How to tell if you have been blocked by a user on Tumblr?

benson19

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi all.
Hope im posting in the right section of the forum for starters haha.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows for sure if there is a way to tell if another user has blocked you on Tumblr?

The other week i got a random private msg on Tumblr by a user i have never spoken to before. They just said "love your tumblr etc' which i replied the following day back with' Thank you so much' etc.
The next day i went to send a msg to just ask what did you like about my tumblr but i noticed i could not type in the message box any longer and now when i click on their name to view their Tumblr it says 'nothing is posted here at the moment'.

I was curious to know do you guys think ive been blocked or have they deleted their account maybe?
I honestly have no clue and i dont understand why someone would msg me to say a hello and a like and then block me for no reason....if that is the case.

Thanks in advance.

D

deleted7507891

I think that the only way to be 100% sure is trying to visit this profile with another Tumblr account. If it is visible then you have actually been blocked.

benson19

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that the only way to be 100% sure is trying to visit this profile with another Tumblr account. If it is visible then you have actually been blocked.
Thank you.
Actually just tried it.
Opened up Google Chrome which i dont have my Tumblr log in saved and i could view their tumblr and send a msg to them as well.

I honestly can not understand why they would originally msg me and say hi how are you doing and then when i replied back. Im doing well thanks how are you they block me?

Perhaps by accident??? as i can not think of a another reason why.

Thanks for the reply.

D

deleted7507891

Thank you.
Actually just tried it.
Opened up Google Chrome which i dont have my Tumblr log in saved and i could view their tumblr and send a msg to them as well.

I honestly can not understand why they would originally msg me and say hi how are you doing and then when i replied back. Im doing well thanks how are you they block me?

Perhaps by accident??? as i can not think of a another reason why.

Thanks for the reply.
Honestly I don't know. Years ago I used to have a Tumblr account and the same thing has happened to me as well, more than once.:emoji_zipper_mouth:

benson19

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Honestly I don't know. Years ago I used to have a Tumblr account and the same thing has happened to me as well, more than once.:emoji_zipper_mouth:
Maybe its just some people trying to scout info or something who knows?