how would you cope with your partner becoming obese?

MiddleCountryMo

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm dealing with this now, except it's me who has gained the weight. I had a very bad year working abroad, but was the slimmest i have ever been, which was due entirely to the stress I was under. When I came back I met a guy who took a lot of that stress away, but with that came a large amount of weight gain, and where I was at my slimmest abroad, I am now at my heaviest a year later. He, like some of the other commenters, cannot stand the sight of me doing this to myself. I did the Whole30 and lost about 20 pounds, but as soon as it was over I gained them back. I am trying to focus on changing my eating habits permanently, not just temporarily. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
assuming they were a relatively healthy weight when you got together.
Absolutely not, my husband is overweight and has gotten bigger than when we first met he's 310 lbs. But He plays rugby every weekend and works out, just he's got a beer belly but he is almost 40. Luckily I kinda like the aging wrestler look :p

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Absolutely not, my husband is overweight and has gotten bigger than when we first met he's 310 lbs. But He plays rugby every weekend and works out, just he's got a beer belly but he is almost 40. Luckily I kinda like the aging wrestler look :p
dolfette has not been active on the forum in over 4 years I doubt you'll get a response from her.

Reactions: Holly Doors