popular one
athletic
prom king/queen
nerd
quiet
class clown
geeky
etc.

Personally I was the quiet nerd one of the group. But if I got pissed "it was on." I also played sports, but mostly quiet.

bblumbee: I was in the popular group. I was the captain of the cheerleading squad, the prom queen, was homecoming queen and also held another title while in high school. Consequently, I was also the valedictorian of my class.

SpeedoGuy: Was voted class clown as a senior after gradually moving away from being the "quiet" type as a freshman.

SG

Thumper_10x7_CA: I'd say I was pretty well known and well liked in high school. At my school the most popular group, right behing the jocks and cheerleaders, was the performance arts kids. (yes I know, not the norm elsewhere) Even a lot of the jocks and cheerleaders were part of performing arts. I was the president of the thespian club, stage managed the award winning plays and muscial, was in the choir and was the band-aid. So pretty much everyone knew me.

Boy, talk about stroking my own ego some 15 years later! :D

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I was the poor kid in the class - the one in the hand-me-downs and raggedy clothes. A clown but not a party guy. Never cracked a book but maintained a B average. Very naive.

Inwood: Ended up being quiet by high school. In with the brainier crowd but in my school that included some of the football players so we weren't like off in la la land. Most people knew me but more so because of my very deep, distinctive voice then being particularly popular. It was kind of hard to miss. Otherwise just a regular kid getting ready to go to college.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Gosh, let me get my objectivity cap on . . . the first three years I didn't study much, but beginning the Senior yr. my history teacher whetted my interest and some studying placed me 7th academically in the class of 24, yeah, a small class. I was voted president. Generally, I was quite and a bit shy, but fought against it and always thought few knew it. I had a crush on the best looking girl in class, but was too shy to ask her for a date. The Easter of that year she got seven corsages from guys who thought they had a chance!

Not much of a posting, but it's my 500th!

Luke

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I wasn't exactly a brain, but then again I wasn't a nerd either.

To tell quite the truth, it was nutty, in particular because I also needed some help from what was commonly referred to as the resource room. That almost drove me nuts, literally. My freshman year, I was almost certain no one would an interest in me, as luck would have it, three girls had! One I'd met at the town pool, also another from there, and one in another class up the hall. Out of the three, two had a romantic interest, but the first one wanted to remain friends. I learned that hard.

Real pity about the first one, but I soon moved on greener pastures.

My senior year, my special ed teacher wanted to recommend to me a school upstate, but I found it not what I was interested in, and he basically forced me out.
I fought back, and got back in, but it didn't last too long when I realized they were just giving me a hard time to get out, and when I realized it, and decided not take it, I basically dropped out.

I once tried to get my actual HS diploma,but found it not to my liking, so I got my GED.

jerkin4-10: i did alot of things in high school...i was the quarterback/captain of the football team...star greenhand in ffa...played basketball and baseball as well...NEVER studied anything...and had a B+ average...was president of the science club as a junior but was largely neglected by the administration, because i spoke my mind...but never really dated steady until i was out of high school...didnt own a pair of jeans til i bought them myself when i was a senior...

bblumbee: We have lots of smart guys and jocks in our midst. We also have lots of shy, timid guys, too. Well, maybe NOT so timid anymore! LOL :eek:

Javierdude22: Typical that we dont have any prizes over here in any form, not homecoing queen nor valedictorian.

I was Mr. Swisterland. When I felt like it I hung out with the cool group, and when I felt like it with the not so very cool group. I got along with both, and guess also was accepted by both.

Sports I was always good at, especially rugby, baseball, and athletics, except soccer. But we dont have teams here, you simply have P.E. (that would be physical education).

Smart, yeah I guess so. I graduated in the top percentiles somewhere. But again, we are evaluated individually, not against other kids, both systems have their advantages I guess.

norseman: Ah geez, it was all so long ago. Let me see if I can remember....

Yup, I was a total brainiac and nerd. I even played in the band and was a local officer of the National Honor Society. Not particularly popular or unpopular, but certainly visible. Very naive. Hardly dated at all and had not a clue as to what my oversized dick was for.

Having had several decades to reflect on all that and see where it all got me, I find I've fared quite well. Class reunions are real ego boosters. It's amazing how fat the jocks got and how quickly the hippest crowd got tied down with marriage and kids. Most of them are grandparents now (nothing wrong with families and kids, but what's the hurry ?)

It's amazing how the things that were so important and life-defining in high school fade away in the ensuing years.

Norse

UncutStudent: Back in High School I really just hung around everyone. I wasn't popular but everyone knew me. I just got along great with everyone.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was co-captain (with close friend) of the football team, a scholar, generally a jock, hung with a group of jocks who lived to make others laugh. Did I mention girl crazy?

jay

bblumbee: Jay, you sound like the guy I dated in High School... a jock, a scholar and captain of the football team.

Sounds like we'd get along fine. ;) lol

bblumbee: LOL John!

I think it is established that a large majority of us were above average students. I don't think I would necessarily classify myself as "nerdy," but I was the valedictorian of my class. 1/465 ;D

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
bblumbee..

Maybe I was that guy! Nah, seriously the valedictorian of my class was a guy.

I think it is funny that most people think if you love to play sports that you have got to be dumb. Only in sports do I find that 3 seconds when I know/feel entire space and can even see the outcome of the perfect action. It seldom happens, but when it does, wow!! A Master of the Universe for a few minutes.

jay

bblumbee: Jay,

Are you sure you are not HIM? LOL You definitely speak like him and your thought processes mirror almost identically! :-/ hmmm....

You are absolutely correct. Most of the guys (jocks) I knew in high school and those in college were brilliant. Of course some were not (I don't need to elaborate).

I do confess, however, I have not a clue as to this 3 second command and being able to see the perfect outcome to the action (definitely a football thing), but in other situations, I would concur. :)

grantstephens: I was a jock headed towards a pro baseball career - 1 year after high school was all........