How'd you meet your partner/wife? Waiting time??

wader55

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Re-entering the scene after a little time off. Wondering how people meet their wife/girlfriend/partner? How long did you wait after the first date did you have sex?

My last bf I met through a friend but those possibilities don't seem to be there anymore. We waited about 5 weeks after the first date to have sex. For me, it was worth the wait.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Wife: Met at university...sex after 1 year and on our honeymoon...mother of my first son...

LT Male partner: Met at construction site...sex about 1 month...

LT Female partner: Flight Attendent...met on a flight...sex on the 2nd date...mother of my second son...

LT Male partner: Met at gym...sex about 2 months...

Last edited:

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I met my wife in college back in the early 1970s. I don't remember but I think we went out 4 or 5 times over about a month before we had sex.

Apparently, she thought that was too long. She told me afterward that she was beginning to think I was gay.

louielouie82

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My other half and I met through a mutual friend. We all worked at the same place (albeit in different departments), and lived in the same neighborhood. We were properly introduced at our neighborhood bar, though we'd known of each other for years since we'd traveled in such similar circles.

I can no longer remember how long we went before sexual contact. I'm thinking it was 3 weeks. That normally would be highly unusual for me since I'm such a horndog... but it was just weird timing for me. I was still mourning the loss of my previous bf, and really had no interest in anyone else. It took a lot of convincing for me to even consider letting anyone else in my life at that time.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I met TheBF at a coffeeshop and we were both instantly attracted to one another, but I already had a boyfriend. He was a new friend of my friends and he fit in with the group so well that he was always around, so we became acquaintances but we kept enough distance between us that we weren't actually friends ourselves. A few months later I broke up with my boyfriend, but I didn't know that he was leaving town to return home just a week later! We kept in touch by phone and planned a weekend together. It was after a month of talking on the phone together, about 5 weeks after I broke up with my boyfriend. Neither of us planned on having sex together that weekend, but we ended up in bed late that first night and stayed in bed all day the next day... It was wonderful!

It wasn't like the typical first date. We had talked on the phone for 1-3 hours every single day for about a month, probably over 100 hours total, which is a lot more getting to know each other than most couples do in the first 3-6 months, more than likely. We didn't need to get to know each other better on our first date, I knew him so well already, so I didn't feel any guilt about sleeping with him so soon! Besides, after we had already talked so much, and after I knew that he got along with all my friends so well, the only thing left to discover was if our attraction translated into actual physical compatibility. It did! :smile:

He's had me wrapped around his finger ever since.

Last edited:

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have had several lovers with whom I had sex on the first date. I always admired them, not only because I got laid, but for their sexual confidence and the fact that they did not in any way feel "guilty" about it.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I started dating my now wife late in June. she had been friends (not real close) with the gal I dated before her. that relationship ended in Feb. I didn't date for about a month. but then I fell back on an old, "see now and then, let's fuck" relationship. so I wasn't doing without, did a few other gals also.

we had sex about 10 days after we hooked up informally in a bar on a Wednesday nite. Friday nite was first date, Saturday nite the second, by Sunday I was pretty sure, she was ready, but that didn't happen. We next got together Friday nite, and after a few drinks, I just asked her if she wanted to fuck, "you bet, if you didn't ask, I was gonna ask you."