How to Tell...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Ty_Le_Knott, Jun 5, 2011.

1. D_Ty_Le_Knott

D_Ty_Le_Knott Account Disabled

This may be a stupid question, but is there anyway to tell if someone is bi without asking them up front? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

2. buzzrider7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've tried, but have given up. I now just ask people up-front if I'm curious. I find that often heterosexual men tend to react pretty well to me asking "So are you slightly bisexual?" Unfortunatley, everybody I've ever asked this question to has answered no, although some have said that they wished they were but are not. Oh well.

3. jameshawket

jameshawket Member

Albums:
    In my opinion, it's hard to tell if someone is even gay or straight these days. There seems to be a lot of "role barrier breaking" going on these days, and it's impossible to know someone's sexuality unless you ask them upfront. I guess the best way to bring it up would be to say that you're attracted to them, and see what the reaction is. If they're straight, they'll probably tell you upfront to knock it off, if they're bi or gay, they'll play along. That's the best way IMO

4. Brick7

Brick7 Active Member

Albums:
    The dark conservative heart of Central California
    You might find it easier to be open about your own sexuality than to go around asking everyone if they're bi or not. By being open about it yourself, you may end up attracting other bi guys.

5. parchissi

Gold Member

I never ask that question - it just seems that guys who might be interested in talking to me just come up to me and chat - because I spend so much of my time on the beach - naked - alot of guys come along and start talking to me - if they are interested they usually just drop their shorts and lie down on a towel near by and we take it from there. From all my years of being a nudist I find that probably over 70% of guys who come to the nudist beach where I hang out are either gay, bi, or curious - unless they are being accompanied by their wife/gf etc. So, therefore, I find that you dont need to ask - it becomes evident pretty quickly!

6. D_Rufus_D_Dufus

D_Rufus_D_Dufus Account Disabled

It's hard to tell, sometimes people give/get the wrong signals. I just get them drunk and see what happens... I'm kidding.

7. erratic

Gold Member

What an excellent answer.

OP, it's not a stupid question, but the ways to know without asking are very few. If he self-discloses, you know. If someone else discloses it for him, you have reason to believe he is. If you see him getting buttfucked and sucking cock while he's fucking some pussy, you know (unless he's doing it for money, in which case you don't really know).

Regardless, I think Brick's advice on how to best find out is spot-on.

Draft saved Draft deleted