How To Value Coins?

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've had this jar of coins for years on a shelf. I almost forgot about it. Lots of US and foreign coins. Now that the Euro is in play in some countries I have no idea if they're worth anything. I kinda wanna get rid of them. Anyone ever had some coins evaluated?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've had this jar of coins for years on a shelf. I almost forgot about it. Lots of US and foreign coins. Now that the Euro is in play in some countries I have no idea if they're worth anything. I kinda wanna get rid of them. Anyone ever had some coins evaluated?

Take them to either a coin shop or to your bank.

Look them up on the interwebs before deciding to do anything. Condition is a huge factor in coin value. Evaluate your coins fairly and you should have a good idea of what they're worth. Right now is a terrible time to sell them. The market is very low.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Unless the coins are at least 100 yrs old they are not going to be worth much more than their current value, coins out of commission for long time and rare are worth the most obviously

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't think American banks will exchange foreign coins for US currency. In fact I haven't come across a bank anywhere that will do foreign exchange for coins.

Your best bet is just to send them to me.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My SO deals with coins at a flea market. PM me a list of what you have and I'll be glad to give you an estimate. What one poster said about condition is very true and silver coins are worh more than "face" value.