’t there, but there were a handful of other cruisers too during that time. Apparently I picked a good LA location! But my sights are still only on this guy. I wake up thinking about him and what could possibly happen each day.

JoeRoscoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for all the words of wisdom! All of this makes total sense and as you start to cruise more you really do pick up on the signs from others cruising you.

The gym I’m talking about in my dilf shower story is also an LA Fitness so you can probably picture the shower set up. Knowing he does two a days, I went a second time yesterday to scope out how the afternoon is with him and it was good because the usual morning cruisers that get in our way sometimes weren’t there, but there were a handful of other cruisers too during that time. Apparently I picked a good LA location! But my sights are still only on this guy. I wake up thinking about him and what could possibly happen each day.
How do you imagine the next step going? An issue with gym cruising is the lack of space and privacy for really doing most stuff beyond giving each other a shower show. (The video I posted notwithstanding!) Sometimes you have to ask to do something out of the gym, as flimsy as the excuse might be. "Hey, want to see my car?"

I suppose in both of your cases, going back fo your homes is out of the question. Or maybe you'd be satisfied with a shower show for now.

D

deleted13968461

@JoeRoscoe

I’m not really sure what to do next. We’re getting closer and closer every day, and we even do stuff like shaving our cocks and balls in the showers so each other can see there’s obvious staring and sexual tension, but for me, that’s hot in its own right. I’d love to actually touch his cock at some point but I really don’t think it’ll ever happen in the gym setting like you said.

While we were standing naked talking to each other right out of the showers he told me he’d like to train me if I was down so maybe we could meet outside of the gym and “formulate a training plan” or something? Just a thought but I’m not sure if I’d ever be confident enough to propose that

JoeRoscoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow, that sounds hot! Yeah, sounds like he's looking for an excuse to meet more privately. I like your idea about asking him if he wants to meet outside the gym to formulate a training plan. It can be a flimsy excuse like that, and if he seems hesitant (I highly doubt he will), you have an easy out because you haven't actually proposed anything sexual. You could just say, "No problem. You can just train me in the gym" or whatever. It's all pretext about meeting to hook up, so it doesn't really matter what you say, if you're both down for it.

Sherwood D. Likelym

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

How To Tell If Someone Is Cruising/Flirting With You In A Gym/Sauna​

I'm not sure that I "follow" the gist of this thread. Are we hoping to develop a physical relationship?, or attempting to appreciate the flattery of being flirted/cruised? Lot's of the commentary seems like we are the party doing the cruising.

Tommypa94303

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Another instance at the gym…. My schedule changed a bit and I ended up going after 6:30-7:30 or later and didn’t see that one dude any more . I suppose he changed schedules too. But I did notice the same guy usually on thursdays and fridays at the same time. He’d be on the treadmill at the same time I was and we’d finish around the same time.
I noticed him going in one of the shower stalls for quite a long time. From my view sitting in the sauna he’d come out with a decent fluffed up dick and wrap his towel then enter the sauna to dry off.

He’s mid 40s with white hair, very dark blonde hairy chest and bushy pubes. Great body too about 5-10. He mostly dried off in the warm sauna then left to dress.
One evening, I hopped in the shower, one of the open stalls to rinse off before the sauna. I had planned to have a 30 min sauna. I heard one of the curtained stalls on and could tell he was in there. I went in the sauna and sat on the short bench. A few minutes later he came in and sat in the long bench, top shelf leaning against the wall. His towel was wrapped around his waist. His right leg was on the lower step and then he bent his left knee fully exposing his crotch. He shifted and adjusted his towel a bit several times.
I got up to cool off. Suddenly he did too and took an open showe head next to me. I could see he was aroused and rinsing and sneaking a peek at me as I was peeking at him too.
I went back in the sauna, sat on the king bench close to where his feet were before. He came in, towel wrapped, but then un did the towel to dry off standing right in front of me. He laid his towel on the top bench and sat naked legs apart. He was bold and adjusted his penis a few times and I think that when he saw me looking it made him hard. I opened my towel and leaned back to give him a full view. He began to play with his balls and I could see how hairy they were.
I looked at him in the eyes and smiled and nodded my head. I said “it’s cool. Go for it if you need to”. He nodded and said watch the door. I pulled my hard dick a bit and he just went to town shooting a load in his chest.
I gave him a minute then went to shower. He went to his stall closed the curtain and showered.
I saw him many times after. Sometimes I would noticed him jacking off behind his curtain. Other times he would be all about just showering. Another time he sat right next to me as the sauna was full. His hand touched mine causally as did his leg. When it was just us two alone I rubbed his leg and then grabbed his dick. It was bold and risky but it turned us on big time. His dick felt great hard n thick. He came so fast. I bolted as soon as he came and took a shower. Faced the wall the whole time and jerked my soapy cock shot a load myself.
he is a doctor as ge threw on scrubs a couple of times, commando. I guess married doctors have a lot of stress and need a good work out and sauna!!

AfterHours69

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View

How To Tell If Someone Is Cruising/Flirting With You In A Gym/Sauna​

I'm not sure that I "follow" the gist of this thread. Are we hoping to develop a physical relationship?, or attempting to appreciate the flattery of being flirted/cruised? Lot's of the commentary seems like we are the party doing the cruising.
Because it’s a back-and-forth, give/take situation. If you suspect you’re being cruised but are unsure, you put it out there a little and see if it heats up or not. If not, then you probably have your answer.