How to train your husband like a dog!

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by B_crackoff, Mar 11, 2010.

1. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

2. Drifterwood

Gold Member

3. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

4. Titsdude21

Titsdude21 Member

Albums:
    So pretty much....
    You are saying "dont be a bitch"

5. Drifterwood

Gold Member

There is an awful lot of ignorance and institutional denial as to the extent of partner abuse suffered by men.

I know you mean it to be humourous (I'm not so sure about the ridiculous DM), but the article is based on one sex learning to control the other. That is abuse. Perpetuating abuse and presenting it as some type of achievement, misses my humour radar.

Nothing personal.

6. nicenycdick

Gold Member

Albums:
    If you ask me, those are simply rules for rational behaviour...for women. In fact, that is the way I manage most of my personal relationships in my life. And I suspect that most women treat people other than their husbands that way. Hmmm...what is it about the intimate male/female relationship that causes that give-and-take to break down?

I wonder if I should give that to my wife to read...

7. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Yeah, I didn't comment because while the article was titled offensively, the suggestions seemed so obvious to me! Yes, nagging doesn't work, yes praise works better to encourage people, yes don't minimize improvements by suggesting they weren't good enough, etc.

While it's very offensive to compare men to dogs, the actual suggestions would work on anyone in any relationship, not just romantic.

8. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Oh if you only knew my name & my "backroom assistance" in such matters to advance certain rights for men! I am well aware of Mankind - he does a good job, & we can only pray that Harriet Harmallmen & her sexixt party doesn't return to power to pass her hatefilled laws. Minister for Equality - Hah!

However, if you read the article, it became clear that if a man wanted to have a better relationship with his lady, she would have to train herself to avoid behaviours too!

Now that's equality.

9. Drifterwood

Gold Member

:wink:

The fight back starts here :smile:

I am not completely humourless, I did read the article (I think the same person was on UK TV last year ??), and yes a lot of it is about having an easier life.

IME there is a fine line where controlling situations for a mutually better outcome, becomes control for one person's benefit. I also find it nauseatingly patronising. Maybe I should write on "How to train your bitch to suck your cock and thank you for it". :cool:

10. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I'm not disagreeing that the article is offensive! It's totally offensive to compare either women or men with dogs, but the suggestions are actually good ones, for dealing with all your relationships: romantic, business, friendship, or family.

11. B_quietguy

B_quietguy New Member

I found the article patronising and the whole premise offensive. It's not just the title that is offensive, but the premise as well.

The article has only a small amount of helpful advice and a large amount of "Yuck!" in its attitude.

12. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Gotta have a strap line to sell something!

13. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, I thought it was a good article. It was written to curtail the bad habits of women (nagging, fussing, etc.), NOT to curtain the bad habits of men.

Sheesh!

If more women followed the advice of this article, a lot of marriages would be happier.

14. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I understand the responses. It's still offensive to compare your husband to a dog that needs training even if the article was about how women should properly express themselves to their husbands.

Can you imagine if the sexes were reversed and there was an article about training your woman like a dog?

15. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Agreed. They'd be over :biggrin1:.

16. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

And to Drifterwood

I'd be fine. We're only offended because of the PC society. Soon we won't be allowed to joke at all. To join in this cultural Marxist claptrap is only to play their game, with the rules they set, until all liberty & free speech is gone baby!

I don't want to be some frightened automatom from a Chekhovian nightmare. As he said:

All of life and human relations have become so incomprehensibly complex that, when you think about it, it becomes terrifying and your heart stands still.

And also

Love, friendship and respect do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.

They set the agenda, create divisiveness in order to separate people in order to contrul us. There is no goodwill or logic in it. Russia had all this stuff under the communists, & everybody was trying to leave there, & no one wanted to go there.

No one has the right not to be offended. It's only through offence you can gain understanding of motivations, & recognise how you might offend others. Self regulation, not Institutional.

Free people should be able to trade insults, in the humourous form I still remember.

Only use their language back in order to mock deride & antagonise them, & to set an example for others ( & your own amusement).

Read 1984, Animal Farm, & Brave New World - they are literally a blueprint of what our western governments are doing to us - thought police, news speak, reliance on medication, endless phoney wars...

Freedom from these Totalitarian b*stards!

17. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Fine, but try to train me like a dog and I'll bite your arse and shit in your house..

There is one exception that I am willing to try, Mrs. N.P. Pavlov, could you make me come when you whistle?

18. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Your sense of humor is so... fetching, DW. :tongue:

19. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

If only all totalitarians were so sexually obliging!

Draft saved Draft deleted