How would you react if someone grabbed your junk in a gym gang shower room?

tbrguy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think I'd run a mile, or maybe belt him.

We are talking men only here aren't we, some places do have mixed locker rooms and showers, not that I've been lucky enough to find one...

Closest I suppose would be the showers be the exits to nude beaches, they're mixed.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think I'd run a mile, or maybe belt him.

We are talking men only here aren't we, some places do have mixed locker rooms and showers, not that I've been lucky enough to find one...

Closest I suppose would be the showers be the exits to nude beaches, they're mixed.

Yeah, for this thread, all male locker room.

I'll go with the original question "someone".... Depends what mood I'm in on the day. But since I don't visit or have anything to do with gyms...gonna have to rely on my imagination..hehe....hehehehe....hehehehehehe Do ya really wanna know?...mmmmm herherherherherherherher.

SparkyNYC

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Happened to me once in the steamer at NYSC, creepy guy grabbed me without asking, or any indication that I would be ok with it.....I nearly punched him out

D

deleted136887

Atack. Kick the living crap out of the person. It has nothing to do with orentation. Same Same. Uninvited attention not welcome.i

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Really? A little lite wiener-fondling qualifies as sexual assault?

And when one guy lays his hand on another guy's shoulder, I suppose that's assault and battery?

Feel free. :biggrin1:

Ah, Yeah.

According to the National Center for Victims of Crimes, Sexual Assault is defined as follows:

Sexual assault takes many forms including attacks such as rape or attempted rape, as well as any unwanted sexual contact or threats. Usually a sexual assault occurs when someone touches any part of another person's body in a sexual way, even through clothes, without that person's consent. Some types of sexual acts which fall under the category of sexual assault include forced sexual intercourse (rape), sodomy (oral or anal sexual acts), child molestation, incest, fondling and attempted rape. Sexual assault in any form is often a devastating crime. Assailants can be strangers, acquaintances, friends, or family members. Assailants commit sexual assault by way of violence, threats, coercion, manipulation, pressure or tricks. Whatever the circumstances, no one asks or deserves to be sexually assaulted.

The law generally assumes that a person does not consent to sexual conduct if he or she is forced, threatened or is unconscious, drugged, a minor, developmentally disabled, chronically mentally ill, or believe they are undergoing a medical procedure. Some examples of sexual assault include:
  • Someone putting their finger, tongue, mouth, penis or an object in or on your vagina, penis or anus when you don't want them to;
  • Someone touching, fondling, kissing or making any unwanted contact with your body;
  • Someone forcing you to perform oral sex or forcing you to receive oral sex;
  • Someone forcing you to masturbate, forcing you to masturbate them, or fondling and touching you;
  • Someone forcing you to look at sexually explicit material or forcing you to pose for sexually explicit pictures; and
  • A doctor, nurse, or other health care professional giving you an unnecessary internal examination or touching your sexual organs in an unprofessional, unwarranted and inappropriate manner.
The National Center for Victims of Crime - Library/Document Viewer

Personally, if I'm in the shower at the gym, I'm not there to fool around, I'm there to exercise, and shower, and that's it. If someone finds me attractive, they can tell me so, and we can take it from there.

If someone feels the need to walk up on me and feel on me, it says to me that they lack social skills and social graces.

Furthermore, I agree with what erratic said. If you want to grope someone like that, go to a bathhouse.

What it all boils down to, IMO, is whether or not such contact is wanted and invited. Granted, an incident where someone walks up to me, and fondles my junk wouldn't be necessarily arrest worthy, but it would certainly be not okay with me in a situation like that. Of course, YMMV.

D

deleted136887

I went back to the OP.
So Earllogjam,you be so cool you shit ice cubes.
Fact is , you posted here and you felt violated.
You got felt up? Uninvited? Knucklesandwich. Finish.

coveryerteeth

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My point is that "sexual assault" is the term used for rape. To equate rape with a random junk tug is preposterous.

Sexual assault in any form is often a devastating crime.

Any guy that would fall to pieces because some dude skipped the polite heads up and tugged on his wiener uninvited is too damn fragile for life. Guys like this should get themselves 9-15 cats and just give up on ever leaving their house, again.

Like that guy that got arrested for dragging his nuts on the passed-out fan from the opposing football team at the Krystal's on Bourbon Street, a while back? He shouldn't have gone to jail for that shit.

Americans instill their children with such a debilitating fear of the male genitalia, it's beyond ridiculous.

coveryerteeth

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And surely you can see how a term that encompasses both rape and pickle tickling is a meaningless term. Just like the term "sex offender." In my home state, they make guys that get busted for soliciting prostitution as well as guys that whip their dicks out to piss behind an alley dumpster register as sex offenders. Then when they move to a new neighborhood, the state sends out notices and everyone ends up thinking they're child molesters.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
My point is that "sexual assault" is the term used for rape. To equate rape with a random junk tug is preposterous.

Any guy that would fall to pieces because some dude skipped the polite heads up and tugged on his wiener uninvited is too damn fragile for life. Guys like this should get themselves 9-15 cats and just give up on ever leaving their house, again.

Like that guy that got arrested for dragging his nuts on the passed-out fan from the opposing football team at the Krystal's on Bourbon Street, a while back? He shouldn't have gone to jail for that shit.

Americans instill their children with such a debilitating fear of the male genitalia, it's beyond ridiculous.

Sexual assault is merely a blanket term for many unwanted, uninvited sexual acts, including rape. It also includes groping someone when they do not want to be groped, are not interested in being groped.

Also, note that it said "is OFTEN a devastating crime, not always a devastating crime. You know, there are like....levels to it. One situation is not the same as another.

While I do agree, it's not something worth totally going to pieces over, I feel that I have the right to react negatively to an unwanted touch, especially if I'm naked and showering, and all of a sudden there's a hand on my junk, uninvited.

I am curious, did you see the video of what happened at that Krystal on Bourbon Street? It was disgusting. The guy was passed out at the counter. People were putting all sorts of trash on him, and then the one guy didn't just drag his nuts over the guy's neck, he was rubbing them all over him, and practically humping on his neck. All while people were watching, cheering, and hollering. Plus, somenone filming it. The whole situation was designed to humiliate the poor guy. And now, it's on the Internet for all eternity. That's why the perp got arrested, and I certainly hope that the other people who encouraged it will be arrested and charged as accessories.

Honestly, I think those are two situations that are apples and oranges. There is a vast difference between someone fondling you uninvited in a gym shower, and someone teabagging you repeatedly in public while everyone watches and films it.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I agree with you.

I don't agree with you because I think think you're presenting things in pretty extreme terms.

It's not okay to touch people's genitals without consent. I think that if you're touched, sexually, without your consent, you have the right to be upset. Fall to pieces? That's extreme. Pissed off? Feel violated? Totally understandable.

I also think you have the right to consequence the person who touched you without your consent. Kill them and call it "gay panic"? Hell no. Haul off and punch the guy? I wouldn't advocate for it, but I wouldn't have a lot of sympathy for the guy who started things off by molesting someone. Let management or the police know? Absolutely.

I agree with you completely, and think that the phenomenon is far more widespread than just in America.

coveryerteeth

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I used to live in New Orleans. Of all the humiliating things I've seen done to passed-out drunk people at Krystal's, that sloppy, half-assed tea-bagging didn't even break the Top 10. It just made the news, cuz it was caught on camera.

Look. What I'm saying is this: If you fall victim to unwanted touching, you have every right to react negatively. Not violently, I would argue. But negatively? Sure.

What I'm not on board with is treating a harmless bit of flirtatious groping like it's some monstrous criminal offense. Otherwise we'd have to send every guy that's ever patted his Hooters waitress on the behind to jail. I have a feeling Arnold Schwarzenegger would have a thing or two to say against that.

D_Anna_Mott_Aphia

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd be kinda pissed off at the guy, would probably tell him he's retarded and should learn how to behave with people. But I wouldn't go to the police and ruin the poor lad's life just because he groped my junk without warning.

Would you get angry, freak out, let him touch you, just step away, what?

In the 25 years that I have been using gang showers, it has never happened once. Does this happen to other guys? I think this is a whole lot of hoopla about nothing, and perpetuates unreasonable and groundless fears some guys have about being naked in a gang shower room. I'd bet that more inappropriate behaviour goes on in stalls than it does in an open shower because there is no one else who can see it. However, in that case, it would be welcome by the participants.

1kmb1

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I used to live in New Orleans. Of all the humiliating things I've seen done to passed-out drunk people at Krystal's, that sloppy, half-assed tea-bagging didn't even break the Top 10. It just made the news, cuz it was caught on camera.

Look. What I'm saying is this: If you fall victim to unwanted touching, you have every right to react negatively. Not violently, I would argue. But negatively? Sure.

What I'm not on board with is treating a harmless bit of flirtatious groping like it's some monstrous criminal offense. Otherwise we'd have to send every guy that's ever patted his Hooters waitress on the behind to jail. I have a feeling Arnold Schwarzenegger would have a thing or two to say against that.

what kind of sick pervert flirts by groping?

uh no, it would be like sticking your fingers inside the hooters waitress.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

Personally, I see a difference between "flirtatious groping" and something that is very invasive.

A slap on a Hooters waitress' behind is different than reaching up under her clothes and fondling bare skin. IMO, that's what walking up to someone uninvited in a shower, and grabbing their intimate parts more akin to.

Ditto with something meant to humiliate.

However, I do agree that that is not something worth sending someone to jail over. That's why a shove, possibly a punch, and a loud "WTF are you doing?!" is in order. It clearly sets the boundary that it's not appropriate. And yes, I'd report whomever to management.

FWIW, I do agree about using some of the blanket terms, like "sex offender" People hear that term, and think that a pedophile is coming to town, and flip out. There have been incidents of people's lives being ruined over things like that.