How to tell someone is gay/bi

Bas

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi all.

Sometimes i wonder if a guy is just being nice or he is gay/bi.
Are there any ways or tips to see if somebody is?

Thanks all!

sweetnympho

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I can usually tell by smiling. Most gay/bi men will smile right back and a long smile, kind of a perverted smile.

Straight men, will more than likely smirk or just look away. I can usually tell very easily becus gay/bi men are not very subtle

cliftoncock

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Interesting question. Most gay/bi guys have an inbuilt 'gaydar'.

Almost impossible to describe how it works, it's just kinda 'there'. When you know, you know. I suppose it's all in the eyes, the way you (and they) move.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Interesting question. Most gay/bi guys have an inbuilt 'gaydar'.

Almost impossible to describe how it works, it's just kinda 'there'. When you know, you know. I suppose it's all in the eyes, the way you (and they) move.

Mine has always been broken :frown1:

JohnnyRoulette

Expert Member
Media
A friend of mine once said it's all in the eyes. If you look at someone in a room(without leering), and offer a smirk/grin, those who MEET your glance and don't waver, are likely gay/bi/interested in you.

People who are interested in fooling around, tend to be a bit more confident. Those not interested may meet your glance and then look away, look down.

I like the ask approach.

cliftoncock

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No, I think you just 'know' mostly. I've been wrong a couple of times but mostly I'm spot on.

It's just in the 'look'.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hi all.

Sometimes i wonder if a guy is just being nice or he is gay/bi.
Are there any ways or tips to see if somebody is?

Thanks all!
Yeah, when they tell you. Otherwise you don't know. Even if they are kissing a man it might just be a really close friendship. (and from what I read on this board, even if they are having sex it might just be an equipment test.)

There really are no definite ways of telling by looking or according to how their attitude is.

aqua-illusion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
One way I found which is more true than false...how many of his friends are women how many are men. (Straight men or mostly straight type). Most of the gay or bi guys I know are predominetly friends with females.

For myself. I find it hard to make friends with straight type males...usually not much in common. But girls yes. Lol

Petrolhead

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i don't think there really is a way, apart from hunches or secret hopes! you have a point Cliftoncock, I have a work colleague who is quiet but only ever talks about women he sees. i was totally shocked to see his profile on grindr with a full face pic. not as shy as I thought. What was odd was being so straight in public but so open online. i guess i suspected he was gay so Cliftoncock might be right after all.

great thread!

M

Mr Ed in Mass

You can tell by the gay/bi tattoo.I think it's some kind of law in the US.

dong-in-khakis

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
how many times have I wondered this! I believe what one poster said, it is in the eyes and you can see and feel gay/bi interest when it is really there, just like if it were a straight thing. Sexual interest and chemistry is undeniable and is as age old as can be.

Friendliness, rather a certain kind of friendliness, a particular smile or intent gaze can be very convincing. The many times I have "felt" what I have from men there is always one thing I think I see and feel. It is what I call a sexual warmth. As said, it is nothing more than sexual chemistry. When a guy gives you a warm smile and his eyes speak volumes, there's not much doubt. However in this type situation most are scared to death to reciprocate for fear of being found out, or if at work, getting in trouble.

Sometimes it drives me crazy not knowing for sure, but I believe many times I am right. Then sometimes I think I see what I want to see, rather make what I see gay interest. Almost every day I look at men around me and wonder how many of them are like me and have secret sexual interest in men.

Last edited:

martin60018

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
it's in the "look", but you guys are generalizing it. gaydar works in several ways
a.) for identification, no more, just if you are or not.
b.) for relationship, only gays know this look, few females know this "look"
c.) for sex, this is the one that str8 males can "feel" the odd feeling you get when you get stared up and down. know this, many times you are just a fantasy and not real game. get over yourself. it's like you staring at Angelina Jolie. never gonna happen and you know it. same for us, we know it's never gonna happen but nice to look and dream right?
d.) remember that you are not adonis and not every gay guys finds you attractive for sex or a relationship. even gays discriminate intensely.
we all have our "types" that we find attractive. just cause you got a dick does not mean we are interested in you. (think of you and,,,) fat chick, old chick, bitch chick, slut chick, ugly chick, same thing.

StuJr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I can usually tell by smiling. Most gay/bi men will smile right back and a long smile, kind of a perverted smile.

Straight men, will more than likely smirk or just look away. I can usually tell very easily becus gay/bi men are not very subtle

I'm still trying to figure out my perverted smile. I'm not sure i have it right.