How to tell if someone is cruising/flirting with you in a gym/sauna

masqlnbtm

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Met this guy at the gym and we had friendly conversation in passing, and that was that. Thought nothing of it.

After my workout I headed to the sauna, and found this guy in there naked with a towel wrapped around his waist. We were the only 2 guys in there for a while and chatted the entire time. He seemed straight, but was very very talkative and did not stop speaking or looking at me.

When i got up to leave, he told me he would leave too and we should take cold showers and then go back in. I got excited and foresaw something happening so said yes with a smile.

We showered separately and as soon as i turned mine off, he followed suit and left his stall, ans then walked over to mine and waited for me to exit so we could walk back to the sauna together.

We repeated this 3 more time over the course of 45 mins, just talking the whole time and taking cold shower breaks - when 1 would get up to leave, the other would follow. He would keep eye contact with me while talking, and periodically would fix his towel by his crotch.

He said he was probably gunna stay for another 20 mins but I was overheated and said i was heading out for good.

When i left he followed, and showered in the stall next to me. And when i exited my stall he was standing by mine waiting, and then followed me to my locker still talking to me the entire time. he then sat down infront of me as i dried off and got dressed, talking to me as i stripped naked infront of him and he was in his towel and looked a little fluffed up. He saw my cock and everything.

He sat and talked with me until i had my jacket on and was leaving, and then we said our goodbyes and he went back into the sauna.

I thought maybe i was just overthinking his kindness, but then he did this exact same ritual the next 2 times we were at the gym together.

Does it sound like he is maybe interested but doesn’t want to make the first move? Or am I just over analyzing a nice straight dude who isnt afraid to start a convo in the sauna lol?
I wouldn't jump into conclusions so fast.
I have (had) the same situations over and over. Some guys are extremely friendly and that makes me confused too. Recently a hot guy was looking at me constantly, started a conversation, went to the sauna, and kept saying how good I looked.
That happened 2 times. The 3rd time I told him I could give him my number so we could hang out.
He looked at me like telling me: I'm not gay and said he doesn't have a lot of free time and refused.
Now we are still "friends" but again, go slow, some guys are just extremely friendly or if you are muscular they admire you in a different way.
I've realized every time I see a big guy at the gym we always make eye contact and say hi.
Go slow, and make sure he's looking for something more than friendship

masqlnbtm

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
If a guy is leaving his curtain open while taking a shower, touching his dick in the sauna or exposing himself those are real signs of cruising.
But if somebody is engaging in conversation or being extremely friendly that might not necessarily be cruising.

JoeRoscoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If a guy is leaving his curtain open while taking a shower, touching his dick in the sauna or exposing himself those are real signs of cruising.
But if somebody is engaging in conversation or being extremely friendly that might not necessarily be cruising.
Absolutely agreed. Some gym-going truly straight guys do have a certain.... aggressive extroversion in gyms. Some of them love to make random LOUD conversations in locker rooms with strangers. I would reserve deciding on cruising signals until you can see their reaction to eye contact, curtain opening, towel opening -- all the stuff that goes on in the shower and sauna area that is beyond the random conversations that some straight guys make. If someone's interested, it's usually going to be more subtle than "HOT ENOUGH IN HERE HUH"-style talk. It's really a "you know it when you see it" thing -- it's hard to explain in writing, I think.

AllDixNeedLuv69

Superior Member
Media
Huntington (West Virginia, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i have had sex in saunas several times over the years--it takes time and a good routine to get the other guy or guys to let them know what you wanting to do--90 percent of the time is you need to rub the towel near your crotch as they are looking at you--this is kind of what has become the obvious way to get guys interested---

i did that one time and the guy saw me--and he returns with opening his towel letting me see his half hard cock-- and lays the towel back down--

the saunas that were at this place can let up to 8 guys in them at a time and doors locked to let people that wanted to be in the saunas alone --he gets up locks the door and as he walked toward me took off his towel and got in front of me and i wasted no time taking his dick in my mouth--we sucked each other and he wanted me to finish sucking him off i was like dont you want to fuck me he said he had only sucked dick and got sucked-- --i got into a pouch i had with me got lube out and said wanna fuck me he gets up and was like hell yeah

he fucks me and cums inside me-- and then he sucked me off--- when done we rested and he said he never fucked anyone in here--i said its hotter than hell in here already but to feel a guy inside me--- hearing his breathing where he is hot from the sauna and sex---he was likeit did feel good--

we talked for about 20 minutes---he told me he hadnt been with a man in a while since his breakup with his bf over year ago-- i told him his loss as he seemed like a nice guy

as we left he gave me his number and says maybe we can get together and do more i said definitely would call him
i did call him the next day just to see how he is and we arranged to meet at my place friday night order a pizza and hang out-- we got the pizza but didnt eat it until later that night--if know what i mean

Latin Hairy Bear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Man, this is one of the hottest threads on this site; I’ve read it a couple of times and I always get hard. I’ve had my share of steam room and sauna experiences too. Adjusting gently and subtly your towel is always a good way to test the waters. One the hottest moments I’ve had sexually was at the steam room at the Gym in NYC when all of us inside where jerking off, moaning, not talking, looking at each other, and orgasming loudly. It was pure testosterone, pure sex drive, all men abandoned to our desires, shamelessly, and anonymously. Hope more people share here their happy endings!