How Well Do Butt Plugs Prepare You For The Real Thing?

aninterestingguy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’ve been using butt plugs lately and pretty quickly moved up to using a 2” diameter plug. I’d really like to try bottoming if or when the opportunity arises, but my question is how different is a cock in my ass from a tapered silicon toy? Obviously the taper and firmness makes entry much easier but then again most cocks aren’t uniformly 2" in diameter. Once it’s in I can typically work it so that I’m able to slide it in and out fairly easily though once it slips totally out, the gates tend to slam shut. I’m thinking of moving up in plug size to 2.5" in width but wonder if I ought to move on to dildos instead as they might be more like the real thing and as a result prepare me for the big day better. I'd get far more use out of a plug as I have to be entirely discreet. What do you think?

(admittedly reposting here bc the post in "Ask A Bi-Guy" got no love)

Also, here I am in action with my plug.

Reactions: Lost.intra

theplayerking

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Practice makes perfect. I taught myself to bottom using buttplugs and have never used a dildo. The outer sphincter needs the most training, which is what a buttplug is designed to do. I also found it useful to use a buttplug a couple of hours before getting fucked as a warm up.

OKCLane

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like to wear them out and about for the stimulation.
I’m a versatile top and my husband is very well endowed. We use a vibrating butt plug to open me up and relax me. After some foreplay with the plug in place he slowly removes it and slides his dick inside.
It makes it easier for us to have sex.
About 20 years ago, my previous partner (now deceased) and I used a double headed dildo. We’d slide towards each other and make out while squirming on that big long dildo. Eventually one of us would slide it out and be ready to receive the other.
So yes, I’m a fan of using toys to open yourself up.

aninterestingguy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yea, get a 6 inch dildo (starter dildo) and take it super gently with plenty of lube!

after a few sessions, you'll be begging for the real thing ;)
So are you saying that a dildo does a better job than a plug?

vita2016

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So are you saying that a dildo does a better job than a plug?
yeah given you've started with a plug, i would now move to a dildo (of a realistic size, like 6 inches?) to mimic the real thing better?

Reactions: aninterestingguy

LICNYCgay

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Honestly I don’t think it matters much whether you use a plug or a dildo. Though a dildo moving in and out would simulate getting fucked more than wearing a plug. But either will teach your hole to relax enough to take a cock, and the real thing feels much better than the toy, and the toy feels pretty damned good.

dtarlock

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's not just that you need to learn to relax enough to take cock....YOu also can use plugs or dildos to learn how to clamp down and clench your top once he's in there....So as you go up in diameter size, that will help you prepare for the big boys....But you also might want smaller diameter plugs and dildos to practice for the more modestly endowed tops you might encounter. Remember, not everyone is hung like they are on LPSG.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I’ve been using butt plugs lately and pretty quickly moved up to using a 2” diameter plug. I’d really like to try bottoming if or when the opportunity arises, but my question is how different is a cock in my ass from a tapered silicon toy? Obviously the taper and firmness makes entry much easier but then again most cocks aren’t uniformly 2" in diameter. Once it’s in I can typically work it so that I’m able to slide it in and out fairly easily though once it slips totally out, the gates tend to slam shut. I’m thinking of moving up in plug size to 2.5" in width but wonder if I ought to move on to dildos instead as they might be more like the real thing and as a result prepare me for the big day better. I'd get far more use out of a plug as I have to be entirely discreet. What do you think?

(admittedly reposting here bc the post in "Ask A Bi-Guy" got no love)

Also, here I am in action with my plug.
I've been using butt plugs for a few years and enjoy the sensation of having my ass filled while I get in with other things, even worn one to work. Best is driving as I tend to need to lay one off as my ass gets fucked. Yes they are good for getting your hole adjusted to taking cock but as you say the taper doesnt fill the orifice all the way down so you need to use a dildo to open up your tubes and give you practice in enjoy long deep thrusts. The downside of a dildo in my experience is that it doesnt stay put whereas a butt plug will when your "gates" close over the narrow neck so that the plug in retained.
But both have merits and I use both, today its a plug a little smaller than the one in you vid - and giving me a nice semi lob - while I catch up on office chores.

cedarizzo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have numerous dildos and have enjoyed using dildos for my entire adult life. I've had a few butt plugs but I have never gotten into using them. I recently bought a few bigger plugs. After reading the above posts, I am encouraged to try the plugs again and hopefully change my mind about them.

muskokan

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i have found that either plugs or dildos will prepare me for the real thing when it happens. The main difference is that with a dildo you get that "full" feeling whereas the plug just gets the outer sphincter warmed up for penetration. I do use both and regularly wear a plug that is a slight 1.5 inch wide.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i have found that either plugs or dildos will prepare me for the real thing when it happens. The main difference is that with a dildo you get that "full" feeling whereas the plug just gets the outer sphincter warmed up for penetration. I do use both and regularly wear a plug that is a slight 1.5 inch wide.
The reason U use butt plugs more I suppose, to relax my sphincter, always have said never mind the length its the width....i

Reactions: muskokan

BostonBull139

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have a large “worlds most comfortable butt plug” they I like to wear daily. It has a lot of weight but a skinny neck. Love the extra full feeling I get and how it pushes on my prostate.

aninterestingguy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm thinking of trying out the Doc Johnson Fatman which is kind of a combination of plug and dildo and looks pretty amazing. My current plug is 2" diameter so sizing up to 2.4" here should be a welcome challenge. It's also just a little shorter than my length and I've been curious to try something that long, though I'm not nearly as girthy as this will be. It's got some weight to it too at around 1.3lbs.

Anyone have any experience with this one?

Doc Johnson: American Bombshell - Fat Man - Gun Metal – docjohnson.com

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's a different experience between a plug and a dildo. The butt plug will get you used to being open and feeling filled. The dildo will get you used to being filled and stroked. Use the butt plug to get yourself opened up, then use the dildo to get used to what it feels like being fucked.

jpk338

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have been wearing buttplugs for years .All mine are made of silicone because silicone doesn't have chemicals that leach into your system.
i wear mine to work.shopping, beach ,etc. The largest is 3" diameter.
As far as preparing for a cock the most important thing to do is RELAX. Whenever my hole sees a cock it just opens all by it self. Don't think yourself into a problem b4 it happens.
Buttplugs do not hold your hole open like a dildo will. I bought a dildo at Tantus and wear it with a thong,to keep it in, It keeps the hole open. There are all sizes.
Good luck in your ventures.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have been wearing buttplugs for years .All mine are made of silicone because silicone doesn't have chemicals that leach into your system.
i wear mine to work.shopping, beach ,etc. The largest is 3" diameter.
As far as preparing for a cock the most important thing to do is RELAX. Whenever my hole sees a cock it just opens all by it self. Don't think yourself into a problem b4 it happens.
Buttplugs do not hold your hole open like a dildo will. I bought a dildo at Tantus and wear it with a thong,to keep it in, It keeps the hole open. There are all sizes.
Good luck in your ventures.
The nice thing about a butt plus is the narrow neck so my hole almost closes over it but it stops the plug from sliding out, giving that sensational feeling when out and about, and yes I agree they don8t make the "hole" open but they do give practice for penetration. I to tried longer times with a dildo in the hope of widening my hole and failed in finding anything to keep my dildo inside me, thongs failed to keep the wider length in place the only way really was for long time sitting on it. Still pretty horny stuff though.