Howard Dean, DNC & Super Delegates: The Problem?

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You probably googled 173rd airborne and saw some outdated shit about being in Afghanistan didn't you, are you that desperate?
That unit came home (in Italy) last week and I have only ever mentioned 2 brothers you little twit. I actually helped get carhartt to send them 750 pairs of poly pros and 5000 pairs of socks to back in November.
My brother is a staff sergeant in a forward observation squad in the 173D ABCT 2-503, of which a company was attached to 3rd Squadron, 1st Cavalry Regiment south of Baghdad at FOB Hammer, before the rest of the 2-503 deployed to Afghanistan. It is one of several companies which continued with the original deployment to Iraq, the rest of the 173rd was changed to Afghanistan late last year. This is how the 173rd is used , there were several companies attached to the 82nd in Afghanistan too.
The 173rd is a BRIGADE IT HAS NO REGIMENTS.
Quit talking about things you don't understand. Or should I give your address to my brother when he gets home and you two can sort it out.

The comment goes with the goatee.

wanna cam?

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
The only thing Howard Dean is qualified to do is sell used cars and I'm sure Hillary's staying in the race is in part to make the bastard's life as miserable as possible. I'm still holding out hope for a brokered convention. I'd like to see one in my lifetime. I mean, with everything going to hell in a handbasket, why not?

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll be damned, not a single story from the past year about any 173rd in Iraq.

But many about the 173rd in Afghanistan. I guess the 173rd in Iraq just dont get no respect.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If the democrat loses this November (and THAT is a very realistic possibility) ...

Keep drinking the cool-aid. There is no scenario that puts McCain in the whitehouse. 7 in 10 Americans (including GOP supporters) are against this war, this screwed up economy, screwed up housing market, weakness in the dollar.... i could go on.

This president has a 25% approval rating for crying out loud. McCain is viewed as a 3rd Bush term because of his stance on the war and being weak on economics.

The more likely scenario will be that conservatives just don't vote this year. McCain is not a conservative and that presents a problem for him. Unlike a lot of democrats, republicans don't always vote a straight party line. In fact, a lot of them put Bill in office for his second term.

Obama/Clinton would absolutely have to self destruct in the general for McCain to get a look. What happens now, how little impact on the general election. All the talk will be over soon. The DNC will have a nominee within 2 weeks, then all the focus turns to the general election. Its at this time we'll finally get to see how ill-equipped McCain is to take on Dems. There is so much contrast between McCain and the Democratic runners that it will be very easy for people to make their choice for president.

Unlike this primary season, we'll all know well before we even vote who will be the next President. My money is on the Dems this year. Even with all the "scandal" related to Obama... the GOP still lost 3 seats this primary season that had been held for years by them. Its a sure sign of things to come.

Even Rush Limbaugh is conceding a 20 seat loss in the senate. This is going to be a rough year for the GOP and they can thank GW Bush.

thorshammer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Looks like she fucked you up bubbles!
I can verify that the 173rd is a brigade and has no regiments (duh) and that they do frequently attach combat teams and companies to other units.
In fact tomorrow I can ask my buddy who is being debriefed at bragg right now as his 82nd unit just came home from trashcanistan, about this business, if it matters that much to you all.
I also think that her comment about getting carhartt to send shit to them is just too random and knowledgable to be a faker googling stuff, so shes either really a dude with a brother or a girl with a brother over there.
I'd say shes legit, Ive seen many other posts of hers before and she doesnt act like a faker, those types usually gravitate towards perverse shit.
anyway I'm out retro, I'll let you ponder my last post that was on subject some more...

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Looks like she fucked you up bubbles!
I can verify that the 173rd is a brigade and has no regiments (duh) and that they do frequently attach combat teams and companies to other units.
In fact tomorrow I can ask my buddy who is being debriefed at bragg right now as his 82nd unit just came home from trashcanistan, about this business, if it matters that much to you all.
I also think that her comment about getting carhartt to send shit to them is just too random and knowledgable to be a faker googling stuff, so shes either really a dude with a brother or a girl with a brother over there.
I'd say shes legit, Ive seen many other posts of hers before and she doesnt act like a faker, those types usually gravitate towards perverse shit.
anyway I'm out retro, I'll let you ponder my last post that was on subject some more...

i think you are her. A closet gay republican. Just come out with your gay self.

I did an anlaysis of your writings, and they are very similar.... plus the obsession with Pelosi, which is usually a male obsession. Hmmm...

many of her other posts, all 36 of them.

And I didn't read your shit, stooge.
it took her over an hour to post a response

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Keep drinking the cool-aid. There is no scenario that puts McCain in the whitehouse. 7 in 10 Americans (including GOP supporters) are against this war, this screwed up economy, screwed up housing market, weakness in the dollar.... i could go on.

This president has a 25% approval rating for crying out loud. McCain is viewed as a 3rd Bush term because of his stance on the war and being weak on economics.

The more likely scenario will be that conservatives just don't vote this year. McCain is not a conservative and that presents a problem for him. Unlike a lot of democrats, republicans don't always vote a straight party line. In fact, a lot of them put Bill in office for his second term.

Obama/Clinton would absolutely have to self destruct in the general for McCain to get a look. What happens now, how little impact on the general election. All the talk will be over soon. The DNC will have a nominee within 2 weeks, then all the focus turns to the general election. Its at this time we'll finally get to see how ill-equipped McCain is to take on Dems. There is so much contrast between McCain and the Democratic runners that it will be very easy for people to make their choice for president.

Unlike this primary season, we'll all know well before we even vote who will be the next President. My money is on the Dems this year. Even with all the "scandal" related to Obama... the GOP still lost 3 seats this primary season that had been held for years by them. Its a sure sign of things to come.

Even Rush Limbaugh is conceding a 20 seat loss in the senate. This is going to be a rough year for the GOP and they can thank GW Bush.

Not to mention the racist republican wing hates mexicans as much as they hate blacks, maybe more, and soft on immigration McCain is no their hero, I am sure many of them (which a a large portion of the GOP) will stay home.

So much for the racist vote. Any other GOP candidate would have been swell.

anettenorge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Actually, her brother has been in Iraq for the past four months, at least. Wiki says the 173rd is still in Afghanistan. Maybe they left recently, but they sure as hell haven't been in Iraq for the past four months.

You would think retards would at least research their lies first.

Wiki can make you look stupid.
I second the line about retards researching first...

Did you read my reply thoroughly or did it contain too many actual units and places? (and not the vague 173rd airborne which you incorrectly assumed was a 'regiment' and all of it's units in Afghanistan)

WifeofBath, my mom is from Stavanger. The whole family moved to the US when I was 3, but I'm sure you won't believe that either. Or will you hair split and say I shouldn't be claiming my norge heritage because I only lived there when I was a baby and am half American?

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
The only thing Howard Dean is qualified to do is sell used cars and I'm sure Hillary's staying in the race is in part to make the bastard's life as miserable as possible. I'm still holding out hope for a brokered convention. I'd like to see one in my lifetime. I mean, with everything going to hell in a handbasket, why not?
Thank God someone got this back to the thread.

For those who questioned my statements about how Dean could have named a nominee etc. Much of what I wrote was oversimplification with a bit of exaggeration thrown in. The main point is that the Democratic Party has had three opportunities to crown a nominee. That is all of a sudden Democrats everywhere start stepping forward to endorse a candidate and it didn't happen.

I see Dean as a loser. I really don't think the Democratic Party would be nearly as fragmented as it is now if some one more capable had been the Chairman.

I fully understand HazelGod. He is an independent who happens in this case to be for someone who happens to be a Democrat. Hazel freely admits that he has no loyalty to the Democratic Party. And he has no obligation to automatically throw his support to Hillary if something should happen to Obama.

It is to the "card carying" Democrats that I speak. Hillary is cunning. Hillary can be ruthless. Hillary is also brilliant. She does not have the charisma that Obama has. I don't know if she can give as good a State of the Union address that her husband could give or that Obama would give if he has the chance. Anyone that can say for certainty that Obama and Hillary administrartions would be drastically different if either are elected.

So we go on what each have said. For the life of me, I don't understand this strong uncompromising hostility among card carrying Democrats who say they have the same agenda with the two finalists Obama and Hillary whose agendas are remarkably similar. Their biggest difference is Health care. Clinton is the more liberal on that issue.

Again my first post was an attempt to get people talking about this main issue and that is. Could Dean, the DNC and the Super Delegates have acted in a way to bring this chapter to a close with a strong unified party.

That wouldn't have to mean Crown a King or Queen party.

Again it is my opinion and notice I said opinion not a fact, that Dean has the word loser all over him and that the first thing Obama needs to do is get rid of him and quick. IN the very unlikely event, should Hillary get the nomination she should do the same.

ON a side note, Hillary probably will take this to the convention on a symbolic note with Obama's blessing. Obama is just as interested in making a statement that the Democrats are about ending sexism as he is about Demodrats ending racism.

Why can't we celebrate with Hilllary what this campaign has meant for women equal rights? What does it hurt if there is a first ballot with actual voting even though we know that the Obama has a lead in pledged delegates. Of course the super delegates could change their minds the second before they vote, but i don't think they would.

In the end, Bill Clinton and Hillary will be up on the stage with Obama to a standing ovation. There is no doubt that the Clintons are loved.

There are three things I hope don't happen.

1. It will be obvious to the crowd that the crowed loves the Clintons more than Obama. This happened in 1976. The delegates voted for Ford, but it was obvious that they loved Reagen. Ford lost the general election.

2. I hope that when Hillary and Bill embrace Obama and symbolically "crown him king" on the stage after the nomination process is completed that the Obama supporters here and around the country won't still be talking about that bitch Hillary.

3. That in the unlikely event that Obama should name Hillary as his running mate and should Hillary accept, I won't have to read post after post about why people would be for Obama, but can't vote for him now because HILLARY IS ON THE TICKET. Horrors. Hillary has and can be a bitch sometimes in her personality, but what a stupid reason to bolt Obama and vote for McCain. Really.

There is a time to debate and campaign. There is a time to come together and be united. Hillary will come around. Obama is being very gracious and letting her do it on her own time. He even defended her little goof up about RFK. She has said a few "sweet nothings" about him. I'm not worried about Obama and Hillary "kissing and making up." It is their supporters on both sides that scare me. I'm not sure they will follow their candidates lead here.

There is where a real effective chairman of the party comes in or at least should come in.

Again, I can't see that happening with Dean playing a major role.

Thanks to all who have contributed and especially to those with kind words about me and what I have written. But I appreciate the comments that differed and also gave good reasons and I had to at least partly agree with some of you.

PS. I have the greatest respect for the person of John McCain. I respect him as a person more than I do anyone else who ran for president this year of either party. I believe he has integrity. But I can't accept his policies. I don't agree with his vision for our country. His agenda and my agenda are diametrically opposed. If I were just going on which person I have the most respect as a person it would be McCain. That does not mean I also believe he is the best person to lead this country for the next four or eight years. Respect is a consideration. But it is not the only consideration. Vision is by far the first consideration. Ability to lead others to see the vision and help see the vision (I agree with) carried out is second. McCain gets an F on both accounts.

Then there are the negatives. In this case, while I highly respect McCain as being an honest man with integrity, his biggest negative quality is he appears hot headed at times. That concerns me greatly. Concerns me that as he ages that could get worse. He will be 75 by the end of his first term. That has to be of some concern. The presidency of the United States is an awesome job with the hugest amount of responsibility for a person of any age much less 75 or 79.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
McCain is an old, senile man. He thinks being in Iraq for 100 years is A-OK, and during the Republican nomination had no problem with endorsements from the pastors he now rejects

His foreign policy is simplistic and stupid. He makes jokes about bombing Iran. War with Iran is no light matter, and I know he would do it in a heartbeat, regardless of the dire consequences for America.

McCain has voted with the Republicans on everything, including all the egregious invasions of our civil rights. His only saving grace is his opposition to torture, and some may say his desire to allow immigrants into America. Other than that, he is as right wing as they get.

Damn you must work at msnbc or something you have all the super liberal talking points down. I'm a democrat but even I am not stupid enough to believe a lot of that liberal propaganda. That 100 year statement was taken out of context, if you watched more than two seconds of that clip you might see. Obviously his target date of 2013 or whatever is just a little bit of clean up duty, but it is more realistic and favorable than an immediate withdraw of troops by your boy.

It was also obvious he "sought" the endorsements of those pastors so he could get those super conservatives to support him. Because they think he is not a real conservative, it was obvious when those guys were all on stage together. It was just for show nothing more.

And saying he is as right wing as you can get, are you serious? If a republican can get ann coulter to seriously consider voting for a democrat you are definitely not as right wing as you can get. Some of the things you have mentioned in this thread I seem to agree with but shit like this is just retarded.

If obama wins and stops the war it will be a disaster. It is too late for that we are stuck there for the long haul. We will be there another 20 years. I think obama knows that but is just claiming to end the war to get elected. We might as well secure our position in the global trade by securing the entire region's oil which is probably a big part of the reason we went there in the first place.

Back on topic, Dean is a complete ass clown.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
For the life of me, I don't understand this strong uncompromising hostility among card carrying Democrats who say they have the same agenda with the two finalists Obama and Hillary whose agendas are remarkably similar. Their biggest difference is Health care. Clinton is the more liberal on that issue.

I have to agree there, Freddie.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Don't underestimate Republicans. Even if they hate who their party nominates, they all pull together and support him in November. Bush should have lost in '04 yet they pulled out a miracle play and defeated the odds. Democrats need to support whoever the nominated is. They're not going to get anywhere if the party is still split come November.

Obama/Clinton would absolutely have to self destruct in the general for McCain to get a look.

And with the constant bashing and attacks from both sides of their campaign, that self destruction is well under way. You basically have two candidates with very similar platforms and policies running for office, yet everyone views one candidate with so much love and the other with utter detest. And for what grounds? Because one is a "bitch"? Because one might get "assassinated"? It really makes no sense.

What happens now, how little impact on the general election. All the talk will be over soon. The DNC will have a nominee within 2 weeks, then all the focus turns to the general election. Its at this time we'll finally get to see how ill-equipped McCain is to take on Dems. There is so much contrast between McCain and the Democratic runners that it will be very easy for people to make their choice for president.

But that happens every election. The Republican and the Democrat usually have very different stances on the issues. But a lot of people don't vote issues at all. They can't even focus on them in the Primary, nevermind the actual election when votes really count.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Yeah there is no realistic possibility that McCain can actually win this. :rolleyes: Just sit back and watch it happen if the Dems do not get their act straight soon.

Rush Limbaugh is conceding a 20-seat loss in the Senate? That would mean that only 1 Republican Senator is going to get re-elected this year. Does that seem a realistic possibility to you?

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wiki can make you look stupid.
I second the line about retards researching first...

My research concludes you have a penis.

That 100 year statement was taken out of context, if you watched more than two seconds of that clip you might see.

I know exactly what MCCain said, it was not taken out of context. He fucking meant it. He see no problem with having troops stationed in Iraq for 100 years, just like we have in Germany and Japan, because he is so naive he thinks Iraq is just like WW II, like most Neocon retards.

So dont insult my intelligence.

It was also obvious he "sought" the endorsements of those pastors so he could get those super conservatives to support him. Because they think he is not a real conservative, it was obvious when those guys were all on stage together. It was just for show nothing more.

What the fuck is this? "geeze, he only took slimeball's endorsements for political gain!!" How the fuck does that justify it?

"I only murdered him because I hated him."

Your explanation made no morla justification, it was a just vaccuous statement of why he accepted their endorsements.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The difference being that McCain didn't really believe in any of the shit those preachers are about, it was just for show. Your boy obama on the other hand...

I was kind of hoping you were going to respond to why you think Mccain is as right wing as they get, and not stick to the msnbc talking points.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The difference being that McCain didn't really believe in any of the shit those preachers are about, it was just for show. Your boy obama on the other hand...

what? Obama beleives the US government infected black with AIDS?

:rolleyes:

Is that the shit you are trying to pitch right now?