How to view .wmv files

ikerny

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
.wmv = windows media video. The best player I have found is VLC which you can download for free. It plays EVERYTHING!!! I no longer use realplayer or windows media player or quicktime.

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
winamp is also a good application if you want to have something more sleek and streamlined.... (available at Winamp Media Player - MP3, Video, and Music Player - Winamp)

just be sure that whatever program you feel like using, set the player as default so the file doesn't try and open itself in another application that may not play .wmv files.... i love using winamp because you can totally tweak the skins, add on all kinds of visualizations and sound effects, and access a great library of internet streaming video and radio stations in the media guide.... you can sync all mp3 players with it, and there is a mobile app so you can sync your smartphone to your computer wirelessly.... i swear by it....

ikerny

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dumb question....can I use Window Media Player to play .wmv files?

Sorry, I thought that was understood from my post. I should have mentioned that specifically. Yes, 'Windows Media Player' is for 'windows media video'
files. .wmv files