How Wimpy Are You When You're Ill?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
If it's anything respiratory, I'm a wimp. I have mild asthma, and when my lungs are congested, my breathing gets very difficult.
Other things (back pain, joint pain, intestinal stuff, what have you) are different. I keep going.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Myself, very self reliant. Open fracture on my left arm about (2 1/2 inch of bone sticking out) 3 years a go from a road traffic accident, but was going absolutely crazy 2nd day in hospital, trying to rip the morphine drip out of my arm to fuck off back home. Was doing fuck all for pain relief anyway.

Even more comical was when I broken it... driver absolutely shitting himself with what he saw, and flapping about, despite being a first aider at work. Told him to sit down, shut up, and get yah mate to fetch something that can be used as a temp arm sling. Had fun in the ambulance too, asking one of the medics if he had any skins, and if he was good at rolling a cone, as I fancied using something herbal to kill the pain :biggrin1:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If my back hurts enough for me to actually comment on it, rest assured I want to go home and lie down. If that is contrary to the agendas of others, they are always free to massage me.

If I think I may be contagious, or that one day off will make a big difference, expect me to take to my bed, treat my symptoms, and consume fluids.

If illness requires frequent visits to my throne, I'll move into the bathroom and if you need it you're SOL.

Other than that, I'm no baby when I'm sick, but if someone wants to treat me like one, it's welcome.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't want to be out in public when i'm sick with the stomach flu. Colds make me feel like crap but i'll go to work if i'm not sneezing and coughing all the time. It pisses me off when people come to work, sneeze all over the place, cough on you, touch everything with their hands and not wash them. If you're sick, stay home and get well. Don't come to work and make everyone else sick. I followed my former boss around with a can of Lysol when he'd come to work with a cold, spray the doorknobs, phones, and refused to allow him in my office. :tongue:

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm not wimpy when I am ill, but I am grouchy. I believe in giving myself the opportunity to rest and heal/recover from my bout of illness. I don't want to be fussed over, I just want to be left alone.

I've also got a high pain threshold so I've broken and ankle and slipped a disc and for the life of me I don't know when it happened or how...but it eventually caught up with me and alerted me that something was wrong.

So, Mrs. biguy knows that when I say I need to go to the doctor, it's pretty serious.

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I keep going to school and doing everyday chores unless I get to fever stage which has happened recently. Then I couldn't do anything because I just felt so cold and tired. I don't have the time to take off when I'm sick plus when you're active, you fight the cold germs much better than when sedentary...

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't complain because I hate taking it out on other people, I just go right to bed and get some sleep and usually that is all it takes. I have been seriously ill in the past...really ill...I just wanted to be left alone, I was in a lot of pain and I just wanted to cry except it hurt so much to even move. Right now I am facing some health problems and it scares me, but I don't let on to anyone...a few here know, so aside from that, I guess right now I am in denial until I know more.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not wimpy -- I'm a mom !!

I'm rarely ever ill enough to be ill. And when I am ill, I still have to operate.

- - - - - - -

(and the banging that you hear is me knocking on wood that it'll never be bad.)

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I very rarely get laid up, I have had walking pneumonia several times and work through 104 degree temperatures. In the last 20 years I took one day off work because I was ill and I work 364/365(leap year) days a year.

There is no use to complain and when people have sick leave built up they tend to get sick to use it up. Yes, that is a generalization but it is amazing how many people revel in the attention they get from being sick. I maintain that ill health has a lot to do with your attitude towards life and not letting stress get you down.