Howard Dean goes nuts!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

mhk: Hey, for all you Howard Dean supporters out there, or anyone actually, check out this link:

www.deangoesnuts.com

It has some very funny song remix's and other interesting info.

2. jonb

Gold Member

::sits back silently, enjoying the latest meme:: I see his plan is to appeal to all your base instincts. *ba-rump-pump-shh*

3. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Heh. I don't care what the negative reports have been saying... if anything, Dean's passionate as hell about doing something with this country to help correct it, and that's really refreshing. He can "nuts" out on me any time; I'd still appreciate it.

4. Imported

Gold Member

mhk: Yes...Exactly... I am a Dean supporter. We need someone with a personality for a change. I little emotion is good.

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

[quote author=mhk link=board=99;num=1075582480;start=0#3 date=02/02/04 at 13:10:48]Yes...Exactly...  I am a Dean supporter.  We need someone with a personality for a change.  I little emotion is good.[/quote]

Yeah but his campaign theme is "Vote for me or I'll kill you!"

Pecker

My grandson thought "Old Yeller" was about Howard Dean.

6. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: Heh. I'm a member of the ABBA[sup]1[/sup] party, so...

[hr]

[sup]1[/sup]Anybody But Bush Again!

7. Synergistic

Synergistic Member

Albums:
  8. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Dean only feeds the public (potential votes from pissy Bush haters) what they want to hear, not what the country really needs. On top of that, he isn't presenting a true and accurate picture of who he would really be as president of the United States. He's lying before he even gets to office. Ask anyone from the state of Vermont what he was like as Governer, and see if that matches the way he presents himself or the opinions he holds now. Nope. Sorry, but that isn't refreshing to me at all.

9. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

...and the country really needs somebody who's still trying to fake it about those WMDs, the war, supporting the environment, giving a shit about Mars, defining American, forcing poor fuckers like me to finance a war I didn't authorize, leaving children behind...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

10. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: I wouldn't say Bush is faking anything, in fact I truly think he is trying to do the right thing, truly doing what he believes in. And I happen to agree with him, and THAT, boyo, is refreshing.

What's also refreshing is knowing that he will get re-elected by a landslide.

11. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: Look Gigz...its obvious that you support Bush, and that he is the best, most honest, glorious, smart, and pro active President the US has had in a long time.

At the same time it is very obvious that if I ask ANYONE in Vermont they will tell me Dean lied...about everything he ever said.
    I also know that you know, way ahead of us, that Dean will not be the president he says hell be. You know why I know this? Because yóu said it my friend.

Bush is the best thing the world has encountered up till now. There havent been ány killings anymore in Iraq. For example, there havent been any prison raids, bomb attacks, helicopters shot down, assasinations, or suicide attacks ever since the red white and blue marched in the country. The US is having the bést trade balance its had in years, the economy is on a rol.

Politically, all the leaders are dancing the hoochy koochy because they get along so well.

And ya know what Im really thankfull for...like really really really? Like the totally most thankfullest in the whole wide world? That Bush went into Iraq with full, honest...and lets not forget, to the public disclosed motives. Im so glad he knew for a fact that Iraq had WMDs when not even the CIA or the UN knew. Im so glad he has that X ray vision! Woohoo!

And for all of those things he did, I think I would definately vote for him in a next term.

Too bad he didnt, and he will lose.

12. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Actually, dumbass, the UN did know that Saddam had WMD's, it was common knowledge.  Due to all the agreements violated since the Gulf War, something had to eventually be done about Saddam. If you ever read any of the links I post, you would know this.  You like to roll around in your own ignorance, though, don't you?  No, Bush isn't the greatest president ever, but he is far superior to any Democratic candidate.  Notice I didn't knock any other candidates like Kerry or Edwards becase they are not liars, but Dean is.  You can choose to believe it or not.  Point is, I am glad that Bush prevented anymore terrorist attacks in this country, because if you pull your head out of your ass and open your eyes you will see that this country hasn't been attacked SINCE 9/11.  Maybe he's spent too much money on the war, maybe he could have concentrated on more issues in this country, but I generally support his choices.  This is what I believe, my opinion.  So why don't you just scoot your obnoxious, sarcastic ass out of here, because I am so fucking sick of you. Can somebody say, "whiny twerp who doesn't even live in this country"?

And I am so glad more then 50% of America agrees with me and that he will be re-elected, asshole.

13. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1075582480;start=0#11 date=02/14/04 at 12:54:25]Actually, dumbass, [. . .] if you pull your head out of your ass [. . .] scoot your obnoxious, sarcastic ass out of here, because I am so fucking sick of you. [. . .] he will be re-elected, asshole.[/quote]

One, you damage your own case when you lose your temper.

Two, for a straight guy, you're pretty fixated on Javier's ass. :)

Three, it's a shame that the media used the "South Dakota, Michigan, Washington -- yeaaaww!" speech to show Howard Dean's 'out of control' nature. In context, that wasn't so bad.

From 1996 to 2002, Dean appeared as a regular panelist on a Canadian talk show called "The Editors". Snippets have appeared on US TV -- particularly a comment where Dean had some disparaging comments about the Iowa caucuses. His overall performance, however, would have been much more damaging to Dean. He was disrespectful to other guests, interrupting them and shouting over them in order to remain heard. This sort of behavior turns me off on Hardball, but it was completely out of place on this show.

14. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1075582480;start=0#11 date=02/14/04 at 12:54:25]Actually, dumbass, the UN did know that Saddam had WMD's, it was common knowledge.  Due to all the agreements violated since the Gulf War, something had to eventually be done about Saddam.  If you ever read any of the links I post, you would know this.  You like to roll around in your own ignorance, though, don't you?  No, Bush isn't the greatest president ever, but he is far superior to any Democratic candidate.  Notice I didn't knock any other candidates like Kerry or Edwards becase they are not liars, but Dean is.  You can choose to believe it or not.  Point is, I am glad that Bush prevented anymore terrorist attacks in this country, because if you pull your head out of your ass and open your eyes you will see that this country hasn't been attacked SINCE 9/11.  Maybe he's spent too much money on the war, maybe he could have concentrated on more issues in this country, but I generally support his choices.  This is what I believe, my opinion.  So why don't you just scoot your obnoxious, sarcastic ass out of here, because I am so fucking sick of you.  Can somebody say, "whiny twerp who doesn't even live in this country"?

And I am so glad more then 50% of America agrees with me and that he will be re-elected, asshole.[/quote]

Ouch...temper temper...

First: The UN knew one thing, that Iraq wasnt letting in inspectors, and that the no-fly zones were not respected fully. Yes something needed to be done...but Gigz my rather mentally challenged friend, you know what that thing was? Inspections! I know Bush is such an illerate that he mistook the word for WAR!...but still...ignorance, as in your case, is no excuse.

Inspections followed, Saddam complied ....yes ...eventually. So to stick to your UN point. The UN didnt want to attack....so gigz, if the UN is now the key focus in your plea, then in your opinion the Us also should have complied with what the UN thought in that particualr moment right? Great...im glad were seeing eye to eye. So you agree that the US should not have taken thing into own hands. Tears in my eyes dude, tears-in-my-eyes! We agree...

The 9/11 thing...ever noticed you havent been attacked like that beFORE 9/11? The US cole?...O but then the several attacks in Iraq killing hundreds of American soldiers count too.

O yeah by the way...this point has been made by several people already...try to finally remember something in that holeridden head of yours.

45% of America agrees with you...whoops!...another one down...no majority...

I am glad I am Dutch and Spanish and very proud of it. At the same time you have shown your ignorance, and your American chauvisism. Why? Because this is not US politics my friend...this is WORLD politics...

Laterz

15. lacsap1

lacsap1 New Member

Albums:
    [quote author=Javierdude24 link=board=99;num=1075582480;start=0#13 date=02/15/04 at 16:21:56]

45% of America agrees with you...whoops!...another one down...no majority...
    I am glad I am Dutch and Spanish and very proud of it. At the same time you have shown your ignorance, and your American chauvisism. Why? Because this is not US politics my friend...this is WORLD politics...

Laterz
    [/quote]

As European, Dutchman by birth, I'm always supriced how ignorance some American can be and even supporting this dreadful and destructive George W.
    Are ties simple, softheaded people following any news or current affairs programmes? Here in Western Europe we're still in disillusion how a "rich bitch" son of a fromer
    US president steal unlawfull the oval office.
    This guy got every thing handed on a silverplate.
    Was good-for-nothing at school. Had an problem with alcohol, during his compulsory military service nowhere close to Vietnam and stayed home with mama being so called sick. As texas gouverneur thought that his high deadrow killings will give him a golden medal for peacekeeping. This guy now in the oval office renounced worldpeace and stability. Made unemployement and financial chaos at the US state budget and public debt. The unbelieveble spending of public expenditure at (unlawfull) wars and socalled considerations of (unlawfull) safety what won't help a thing and only make more simple American frightened for nothing.

Okay, one positive thing of George W. by all this above he made my Euro currency higher and puts the US dollar low. So cheap holidays at dollarland....

Keep up the good work George and I will make big money out of your destruction of the (US) world :D

16. jonb

Gold Member

Well, one reason Merkins can support Bush is because the news programs lie to us. Basically, the press secretary gives the news programs their news for them.

17. Imported

Gold Member

grantstephens: I'm not sure what news your getting but the economy is just fine in the US.  Don't let reports of 2.5 million jobs lost sound so bad considering that 2.3 million were created during that time.  Also, the jobs data doesn't take into conderation self-employement such as myself.  Many of the dot comers opened up their own business and do pretty well for themselves now.

I know Bush ain't perfect, but in this aggresive world we now live in, I'm glad Gore is not in charge and I don't want Kerry in there either. You know Kerry is just being thrown to the wolves 'casue the Dems want Hillary to run in '08 without an incumbent to go againts.

Bush didn't win the election illegally, it was the Gore camp that kept recounting over and over again disregarding the results. No matter how many time they counted, Bush still won Florida.  The Supreme Court just stepped in and said enough is enough.

18. Imported

Gold Member

tomarctus: To some of you who post in this thread and plan to vote for GWB:

I hope you get G.W.Bush's next war to insure he will be re-elected. And, of course Bin-Laden will be trotted out to prove how good GW is at fighting terrorism. Forget that Afghanistan has been levelled and their "president" is a Cheny crony. Forget that Chalabi in Iraq is a CIA friend, and Karzai is also a puppet. Don't even get me started about the kidnapping of Aristide from Haiti and the shenanigans WashDC is playing there.

The economy is not great for anyone but the rich. Jobs, good and bad are leaving the country to Mexico, India, China and all over. There are soon to be no food products grown in the USA, no products manufactured here, no clothing, no tradition passed down parent to child, no fine arts at all, no anything. The USA will have to depend on Chile or food until their next military coup. Or Mexico until the next listeria outbreak. Or the mid-east for oil until the next embargo. No one will make ships, boats, planes, furniture, clothing, musical instruments, electronics, or anything of real value. Everyone in the US will work for 50cents an hour to support CEO salaries but will not be able to buy the products they make or sell.

There is no, I repeat NO safety net for the disabled, poor, retired or poor. The President and the California Governor have made sure of that. I am still trying to get my Social Security Disability benefits. I applied four months ago and they can take five more months to do nothing. Then, when and if they do approve my claim I will finally get a retroactive check. In the meantime there is absolutely no safety net to help me pay for my rent, food, medication and utilities while the so-called Federal Government is deciding whether or not my AIDS complications meet their definition of disability .  

I worked non stop for 24 years while being hiv positive. I didn't ask for any hand outs that you Republicans so despise. I contributed about $100K into my own disability benefits not to mention the compound interest the government has earned on my contributions. But do I get any help? Hell no! I have to spend myself into poverty while waiting. After I'm broke I have to go into debt. After that I have to file for bankruptcy. That is how our government helps those in need. What absolute crap. The USA is not a civilized country. Maybe it never was. It is puritanical, judgemental, xenophobic, punitive and cruel. Unless, of course you are one of the upper 1% who has the cash wealth to weather any storm. Those wealthy folk even have their cash off shore to avoid sharing the tax burden.

Believe it or not, I am patriotic, I have loved my home country all my life. Right now, as a gay man who is being villified by politicians on the right-wing, as a man who needs a safety net, as a man is being forced into destitution after 30 hard years of work and contributing to the system, as a man who has voted in every election, I am furious and feel disenfranchised. Not since the protests against the VietNam War in the late '60's early '70's have I felt this much animosity toward my own government.

When the superior, holier-than-you Republicans and fundamentalists on this site gloat in their opinions I have no choice but to fight back. Their position not superior to mine.

The next 8 months promise to be contentious and repulsive politically to all of us. There will probably be so much nastiness none of us can stand it. The mainstream TV and newspaper and radio media will, as usual, misrepresnt the truth and most citizens will go along with the popular ads. Even the non-citizens that Bush wants to allow to vote will skew the results.
    I hope the USA and the world will endure this mess.

19. jay_too

jay_too New Member

[quote author=lacsap1 link=board=99;num=1075582480;start=0#14 date=02/22/04 at 14:41:29]
    Okay, one positive thing of George W. by all this above he made my Euro currency higher and puts the US dollar low. So cheap holidays at dollarland....

Keep up the good work George and I will make big money out of your destruction of the (US) world :D
    [/quote]
    Grant..

What Pascal was referring to is that when Dubya took office the $ was was worth around 1.15 Euros; today it is worth around .85 Euros (a decline of say 25% or so). To some Americans and economists this is a concern. On the other hand, Europeans just :).

jay

20. jonb

Gold Member

Well, tom, it depends: AIDS is a disability, namely a disabled immune system. HIV (which isn't the same as AIDS; AIDS is caused by HIV, but not all HIV cases evolve into AIDS) isn't, but can mean discrimination simply because it's associated with being gay or using IV drugs.

What's funny about those 'handouts', though, is that they're usually very sensible things. For example, Braille (and Lynx), ramps and elevators, and ASL and closed captioning. Or if it's not a disability, it's simply assuring that people who suffer equality won't have their application in the circular file before they leave the building.

Draft saved Draft deleted