How would you react or do if another man kissed you?

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Where at? A nightclub where you're expecting a dude you've been eyeing up to do this?

What would a women do? Lots of women kiss each other and don't identify as lesbian.

Depends on what he looked like, but I have no interest in kissing most men in most circumstances.

I identify as straight. But with the right dude in the right circumstances (rare), it would be super hot because of the taboo and to feel that close to another sexy dude. The moment would have to be just right.

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its sexual assault how do you think we would react.

If a guy grabbed my as I'd prabably swat their hand away after I turn around.

As for grabbing my dick or kissing they would not be able to get close enough to do either. Anything headed towards my crotch I take as a nut shot so I always block. Years of playing soccer and doing martial arts made it a instructive reaction.
and I would let anyone close enough to kiss me with out me knowing its going to happen so the moment they leaned in I'd push them away.

And if they some how snuck past that then they would probably get punched in the face.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Probably react the same way as I would if i caught someone trying to rob; or steal something from me, while I was on the street minding my own business. My first reaction would be mental with me thinking who does this guy think he is. My second reaction would probably be to break the hand he has used to violate my space.

I do not like violence; but I am well equipped to handle it; and very very good at it.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Bull you are a good guy and a good member.But if a guy placed his hands on a woman he would probably get smacked, cursed out or land in jail for sexual assault.. I do not see this as homophobia, more like an exercise in stupidity. The OPs profile says he is from New York. People here tolerate others in their space; because there is no way around it. However there is a line most true New Yorkers draw in the sand . Cross that line and either you fight or flee. Unwanted physical contact. be it by M/M M/F F/M F/F will quite often get the same reaction, Confrontation

Perverts and predators rely on their victims keeping quiet so they can go on and do the same thing to others. The best way to stop a pervert / predator is to confront him / her or report him / her to the police

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I share the confusion implied by bigbull29. The title appears to ask how a straight man would react to a kiss from another guy. The OP then links kissing to ass grabbing and groping the genitals. The conversation then follows in assuming that someone - a stranger - is doing any of these things unexpectedly, intrusively and without any regard to consent. Of course, this would be sexual harassment and I would expect an angry response.

As a predominantly gay man (and I do not like labels but it is understood as shorthand) of advanced years, I was a hippie when in my youth. I kissed and cuddled with many soi-disant straight men, danced naked and smoked pot. I cannot recall any time when I kissed any other guy unexpectedly, or a stranger or without the process of interaction being sufficiently gradual to be stopped long before kissing took place or without at the very least implicit consent. No offence was ever taken.

I have for the past 50 years hugged and kissed my close friends of both sexes, gay or straight, unless I know in advance that they would not welcome such affectionate intimacy. I was a teacher and leader in co-counselling and a "encounter" group facilitator and it was within the philosophy and understanding of both movements that many men are inhibited about expressing their love for other men in case it was seen as erotic or homosexual. So, in these settings I would kiss and hug men who were more or less strangers though most usually only after getting to know them. Again, no offence or objection has resulted.

I would never grab another guy's bottom or grab his cock unless he was already in a sexually intimate relationship with me. Even then, I would be judging the appropriateness of doing so and anticipating a positive response.

I will leave this thread to deal with sexual abuse and harassment, if that is what this thread is really about.

Reactions: BIGBULL29

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The way the op worded the question it implies that this is an unexpected thing seeing as straight men do not generally get kissed or get grabbed by men so it stands to reason that all of the response have been the way they are.

If the op meant the question in a different regard he should clarify.

With regard to what you said I cannot imagine a situation where a friend that is male would kiss me or grab my crotch.

As for ass grabs I could see some friends doing that as a joke but it isn't common and it even then is still unwelcome.

@ronin001 pretty much hit the nail on the head. People generally don't like invasions of personal space.
I share the confusion implied by bigbull29. The title appears to ask how a straight man would react to a kiss from another guy. The OP then links kissing to ass grabbing and groping the genitals. The conversation then follows in assuming that someone - a stranger - is doing any of these things unexpectedly, intrusively and without any regard to consent. Of course, this would be sexual harassment and I would expect an angry response.

As a predominantly gay man (and I do not like labels but it is understood as shorthand) of advanced years, I was a hippie when in my youth. I kissed and cuddled with many soi-disant straight men, danced naked and smoked pot. I cannot recall any time when I kissed any other guy unexpectedly, or a stranger or without the process of interaction being sufficiently gradual to be stopped long before kissing took place or without at the very least implicit consent. No offence was ever taken.

I have for the past 50 years hugged and kissed my close friends of both sexes, gay or straight, unless I know in advance that they would not welcome such affectionate intimacy. I was a teacher and leader in co-counselling and a "encounter" group facilitator and it was within the philosophy and understanding of both movements that many men are inhibited about expressing their love for other men in case it was seen as erotic or homosexual. So, in these settings I would kiss and hug men who were more or less strangers though most usually only after getting to know them. Again, no offence or objection has resulted.

I would never grab another guy's bottom or grab his cock unless he was already in a sexually intimate relationship with me. Even then, I would be judging the appropriateness of doing so and anticipating a positive response.

I will leave this thread to deal with sexual abuse and harassment, if that is what this thread is really about.

Naughty Teacher

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i can't say this has ever happened to me, except in a gay bar. and hey, who put myself in a gay pick-up area? i did.

Now, i think my gay friends should get a turn to pick the bar, and thats fine. And usually, all that needs doing is a quick 'im here with someone', or 'no thank you' and its all over.

Dport

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And if a woman did this to a man, you'd punch her in the face?

How about a woman doing this to a woman?

I probably wouldn't punch anyone in the face, but I don't want a strange woman trying to put her mouth on my mouth unexpectedly either. And my first reaction would be to give her a shove like "I don't know you, take your hepatitis and move around bitch."

Black_Frost

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
In some cultures close male friends kiss -- as in a peck on the lips or on the cheeks. In North American culture, men kissing has traditionally been a taboo. So for a lot of men I suppose it would depend upon who did the kissing and what sort of kiss they gave.

For me, it would depend upon whether I invited the kiss, whether I'd let him kiss me before (or whether I'd kissed him before,) or whether he came from a culture and/or upbringing that traditionally kissed other males. (So we're back to whom and how.)

Now, were it a stranger, out of the blue? I'd probably deck him. I don't treat other men, nor women, that way, and I don't want to be treated that way, either. If I wanted to be polite about it, or he was a friend of a friend, I'd probably warn him not to do it again. Once. Just like with any other form of non-accidental unwanted contact. Assault's assault, and I don't like being assaulted. I doubt many people do, regardless of gender.

(And yes, some forms of straight male interaction encourage things like ass-grabbing or crotch-grabbing. Notably some sports groups. I never liked getting groped by strangers in gay bars, and I don't like getting groped by non-strangers unless I invite it. 'Nuff said. If you happen to like it, that's fine with me. You can get all the grabbing intended for me. Thank gods it's lessened a lot, now that I'm older and not the 'pretty' looking boy I was in my youth.)

Reactions: Hatt_101

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would never let a man get close enough to kiss me in the first place, whether or not he was a friend. I have my space, you have your space, and that there's the way it is.

There would never be any "right" circumstances with the "right" guy, because these things? They do not exist.

As for a guy grabbing my bootay or my dick--same thing. He wouldn't get close enough.

And let me be clear about this: there's an absolute double standard at work here. If a woman did those things, I'd be o.k. with it. One time a woman I knew as a friend walked up to me and locked lips for a passionate one-off and I was o.k. with it. A bit thunderstruck, but o.k. with it.