Howard Dean, DNC & Super Delegates: The Problem?

anettenorge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You talk like a dude, dude. You ain't a chick, so just drop the charade and go the fuck away.

At least you're consistent, I'll give you that too. You're using the same quality of reasoning and thought process as you did when you decided that the 173rd Airborne Brigade had no detachments in Iraq.
Now leave me alone, I've posted in this thread about my original comment (McCain etc.) and in many other topics since, so why don't you get over your obsession.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At least you're consistent, I'll give you that too. You're using the same quality of reasoning and thought process as you did when you decided that the 173rd Airborne Brigade had no detachments in Iraq.
Now leave me alone, I've posted in this thread about my original comment (McCain etc.) and in many other topics since, so why don't you get over your obsession.

What the fuck is that smell? Smells like sweaty balls in pantyhose.

anettenorge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Wow, you seem desperate for someone to engage you on that level

I know you are but what am I?
Now, there, do you feel better?

No wait here's a better one -the only thing that smells is your upper lip

How was that one? (I'm on the phone with my niece and I'm asking her what good 'cut downs' kids are saying these days)

anettenorge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I just reread your initial post and I agree that Dean, more than any other person should be held accountable when McCain wins.

Right now, according to several (not FOX kids) maps/polls McCain has 159 electoral votes locked in, Obama 102, the rest up for grabs.

Hillary has twice the chance of beating McCain than Obama will.

The media is falling for it's own bullshit again, just like last time when they were shocked when Bush won so handily- while trying to convince the American public that you might as well not vote or just vote for John Kerry because he is going to win anyway, they started believing their own hype.

Every republican in the nation right now feels a hell of a lot more confident about things than they did 6 months ago and it is largely the DNC and Deans own fault.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
I just reread your initial post and I agree that Dean, more than any other person should be held accountable when McCain wins.

Right now, according to several (not FOX kids) maps/polls McCain has 159 electoral votes locked in, Obama 102, the rest up for grabs.

Hillary has twice the chance of beating McCain than Obama will.

The media is falling for it's own bullshit again, just like last time when they were shocked when Bush won so handily- while trying to convince the American public that you might as well not vote or just vote for John Kerry because he is going to win anyway, they started believing their own hype.

Every republican in the nation right now feels a hell of a lot more confident about things than they did 6 months ago and it is largely the DNC and Deans own fault.

For the Obama supporters, does this not concern you coming from a conservative?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For the Obama supporters, does this not concern you coming from a conservative?
Of course it means something..Conseratives would rather run against Hillary than Obama...Realclearpolitics shows Senator Clinton beating McCain by 2%..It has Obama beating mccain by 1.8%. Not exactly a reason for the super to deny the winner of te pledged delegates.

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Of course it means something..Conseratives would rather run against Hillary than Obama...Realclearpolitics shows Senator Clinton beating McCain by 2%..It has Obama beating mccain by 1.8%. Not exactly a reason for the super to deny the winner of te pledged delegates.

Republicans have always wanted to run against Obama and they still want to run against Obama. (Propaganda to the contrary is misinformation to fool Democrats) They know he is the weaker candidate, has more they can exploit, is less known and many factors they hope to manipulate about Obama to use to their advantage. Of course Sen. Clinton has some of her own, but the Republicans know that she has a better chance of beating McCain. Anettenorge as a conservative points to this...

Deny the Winner of the Pledged Delegates? I'm so happy you stated that because there is no such thing.

Obama has won NOTHING. One more time. Obama has won absolutely nothing! If a candidate has not secured the necessary number of delegates the candidate has NOT won. The reason why a candidate has not secured the necessary number of delegates to secure the nomination is because two candidates have locked up almost the same number of votes. Almost equal. One candidate has a slight lead, but that lead is so insubtantial that that candidate has not been able to secure the nomination and probably will not secure the nomination by by the last primary.

Obama is not being Denied anything. Each of candidates must have the support of the SuperDelegates in order to win.

As the candidate who is behind Obama's slight lead, Sen. Clinton beating McCain by a greater margin is highly significant. Sen. Clinton may win the popular vote. Sen. Clinton also has a stronger argument to win the General Election which has been pointed out by Clinton and Obama supporters alike. All of this makes Sen. Clinton's argument very strong as the Democratic Nominee to beat John McCain.

A Slight lead doesn't do it. A greater number of states won in the Primary doesn't do it. Nomination requires the magic number and this primary is almost deadlocked. The tie must be broken by the SuperDelegates. The SuperDelegates can take into account a lead in pledged delegates however by no means should that be the deciding factor when by no rule or guideline that means anything but a slight lead.

Winner? I reiterate. The Winner has yet to be determined. Even if SuperDelegates come out and endorsed Obama helping him to reach the current magic number of 2026, a Winner is still not final until all those pledged delegates and SuperDelegates cast their vote for the Nominee at the Convention.

Last edited:

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
All this talk about if MCain would rather run against Hillary or Obama. I do believe that McCain would rather run against Obama, but for a different reason than many do. While I disagree with McCain, I don't doubt his sincerity. I believe that McCain would rather lose than take a chance on Obama being president. I believe that McCain sincerely would rather Hillary run the country than Obama. McCain trusts Hillary more on foreign affairs. There is a lot more than just Iraq. Hillary will get us out of Iraq but not as fast as Obama. It will be a more disciplined and methodical withdrawal.

McCain and Hillary are both seasoned supporters of Israel. McCain doesn't see Obama taking the steps that Hillary would take concerning protecting Israel including a skirmish with Iran if necessary.

I also suspect that McCain trusts Hillary with China and Russia more as well. Obama and HIllary's domestic plans are quite similar. Their foreign policy might be very different over time.

So in the event that McCain loses which McCain knows is a very likely possibility, he would rather see Hillary than Obama in the White House.

So...he is running like crazy against Obama. McCain would like to pucnh Obama out of the race right now.

Hillary and McCain are friends. I doubt McCain and Obama are. They all know each other in the Senate and know each other well.

The thing about being a President is just in a moment of truth in foreign policy either the person who is president is a person you trusts or a person you don't.

I don't trust Bush. I don't trust McCain. I do trust Hillary and I do trust Obama.

But I suspect that McCain trusts Hillary, but does not trust Obama when it comes to a major world confrontation scene that requires decisive action.

To the Obama supporters here. Please note that I am giving what I believe to be McCain's thinking on this, not mine.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
All this talk about if MCain would rather run against Hillary or Obama. I do believe that McCain would rather run against Obama, but for a different reason than many do. While I disagree with McCain, I don't doubt his sincerity. I believe that McCain would rather lose than take a chance on Obama being president. I believe that McCain sincerely would rather Hillary run the country than Obama. McCain trusts Hillary more on foreign affairs. There is a lot more than just Iraq. Hillary will get us out of Iraq but not as fast as Obama. It will be a more disciplined and methodical withdrawal.

McCain and Hillary are both seasoned supporters of Israel. McCain doesn't see Obama taking the steps that Hillary would take concerning protecting Israel including a skirmish with Iran if necessary.

I also suspect that McCain trusts Hillary with China and Russia more as well. Obama and HIllary's domestic plans are quite similar. Their foreign policy might be very different over time.

So in the event that McCain loses which McCain knows is a very likely possibility, he would rather see Hillary than Obama in the White House.

So...he is running like crazy against Obama. McCain would like to pucnh Obama out of the race right now.

Hillary and McCain are friends. I doubt McCain and Obama are. They all know each other in the Senate and know each other well.

The thing about being a President is just in a moment of truth in foreign policy either the person who is president is a person you trusts or a person you don't.

I don't trust Bush. I don't trust McCain. I do trust Hillary and I do trust Obama.

But I suspect that McCain trusts Hillary, but does not trust Obama when it comes to a major world confrontation scene that requires decisive action.

To the Obama supporters here. Please note that I am giving what I believe to be McCain's thinking on this, not mine.

There is a lot of truth to this. It is pretty obvious that McCain would trust a candidate who would stay the course in Iraq with limited withdrawal v/s one who wants to completely withdraw in a couple of years at the most. Its human nature, it he is going to lose to Hillary he would still have the satisfaction of knowing that she views foriegn policy the same way he does (to a certain extent).