How unbearable is it to be homosexual in a red state?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How can you live in a state with most of your fellow citizens would strip away your constitutional rights in a heartbeat and leave you for dead on a fence post?

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
How can you live in a state with most of your fellow citizens would strip away your constitutional rights in a heartbeat and leave you for dead on a fence post?

I imagine it's the same as you living in a blue state, or at least that's your party line.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
quite frankly I am disgusted with the majority of the voters in my state. Most are uneducated, and believe everything that church, their bibles, and their government tell them, so they in turn, vote Republican. Thankfully (in a sense) I happen to live in an area of Alabama that has historically been democrat led. In my area (North Alabama), we tend to be educated, hard working people, who think for ourselves and have learned to question what is handed to us. Mind you, there are still plenty of bass ackwards morons around here, but thankfully many of them don't vote.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Homophobic Neanderthals are well-known in both parties but answering your question … I have lived all over the country and this is not even worth thinking about since there is rarely a problem anywhere but I do have a problem with the 50+ million dead babies that were murdered before they even had a chance to be discriminated against with the liberals thinking wholesale abortion is a good idea.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've never gotten the whole "red state"/"blue state" that is a media creation. I've lived in primarily Democratic states but locally it was a heavy backwoods hick attitude most had. Locally the county was Republican (from what I can remember) so state sometimes doesn't matter as much as your immediate area.

I assume you're talking about Matt Shepherd with the fence post reference.

A few years ago I read in the newspaper that the biggest gay bar in Colorado Springs, Colorado, went to expand and didn't have a single objection to it. The Springs is where a bunch of dogmatic religious institutions are based. Focus on the Family, is one of them.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
NJ is a blue state, but we don't have much more than a few gay club/bars.

Florida is a battleground state and we have gay sex clubs, gay bathhouses and gay campgrounds.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Homophobic Neanderthals are well-known in both parties but answering your question … I have lived all over the country and this is not even worth thinking about since there is rarely a problem anywhere
but I do have a problem with the 50+ million dead babies that were murdered before they even had a chance to be discriminated against with the liberals thinking wholesale abortion is a good idea.
Hmmm, you aren't in posession of a uterus and since you aren't straight, one could surmise you will never have to make that decision. Therefore abortion is none of your damned business. :12:
I have often wondered that myself. :confused:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
quite frankly I am disgusted with the majority of the voters in my state. Most are uneducated, and believe everything that church, their bibles, and their government tell them, so they in turn, vote Republican. Thankfully (in a sense) I happen to live in an area of Alabama that has historically been democrat led. In my area (North Alabama), we tend to be educated, hard working people, who think for ourselves and have learned to question what is handed to us. Mind you, there are still plenty of bass ackwards morons around here, but thankfully many of them don't vote.

It's like that around the world.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Homophobic Neanderthals are well-known in both parties but answering your question … I have lived all over the country and this is not even worth thinking about since there is rarely a problem anywhere
Hmmm, you aren't in posession of a uterus and since you aren't straight, one could surmise you will never have to make that decision. Therefore abortion is none of your damned business.

A law that endorses the wholesale murder of innocents is my business = I don’t think mamas have a right to murder their children whether they deliver them first or not. :wink:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For the most part I've lived my whole life in either LA or NYC. The problem is not the state, but the state of mind of people who inhabit it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For the most part I've lived my whole life in either LA or NYC.
The problem is not the state, but the state of mind of people who inhabit it.
Very True!

A law that endorses the wholesale murder of innocents is my business = I don’t think mamas have a right to murder their children whether they deliver them first or not. :wink:
Unless you plan to take in all those unwanted babies it's none of your business. :eek:fftopic: This is off topic anyway.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've lived in georgia (red), Texas (RED!!!), Florida (battleground), and now California (blue). In Georgia, I lived in central Atlanta which was very gay yet morons would drive down my street and yell "Fag!" at people working in their yards. Austin is the only part of texas I consider to be habitable. The city has a nice atmosphere but the overall politics of the state are really disgusting. Coastal Florida and Orlando are fairly fun places to be gay if you can tune out the politcs. Rural northern California has little overt gay life but has been the most comfortable place for me. The only thing that could possibly get me to move east would be emergency family responsibilities.
Dave

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just thought about it I've never lived in a red State. My States in order are: Illinois, Maryland, Iowa, California. I've only been out in Illinois, Iowa, and California. I can't say it's been easy in these blue States always, actually. Not all blue States are tolerant everywhere.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Not very. New Mexico is a swing state that was red last election but will most likely be blue this election. I assure you nothing much is going to change after the election when we are a blue state again.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A quick look at a breakdown of the last two presidential elections by county instead of state reveal that it's not really the states that are red or blue. It's urban vs. rural. The closer you are to downtown of a big city, the bluer your neighborhood tends to be.

California has a reputation as being very blue, but it's really only the San Francisco Bay area and Los Angeles County that are strongly liberal. Much of the rest of the state is somewhat conservative. It is Reagan's state, after all. And California businessmen were some of the first to seriously encourage Dubya to run in 2000.

The line to thank us forms at the right. :tongue: