How would you take the news: early detection of micropenis

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm referring to the OP. Before it was even remotely mentioned there might be any actual implications of anything real, it was fucking creepy.
I guess I was just confused because you said it before AND after some of us began discussing SWIM21's post. All clear now though.

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm referring to the OP. Before it was even remotely mentioned there might be any actual implications of anything real, it was fucking creepy.

As the OP, I'm gratified that there has been an interesting discussion once my motivations were set aside. Not sure why people assume i was being creepy? No creepiness was intended - just thought it was interesting as to how people would feel about this information? A big deal? Not a big deal? Need for empathy? Put things in perspective. Thanks to all those that just discussed in that spirit.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Did you read SWIM21's post? Apparently, there ARE good reasons to look for it. It can point to hormonal imbalances, and researchers are trying to see if it is an indicator for any other conditions. Seems legit.
Let's not conflate micropenis and ambiguous genitalia here. The latter can certainly be the result of serious chromosomal abnormalities and genetic defects that can have wide reaching, high morbidity effects. I do not recall that being the case for the former. And even then, ambiguous genitalia on its own is not really life threatening, though it will require surgery and may come with side effects like infertility.

SWIM21

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I saw his post. I'd still be more concerned with, y'know, shit like spina bifida and things like that.

Spina bifida and other neural tube defects are mostly caused by a deficiency of folic acid during pregnancy. That's one reason why prenatal vitamins are important. Also, believe it or not, the US government mandated that all of the flour in the country be enriched with folic acid in order to reduce the incidence of neural tube defects. That's why it says 'enriched' bread on the package, if you've ever wondered. Fun facts, yay!

That's a point I made as well... but when I think about it, if my mother had a way to know during my gestation that there was a possible way to treat the problems with my endocrine system during that time and that I could have had something done to avoid the hormonal problems I have now, i'd be all ABOUT it, and because that wasn't possible for me, I likely won't ever have a son to worry about anyway :(... and if I knew I had a son in my womb that gave me some sort of sign of a similar, treatable issue, I'd want to know.

OP may not have been so out there after all.

Medical science is a long way off from being able to prevent those kinds of problems, even if they can be detected early. It's kind of a bummer to think about, but one of the reasons they do these kinds of screenings (in some states it's actually mandatory) is to give the mother the choice of aborting before it's too late.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Let's not conflate micropenis and ambiguous genitalia here. The latter can certainly be the result of serious chromosomal abnormalities and genetic defects that can have wide reaching, high morbidity effects. I do not recall that being the case for the former. And even then, ambiguous genitalia on its own is not really life threatening, though it will require surgery and may come with side effects like infertility.
You're talking to someone who has major problems with her endocrine system, some of which were definitely inherited from my mother, and some of which are surprises. If my mother had any means of predicting any of this, she would have considered any course of action to save me from these struggles. My life expectancy, by the way, is significantly impacted.

As the OP, I'm gratified that there has been an interesting discussion once my motivations were set aside. Not sure why people assume i was being creepy? No creepiness was intended - just thought it was interesting as to how people would feel about this information? A big deal? Not a big deal? Need for empathy? Put things in perspective. Thanks to all those that just discussed in that spirit.

I didn't see you mentioning any other health issues/implications in your original post, just "oh, a micropenis on a fetus can be detected now" which I find fucking creepy that you thought to post it on an 18+ site where a main point of focus is large dicks, and all kinds of motherfuckers get off on SPH, including some who seriously need their heads examined, thinking that they legitimately are inferior to guys who have larger dicks.

If it legitimately can be an indicator for serious endocrine issues, then yes, that should be addressed as best as possible, same as other birth defects. That wasn't mentioned initially, though. Thus my finding of the post fucking creepy.

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I didn't see you mentioning any other health issues/implications in your original post, just "oh, a micropenis on a fetus can be detected now" which I find fucking creepy that you thought to post it on an 18+ site where a main point of focus is large dicks, and all kinds of motherfuckers get off on SPH, including some who seriously need their heads examined, thinking that they legitimately are inferior to guys who have larger dicks.

If it legitimately can be an indicator for serious endocrine issues, then yes, that should be addressed as best as possible, same as other birth defects. That wasn't mentioned initially, though. Thus my finding of the post fucking creepy.

I didn't have any preconceived notions that you are projecting here...I was simply asking a question.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Marie Stopes, eugenicist, "founder" of the women's birth control movement and severely unimpressed wife of a first husband with a small penis apparently, may have differed in opinion. That said, she may have approved if only on the grounds of medical research to eliminate the occurrence.

Einstein may have had a micropenis, Curie could have a vagina the size of Canada. Still, I'm glad no one aborted them.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I just find it creepy and fucked up that with all the other important things to check a fetus for, that a micropenis would even be a blip on someone's radar.
Ultrasound, but whatever. ;)

Let's say MP has other issues, from lower production/uptake of various hormones, connection with cancers later in life, whatever.
My view was, if it matters (really matters) and something needs to happen prior to birth to get kiddo a decent life, then I am up for hearing about it.
Or, if intervention was needed soon after birth.

I looked up some medical images, and wonder if some of these boys were raised as girls and into women on the past.

Start in womb penis stretching therapy................................not invented yet? There's a patent going begging.

Or just blame god or the gods. They seem to take the blame quite well.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
You're talking to someone who has major problems with her endocrine system, some of which were definitely inherited from my mother, and some of which are surprises. If my mother had any means of predicting any of this, she would have considered any course of action to save me from these struggles. My life expectancy, by the way, is significantly impacted.
Honey, I definitely understand where you're coming from. A major point I'm trying to make is that there are a lot of subtle points to diagnosing these problems that can influence the decision to abort dramatically. I, for one, am glad we have you around despite these challenges, for example.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Brisler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Given the history of this site, and the insane and inane shit that's posted daily, you surely must have been aware that people would second guess your motives for posting. If you did not want this question to sound like "would you have an abortion if you knew your son had a small penis, just because he has a small penis", then you really should have been clearer about it in your original post.

I'd rather not draw any conclusions about your motives, but I must admit that I can't help but feel that you lucked out about there being some wise people on the forum that knew micropenises to potentially be connected to legitimate medical concerns.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Honey, I definitely understand where you're coming from. A major point I'm trying to make is that there are a lot of subtle points to diagnosing these problems that can influence the decision to abort dramatically. I, for one, am glad we have you around despite these challenges, for example.
Thank you. I'm also glad. LOL

In my case, abortion is not one of the courses of action my mother would have taken to save me from struggle. She wanted me very badly, and loved me from the moment she found out I was happening. Similarly, I would be interested in corrective measures, at such a time as they are available.