HPV

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
YUK! I was hoping to find something about Human Powered Vehicles!

That looks REALLY NASTY!!!!
All I can say is DON'T FUCK STRANGERS IN THE DARK!

D

deleted8522

The human papilloma virus is well known to contribute to cervical cancer and currently in the country that i live in there is a programme to vaccinate against hpv in order to protect against cancer, however it is also known that hpv is usually only found in sexually active people so some conservative people who refuse to acknowledge that their daughters are having sex refuse to let their daughters have the vaccination, thus predisposing them to cancer. Idiots.

Ragin'4 fun

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do not have a daughter but do have a 12 year-old boy which means I know lots of girls who of of the age to start taking the vaccine. I have heard nothing negative about the vaccine as a matter of fact most pediatricians are just adding it into the series of boosters given in that age range , which I believe starts as early as 9! I have not heard any parent speak against the vaccine and these parents are pretty conservative at a ridiculously over-priced private school.

I decided to go ahead and google the virus this morning and was surprised to see there's a breaking story from USA Today that says thepharmaceutical company is urging the FDA to approve the vaccine for boys as well because of the risk or oral cancer when having oral sex with an infected female.

HPV causing oral cancers in men; vaccine urged for boys - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

Since the virus can lay dormant for awhile before it becomes so obvious and so scary looking this would make sense. If it is approved for this use I will make sure my son gets it. We all know oral can often be the first acts kids do. As his mother I don't neccessarily want to know what he may do but I do want to know he is protected no matter what he does.

It is an STD; parents against it may as well be against condoms.:rolleyes:

walla99

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
What are interested in discussing? The vaccine? The virus itself?

HPV is a very prevalent virus and 80% of sexually active women will get it at some point in their lifetime. There is a test for women, but not for men. So although we don't have exact numbers, we know men must still have high percentages as the women are getting if from somewhere.

90% will clear the virus from their body through their immune system within two years. There are over 100 different viruses that cause warts and over 30 of those are sexually transmitted. Only a few types are the strains that can lead to cervical cancer. (See the cdc website on hpv.)

I'm not sure how I feel about the vaccine just yet. Still fairly new and I don't think it should be mandatory. I'm not against it though. Like Ragin' said, they are seeing more cases of oral and throat cancers due to oral sex.

Condoms are not the only answer since both hpv and herpes can be transmitted through the skin by areas not covered by a condom.

Hugh G. Rection

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Walla is 100% correct!!!

OK first thing you should know is that this vaccine is still classified as EXPERIMENTAL!! They tested it for less than a year, while most vaccines have multiple years of testing. Even if it did protect you from a few strains of HPV, the "protection" is only predicted to last for 5 years.
The Texas Governor, Rick Perry, is on the board of directors for Merck, the company that makes Gardasil. He tried to make a law forcing girls to take this vaccine in 2007!!! Conflict of interest?
Merck has a bad track record when it comes to releasing harmful products.

Also if you already have HPV and get the vaccine your risk of getting cancer is increased!

Now you all should read these. The first is from a researcher who helped make the vaccine.
Researcher blasts HPV marketing - More opposition to Gardasil

VACCINATION RISK AWARENESS NETWORK -"HPV - HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS—Vaccine Not Proven Safe"

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/dec/07121905.html

Want to know more? Try keywords like "Gardasil increased risk, gardasil adverse reaction, gardasil experimental, etc."

One of my parents is a family physician and strongly opposes this vaccine as the HPV risk is so incredibly low, especially if you get your routine pap smears.

For the love of god don't take this vaccine.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The human papilloma virus is well known to contribute to cervical cancer and currently in the country that i live in there is a programme to vaccinate against hpv in order to protect against cancer, however it is also known that hpv is usually only found in sexually active people so some conservative people who refuse to acknowledge that their daughters are having sex refuse to let their daughters have the vaccination, thus predisposing them to cancer. Idiots.
Fortunately I do not have HPV, but I do have a great Gyn who is giving me the vaccination course (for the few strains that are covered), without regard to that age nonsense. :smile:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
i'm republican, christian and conservative. You better bet i'd give this shot to my daughter. I was sexually active from the age of 12. I had a biopsy on my cervix to check for cancer due to an abnormal pap and HPV when i was 18. I will do whatever it takes to prevent my daughter from having the problems that I, and many other women have had. I was practically a preachers daughter and if i was doing what i did....there is no telling what my kid could do.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
i'm republican, christian and conservative.

Huh. And here we seemed to get along so well. :tongue:

Just get vaxed, people.

The number of people not getting their kids vaxed now is scary. I hate how diseases we have nearly eliminated are likely to come back to disfigure and kill children because people believe unfounded claims that the vaccines cause autism and other such nonsense.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most HPV viruses don't cause warts and the incidence of HPV is really high, you can ask to be tested for HPV when you have your smear, I think it's a valuable thing to do because if you have HPV it's also a good idea to have smears once a year instead of three yearly (I don't know how often they're advised in the USA, over here if they're normal it's three yearly). I have a friend who works in Christie's (cancer hospital) and she says they often see women who are dying of cancer despite having a smear every three years.

Ragin'4 fun

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most HPV viruses don't cause warts and the incidence of HPV is really high, you can ask to be tested for HPV when you have your smear, I think it's a valuable thing to do because if you have HPV it's also a good idea to have smears once a year instead of three yearly (I don't know how often they're advised in the USA, over here if they're normal it's three yearly). I have a friend who works in Christie's (cancer hospital) and she says they often see women who are dying of cancer despite having a smear every three years.

In the U.S. smears are done once a year at women's annual ob/gyn appt. After normal mammograms, you can wait 2-3 years for another but it is not advised for paps.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
When i had an abnormal pap smear and the hpv, i had to go in every 3 months for a pap for the first year.

Guy-jin, most poeple i talk to arent my religious or political association. Mainly because im not judgemental about people and i only recently began to reveal my associations as proof that you can be what i am not be a gay-hating republican religious zealot.

None the less, i dont believe that vaccines have anything to do with autism, since males and female children alike are being vaccinated and yet 90% if autistic children are male. We are the rare exception to have an autistic daughter.

Its like all that hoopla about aluminum chloride in deodorants being the cause of breast cancer.

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
YUK! I was hoping to find something about Human Powered Vehicles!

That looks REALLY NASTY!!!!
All I can say is DON'T FUCK STRANGERS IN THE DARK!

90% of the time you can't know that the other person has HPV. But this is a good tip none-the-less...

Always know what you're sticking your head into or always know what's sticking its head in you.

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Guy-jin, most poeple i talk to arent my religious or political association. Mainly because im not judgemental about people and i only recently began to reveal my associations as proof that you can be what i am not be a gay-hating republican religious zealot.

This is a very rare thing... Most of the time the people who aren't gay hating religious zealots who are of the same affiliation as you... Are just still in transition from one side to the other.

When you look around in your group and notice that everyone hates YOU because you don't hate everyone else for the same reasons as them... It's time to get the fuck out.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
One of my friends had to have a hysterectomy a couple of years ago because of several lesions that started out as pre-cancers and were progressing very quickly. She opted to have everything removed because she did not want to risk anything spreading. The doctor told her that HPV was the cause of her lesions.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the U.S. smears are done once a year at women's annual ob/gyn appt. After normal mammograms, you can wait 2-3 years for another but it is not advised for paps.
Unfortunately, this guideline is not universal in the U.S.
I started getting pap smears each year at 17, when I was 23, the insurance company (HMO) decided to only pay for every other year. When I turned 30, my current insurance company (PPO) changed it to every 2-3 years. Early last December, I had my annual and received a $463 bill two weeks ago, which I paid, because my Ins Co. won't cover annual exams due to my being healthy, no existing conditions, pregnant, etc. Blahhhh! :mad:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
StraightCock4her:

Actually most people i associate with are either the total opposite in their beliefs and we get along for other reasons or they do believe what i do and dont expect me to hate anyone. We really dont talk about groups of people and how we should feel about them. We are usually enjoying a margarita and talking about our lives and our kids, etc. I like my political affiliation and dont plan to change it any time soon. Actually with every election im a stronger republican, not a weaker one.

Im just the exception to most peoples stereotypes for christians, conservatives and republicans. I've found that non-religious, liberal democrats are worse about telling me who i shouldnt like than people who believe the way i do. Often times i incur way more stereotypes thrown on me for my small percentage around here.

I know its hard to like someone who claims the 3 horrible affiliations that i do, but i do have more to who i am than how i vote on a ballat. It seems like democrats have less understanding of republicans/christians/conservatives because they dont associate with them. Its obvious if you had friends who believed like me, you wouldnt believe that im in some transition phase to your party. We can be likeable people with functioning lives. I'm not picketing at funerals, denying my child vaccines and acting holier than thou. Refer to this post to understand how i am. http://www.lpsg.org/70935-what-is-wrong-with-christians.html#post1151270

http://www.lpsg.org/70935-what-is-wrong-with-christians-2.html#post1151308 part 2

I dont mean to turn the HPV thread into my beliefs and explaning them. It just happened to be a part of the "All Christians are in denial" and trying to make people stop generalizing us.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Is that really hoopla though?

How do you explain males not getting cancerous cell growths starting in their lymph nodes closest to the armpits since the active ingredient in their anti-perspirants is also alumunum chloride? Cells are cells, regardless of their DNA.