How young is too young?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by like2playwbd, Dec 21, 2007.

1. like2playwbd

like2playwbd New Member

Albums:
    I just started seeing someone who is 16 years younger than me.
    Not really dating but going out and coming home and having fun :tongue:.
    I don't expect any serious dating to take place but we'll see. It's nice to have him around but I know how guys are when they are into the bar scene.
    Should I ask him exactly what he is looking for or just keep things as they are, kind of an extended trick but with a little bit more?

2. IdahoTom

IdahoTom New Member

Friendship is one thing, however if you are 4 years older and anything sexual happens (or accused of happening), then big, big trouble. If I remember the rule, 4 years younger (and obviously the older is an adult - 18 years or more) = child molester. There are also variations of statutory rape.

To protect children, they have to draw a line somewhere.

Age is funny in this country -- you can marry at 18 (or younger with consenting guardians), you can die for your country (for oil?) but you cannot be served an alcoholic drink.

3. IdahoTom

IdahoTom New Member

Correction -- 16 years YOUNGER than me.

Sorry to have misread that. Legally your covered if he is 18 or more.

If you enjoy each others company then its up to you both what you do. Age can be like cultures, the difference can be interesting but also more work.

4. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Too young is when the person in question is too immature to handle a relationship of whatever kind it is that you are looking for, or when you both feel that the difference between your ages is too substantive an obstacle to be outweighed by whatever it is that connects you.

Other than that, outside of the legal issue which varies by country and jurisdiction, age is just a number.

5. hotguy8884

hotguy8884 New Member

Age IS just a number.

If you feel the relationship is okay, and you don't find it awkward being with someone that much younger than you are, then there is no problem.

Although, if it feels awkward to be with someone that young, and the relationship hasn't developed too strongly yet, I would say that you should find someone you feel more comfortable with because if the relationship does escalate, you will notice an even larger age difference over time. Just think about what you were like sixteen years ago, and how you are now. You're on a whole different level of maturity.

Rob <3

6. like2playwbd

like2playwbd New Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the comments.
    Yes he's over 18! 24 actually,
    Hasn't felt too awkard but then it is nice at the same time.
    Thankfully he doesn't act his age, and I don't look mine, but he is new to the scene so I shouldn't expect any serious relationship. I could however use some new friends.
    And if there are benefits too, that is fine ;)

7. hotguy8884

hotguy8884 New Member

Haha, nice.

Well, having a younger 'friend' can be a good thing. At least he can make you feel a little younger again.

Hope things work out!

Rob <3

8. B_Swimming Lad

B_Swimming Lad New Member

I've shagged girls two years younger than me. But when your older age gaps mean less and less.

9. like2playwbd

like2playwbd New Member

Albums:
    That is a very good point!

10. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:
    My bf is 16 years older than me. All kinds of nonsense has followed. We have little in common in or out of the bedroom. Our views on life are nowhere near each other.

But, despite it all...I like being around him...so why worry about the age? If you two get along and things are fine...go with it.

11. exwhyzee

Gold Member

I generally look at a 2/3 my age guideline. So, if you are 25, then your cut off would be the age of consent. If you are 30 then 20 is the cut off. If you are 40, then 26. If you are 50, then the lowest age would be 33, and so on. No hard and fast rule, but I think when you stray from your own age too much, you tend to have very little in common and much different life experience and/or goals...but I agree with swimming lad that as you get older age gaps mean less and less.

Draft saved Draft deleted