How Was Your Last Flight on a Plane ???

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff: Jokes, Quizzes, Games & Pics' started by jakeatolla, Mar 3, 2008.

1. jakeatolla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Scary Landing.......Almost

2. Mr. Bungle

Gold Member

Albums:
    I saw that video earlier today, man.. ugh.. personally, I'm not one to be scared of flying, but the landing always kinda freaks me out.

3. Mandee

Gold Member

I love flying, but I hate airports.

4. Chick&2DicksUK

Chick&2DicksUK New Member

Dunno.

Slept the whole way.

5. D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead Account Disabled

My last flight had its ups and downs.

6. midlifebear

Gold Member

Ahhhh, that's all been Photoshopped! (not!) It's amazing the pilot recovered control after what looks like touching the tips of both wings against dirt/tarmac.

7. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

sucked. I hate transfering flights in New York. Stuck at LaGuardia and had to haul ass by bus to JFK airport to get landed in a different aiport in CA and then charged 200 bucks to switch my rental car to the other airport.

LaGuardia is an armpit -- worst place to be stranded at.

8. B_Demention

B_Demention New Member

I don't usually mind flying at all, but recently I was on a tiny plane from New York to Boston and while it's only a 50-minute or so flight, the thing went all over the place. We had turbulence out the ass so I had that lost-your-stomach feeling about fifty times. I was glad to get off that one.

9. D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead Account Disabled

I've been on flights like that from Portland to Seattle. I'd rather drive.

10. midlifebear

Gold Member

That is EXACTLY why I avoid US air carriers. Cashed in some otherwise useless skymiles with Delta last year for a round-trip from Buenos Aires to Barçelona. Started in BsAs and flew to Atlanta. From Atlanta ended up at La Guardia. My connecting flight to Spain, however, was at Kennedy. I chatted up some lost baggage personnel explaining that "I was just told by the Delta Information Desk" they would arrange a free bus ride to Kennedy (total lie). I must confess, they were kind enough to give me a fee coupon for the next Laguardia to Kennedy bus run. However, the bus driver made a big issue about how it was customary to leave him a 5 or 10 Dollar tip in his tip cup for doing his job. Fuck that shit! (And no, I don't kiss my mother with my mouth. She's dead!)

Not only is La Guardia a Hell hole but Kennedy's old Eastern Airlines terminal now run by Delta is the ONLY building I've been in where the inside vaulted windows are covered in bird shit. They have flocks of sparrows living there year round. Then there was the appetizing sight of watching brown rats nibble on food that had fallen from tables in the food court. The roaches were too many too count or assign names.

Then they changed the gate and departure time for my flight from NYC to Barçelona four times in three hours. The infrastructure of both of those airports are dangerous and unsafe. Even Ezeiza airport here in Argentina is better run (unless you're flying Aerolineas Argentina -- lots of baggage strikes with that outfit). And Ezeiza often -- as in most of the time -- doesn't have working RADAR! Still, they know how to safely land planes the old-fashioned way by constant radio monitoring.

My solution has been to avoid American air carriers whenever possible. Fortunately, I can cash in more Delta fly miles with Air France when I return home to Spain this spring. Just imagine: no getting nicked 5 bucks for a bad split of cheap wine or a cocktail? Food that is actually almost edible. Flight attendants who don't have chips on their shoulders because of union problems and let out their anger on the passengers just because they can.

British Air, Air France, LAN Chile, Quantas, Iberia, -- so far and in that order the best airlines for getting around from the USA/South America to Europe or Asia in my experience. And I swear the last time I returned to the USA via Delta and landed in SLC to take a connecting puddle jumper from SLC to Elko, Nevada on SkyWest, the Skywest pilot was 18 years-old! Yeah, that inspired a lot of confidence; clutching the arm rests of an "iffy" Brazilia Embraer prop jet overloaded with 22 people. Fun times. Fun times.
    :rant:

11. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

not related to the video in the OP, but answering the subject heading: my last flight was pretty nice. I was flying from Tokyo to Washington DC, coach, and a 12 or 14 hour flight. I was dreading it. But coach was sold out and I got bumped up to business class which was awesome.

12. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Saw this video on CNN's web page earlier today. Its dramatic.

From the crab angle evident during the approach to the gyrations after touchdown, I suspect the aircraft's rated crosswind component had been exceeded. Perhaps badly so.

13. Mandee

Gold Member

Wow, seriously? I thought they had to be 21 to even go to pilot training?!?! I have looked into being a flight attendant, and everything I have read says that flight attendants have to be 21 before even signing up for the training! That's completely not fair!!!

14. whatireallywant

Gold Member

A possible reason why flight attendants have to be 21 is that they serve alcoholic beverages to passengers. You have to be 21 to serve alcoholic beverages, as well as to drink in the US.

15. Mandee

Gold Member

Ahh yeah that makes sense.

16. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Very good. I wont click on the link:biggrin1:

17. BikerGirlnAtl

BikerGirlnAtl New Member

Wow... after watching that I can only imagine how worried the pax and crew members were! I flew the friendly skies for 9 months and I was very lucky to have only experienced mild turbulence and a few scarey take offs/landings.

18. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I don't think the wing tips actually touched the ground, but it sure looked like they might have. The right rear tires were dragged along the tarmac hence the tire smoke. I was impressed that the pilot turned the engines up full blast when the plane started going sideways even before the tires hit the pavement.

I have flown many times. Even crashed a few times. One thing I've learned: Gravity works well.

19. Principessa

Gold Member

LaGuardia looks like it was designed by George Jetson. Beyond that it is a suckhole excuse for an airport. They need to take a torch to it and start over again. Getting there is a bitch, the shuttles from JFK and Newark cost the world. The flights never arrive or depart on time.

It's hell with bad parking and tourists.

20. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Dulles is good.

Draft saved Draft deleted