How was Everyones weekend

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I did like you.:redface::tongue:

No, I actually had quite a nice weekend. I didn't do anything terribly exciting but I did manage to have fun with my usual weekend activities of doing laundry, going to the store, and visiting with my family.:smile:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I did alright this weekend. I went to a car show, and rode up in the mountains afterwards. I said "the heck with gas prices", and drove my full size pickup.
I wanted to hear that V8 rumble!

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I met diamonddeb, which was great, but then I was captured by the Vietcong and forced into a labour camp. :mad: Good thing Colonel Braddock was there to save me.

:BoomSmilie_anim:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I met diamonddeb, which was great, but then I was captured by the Vietcong and forced into a labour camp. :mad: Good thing Colonel Braddock was there to save me.

:BoomSmilie_anim:

Meeting diamonddeb sounds like a REAL good weekend! I'm so jealous...

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I had a very good weekend, thanks. One of my sons, a son-in-law and one of my daughters helped with some much-needed housecleaning. Literally. One pressure washed the vinyl siding and cleaned the roof gutters, one mowed the lawn and replaced a couple of window shutters and the other shampooed the carpet, all while I entertained some of my grandkids with YouTube animations.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
do anything fun,you just lounge around.Or do like me and live on the computer most of the weekend :tongue:

I only discovered this site between two and three weeks ago, and it frightens me how much time I spend on it.

All in all, a relatively quiet, but nice weekend though. Looked at weight lifting benches for home yesterday; had lunch with my best friend today.

txnrude

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Spent saturday and most of today with my gf at her parents house. Dorked out a bit and read the new harry potter together in bed. Did other various things, you all can use your imaginations. Came home today and ran, after 12 miles I jumped in the pool. Then lounged around until John from Cincinnati and Entourage came on. was a great weekend.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
do anything fun,you just lounge around.Or do like me and live on the computer most of the weekend :tongue:
I ran a few errands, helped my mom move a book case from one end of the house to the other, spent a lot of time on LPSG and youtube.com, printed out some low sodium recipes. That's about it.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I drove to Orange County and hung out with a friend. We rode bikes around Dana Point and San Juan Capistrano. The hills were brutal! Had some great Mexican Food for lunch on Saturday. Back to the ol' grind tomorrow!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Decidedly average weekend here. Lots of driving to and from the local dump with buckets full of slate, rotten wood and bags of garden waste. Working. Insomnia. Making travel plans for next month was about the highlight.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

It being summer and all, and despite the showery weather, I allowed the wife to convince me (against my better judgement) to take the little one and her out "camping" this weekend. I reluctantly packed up the little pop-up trailer and we headed out into the outdoors.

Despite the fact that we'd be gone only 1 1/2 days, I soon found the wife had packed:

3 cartons of milk
an 8 packet of bagels
a full loaf of bread
8 bananas
two boxes of oatmeal packets
3 cubes of butter
a full jar of peanut butter
two jars of jam
a doze eggs
2 bags of fritos corn chips
a full bottle of ketchup
a package of bratwursts
several tins of tuna
an 8-pack of orange drinks (10% real orange juice)
several pans of jiffy-pop
two pacakages of beef jerky
etc (need I go on?)

She also packed wool socks, down coats, (this being July and all), wool hats and mittens in addition to thick sleeping bags. In the rush she seems to have forgotten the bathing trunks, sandals, t-shirts and shorts.

Ah, life in the state park "campground": A badly overcrowded enclave of massive recreational vehicles crammed side-by-side with each other, screaming kids wildassing around on bicycles, barking dogs, pot smoking sullen teenagers, harried rangers trying to keep order, retired couples (women with blue hair and flourescent white legs, grouchy old guys with pot bellies and cigars), rednecks rampaging on off-road-vehicles, long lines for the restrooms, did I mention the barking dogs?, the stench of burned hot-dogs and smoldering campfires, the aroma of the camp outhouses, trash and empty beer bottles adorning abandoned camp sites, etc. Get the picture?

It got better. The poor guy who was hired to dress up as Smokey the Bear and patrol the campground got ill and actually vomited inside the bear costume due to the buildup of heat and humidity. Indeed, it must have been hellishly hot under that thick, furry mask. Dog fights and canine snarling matches broke out as various families walked their pets past each other's campsites. Some of the dogs continued howling and barking into the night, well past the posted quiet hours.

"Quiet hours." Good luck tyring to sleep. Some campers continued playing "Risk" or "Scrabble" long into the night by the light of lanterns. Others dispensed with the board games and instead built roaring, flaming campfires and drank themselves senseless to the tunes of country music on their portable boom boxes. And to really add to the wilderness experience, various car alarms activated at sporadic intervals during the night, just to keep everyone not already asleep awake. At odd intervals I occasionally got wiffs of the ganja weed smoke drifting from a nearby campsite. Then a guy arrived in his gargantuan RV at 2:30 am and lit up the forest (and our tent trailer) while backing into his campsite.

Late, late that night the skies opened up and the rain came down in buckets, dousing the campfires and driving the inebriated rednecks into their Coleman tents where the partying continued unabated. Everything not covered got soaked, including the driver's seat of my truck because I had forgotten to close the window after dinner (the bratwurst and macaroni and cheese). By morning when the rain let up, everything (and I do mean everything) was sodden. The campground was a river of mud and floating pine needles but this didn't stop the campground kids from re-mounting their bicycles and continuing screaming and wildassing around the camp shortly after dawn.

I was groggy from lack of sleep, but not so groggy as to prevent me from finding that racoons had raided much of our food stash the wife had unwisely left accessible the previous evening. Sodden food scraps, packaging and racoon fur were everywhere, requiring a considerable clean up and disposal by yours truly.

By this time, enthusiasm for the good, clean outdoor life had dampened considerably and the wife grudgingly admitted she'd be happier back at home where it was at least dry. So, we forfeited the second night's campsite fee and bid adieu to the state park for home.

So, yah, I did go out and do some stuff this weekend.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had a great weekend, served with superb summer weather. On Friday, we met an old friend while helping my wife as she delivered her work to a new gallery and we got invited to a great al fresco meal with our friend's family. I spent part of Saturday with my daughter at a neighbourhood park's summer festival and beamed at her pure 3 year old glee in freeform dance as she gyrated and hopped like a pogo stick to the music. Today was a backyard BBQ at my cousin's which was primarily a fundraiser for their son's band — so we heard them play some 70s style dubb reggae and met some wonderful musicians and caught up with family members we love.

And finally, after a busy time — no work at all on the weekend. :tongue:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
See this is yet another reason why I don't camp. Bad neighbors, smells, bugs, and weather can really screw things up.

My idea of roughing it is to stay someplace that doesn't have 24 hour room service. :biggrin1:

When I was a little kid a neighbor offered to loan us their pop-up camper. My mom asked my dad where we would we eat. Dad said we would bring food with us and cook over an open fire. Mom said if I have to bring my kitchen with me, it's not a vacation. We never went camping. ROTFLMAO.:biggrin1:

My fave hotel amenity in the whole wide world is shoe service. :smile:

It being summer and all, and despite the showery weather, I allowed the wife to convince me (against my better judgement) to take the little one and her out "camping" this weekend. I reluctantly packed up the little pop-up trailer and we headed out into the outdoors.

Despite the fact that we'd be gone only 1 1/2 days, I soon found the wife had packed:

3 cartons of milk
an 8 packet of bagels
a full loaf of bread
8 bananas
two boxes of oatmeal packets
3 cubes of butter
a full jar of peanut butter
two jars of jam
a doze eggs
2 bags of fritos corn chips
a full bottle of ketchup
a package of bratwursts
several tins of tuna
an 8-pack of orange drinks (10% real orange juice)
several pans of jiffy-pop
two pacakages of beef jerky
etc (need I go on?)

She also packed wool socks, down coats, (this being July and all), wool hats and mittens in addition to thick sleeping bags. In the rush she seems to have forgotten the bathing trunks, sandals, t-shirts and shorts.

Ah, life in the state park "campground": A badly overcrowded enclave of massive recreational vehicles crammed side-by-side with each other, screaming kids wildassing around on bicycles, barking dogs, pot smoking sullen teenagers, harried rangers trying to keep order, retired couples (women with blue hair and flourescent white legs, grouchy old guys with pot bellies and cigars), rednecks rampaging on off-road-vehicles, long lines for the restrooms, did I mention the barking dogs?, the stench of burned hot-dogs and smoldering campfires, the aroma of the camp outhouses, trash and empty beer bottles adorning abandoned camp sites, etc. Get the picture?

It got better. The poor guy who was hired to dress up as Smokey the Bear and patrol the campground got ill and actually vomited inside the bear costume due to the buildup of heat and humidity. Indeed, it must have been hellishly hot under that thick, furry mask. Dog fights and canine snarling matches broke out as various families walked their pets past each other's campsites. Some of the dogs continued howling and barking into the night, well past the posted quiet hours.

"Quiet hours." Good luck tyring to sleep. Some campers continued playing "Risk" or "Scrabble" long into the night by the light of lanterns. Others dispensed with the board games and instead built roaring, flaming campfires and drank themselves senseless to the tunes of country music on their portable boom boxes. And to really add to the wilderness experience, various car alarms activated at sporadic intervals during the night, just to keep everyone not already asleep awake. At odd intervals I occasionally got wiffs of the ganja weed smoke drifting from a nearby campsite. Then a guy arrived in his gargantuan RV at 2:30 am and lit up the forest (and our tent trailer) while backing into his campsite.

Late, late that night the skies opened up and the rain came down in buckets, dousing the campfires and driving the inebriated rednecks into their Coleman tents where the partying continued unabated. Everything not covered got soaked, including the driver's seat of my truck because I had forgotten to close the window after dinner (the bratwurst and macaroni and cheese). By morning when the rain let up, everything (and I do mean everything) was sodden. The campground was a river of mud and floating pine needles but this didn't stop the campground kids from re-mounting their bicycles and continuing screaming and wildassing around the camp shortly after dawn.

I was groggy from lack of sleep, but not so groggy as to prevent me from finding that racoons had raided much of our food stash the wife had unwisely left accessible the previous evening. Sodden food scraps, packaging and racoon fur were everywhere, requiring a considerable clean up and disposal by yours truly.

By this time, enthusiasm for the good, clean outdoor life had dampened considerably and the wife grudgingly admitted she'd be happier back at home where it was at least dry. So, we forfeited the second night's campsite fee and bid adieu to the state park for home.

So, yah, I did go out and do some stuff this weekend.