How will it happen?

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is a cloudy and overcast day here in the city and it brought to my mind of thinking an incident from many years ago when I was in Junior High School in grade #7 It was a day which much looked like this and a story began as many times can with kids that age that the world would end that day Many children were scared but I just stared out the window at the dark clouds and wondered if there were helicopters on the other side of the clouds

So to my questioning: How do you think that the world as we know it will end? Will there be a major series of volcanic eruptions which will blur out the sun and so plants and animals will die from cold causing us to starve? Major earthquakes? Floods? A comet or asteroid or series of them hitting earth? An alien invasion?

Or do you think earth will go on forever?

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The world will end because of the environmental pollutions which have been created by human being.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
World ending? I think you mean mankind ending....

...goes out with a whimper. There's many a ways, but if a strong earthquake took out a few nuclear reactors, we'd go from radiation poisoning...

...and the 2012 vision of a "pole shift" would knock the wind out of many millions...

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It'll probably begin with a nuclear exchange involving Israel or possibly between some rival despots vying to be the the overlords of the oil fields in the middle east. Or possibly between India and Pakistan. This regional nuclear exchange would lay waste millions of lives and ruin many oil wells and transportation/porting facilities in an afternoon. The entire middle east might end up involved in an escalating conflict with millions fleeing the violence and fallout radiation.

The resultant chaos and destabilization radiating to the rest of the world's financial markets could inflame long standing racial or national hatreds elsewhere or it might also encourage opportunistic military adventurism on the part of China toward Taiwan or North Korea toward South Korea or Russia toward its former client states which would then trigger a military response from the USA or NATO. Bellicose political leaders and national pride might prevent cooler heads from prevailing and before more nuclear weapons started flying. It could get very ugly very fast.

Its happened before: the military alliances and perceptions of national honor resulted in rapid mobilizations or armies that couldn't be stopped before war broke out in the late summer of 1914. This time we've got nuclear weapons.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
None of the stuff listed will end the world. It could kill billions of people and have other serious repercussions, but it wouldn't completely exterminate either the human race or the planet. The asteroid impact could potentially, if the asteroid was big enough, like the size of the moon. If something hit us hard enough to put us into a deteriorating orbit around the sun eventually we'd burn up, if any of us survived past the impact. More than likely the sun will eventually kill the planet and anyone else still living on it. That's probably a very long ways off, and at that point humanity will likely have relocated to different planets. So it might not kill all of us.
If we manage to start colonizing other worlds, it will be difficult to wipe us all out completely. The big crush would do it- the theory that eventually all matter will collapse in on itself in a reverse of the big bang. Entropy would also do it- the theory that the big crush is never going to happen, all matter will continue moving further and further apart, all energy will eventually disappear into the background radiation of the universe, and eventually the entire universe will die a heat death, no energy, no heat, and therefore no life. Both theories are losing popularity. So maybe we'll live forever.

BigPuppy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Humans will end in the same way as the Golgafrinchams who “were all suddenly wiped out by a virulent disease contracted from a dirty telephone”

BigPuppy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I’ve read that a full nuclear war would not be enough to destroy all life on the planet. This remaining life would keep on evolving and after 10 million years there would be roughly the same variety of life on earth as there is now, even if the individual species will be different.

Then some tree dwellers would learn to walk on their hind legs and use tools and it would start all over again…

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Plastic and petroleum derived products will be found to cause infertility and cancer. It will be to the modern civilized world what lead was to the collapse of the Roman Empire.

The evidence will be vehemently denied and covered up by a collusion oil companies, pharmaceutical giants and huge corporate food producers who rely exclusively on petroleum derived fertilizers and pesticides to feed the world like Monsanto and ADM. And that genetically altered insecticide sprayed and radiated staple of food will be found out to be cancer inducing.

It will be a gradual event taking decades but like the Roman Empire people will not know exactly what is causing the decline of birth rates, the rise of infertility among both men and women and the increase incidence of breast, and prostate cancer. They will ascribe it to stress of modern living, pollution, economic choice or even global warming.

It will fester under the radar until it is too late as the very corporations causing the catastrophe including pharmaceutical giants controlled by oil companies get more and more powerful, monopolizing public opinion and squashing any concerted effort to uncover the root of the evil.

People will be sick and not know what is causing it. It will be like asbestos but on a grand scale, the slow death of modern civilization.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread is something serious now! Thinking about the end of earth, or civilization, or the ultimate fate of the universe connects my mind and my genetic instincts.

People ask me what do I train for? I tell them I train for the apocalypse, and only half-jokingly. If it comes to an end while I'm still here, I need to be in the best shape possible to survive. I think at that point I would feel completely liberated and alive. No more modern day worries of society; paying for my health insurance, having a job, paying bills, fox news. I would only feel the basic human instinct of survival. And of course, reproduction. That would make a fantastic movie.

However, in the haunting description above of the end coming by way of plastics and pharmaceutical companies it would make no difference, I wouldn't stand a chance. I would probably be one of the first to go, as I already feel like pharmaceuticals have slowly killed me the last few years. I can see all the microwaving of food in plastic containers growing up and who knows what else as having some effect too.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
if a strong earthquake took out a few nuclear reactors, we'd go from radiation poisoning...

You'd have to try pretty hard, but I'm sure you could come up with something slightly more ignorant than this. :rolleyes:

hahaha like this

:biggrin1:

I love you, Tink...I don't even have to click that link to know what it is!
fucking kangaroos...

gwr1349

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Read the book of Revelation in the bible to get a step by step guide on how the world will end as we know it. I believe in the big bang theory. GOD said it and BANG it happened.