HR 3006 Immigration

ruinean

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you are gay, part gay, or just support the rights of citizens to CHOOSE their own family composition then you should read this.

A house bill has been introduced to exempt from immigration quotas "permanent partners" of any citizen, to allow them to immigrate as a permanent resident.

My brother having struck out with American females (he says they all think they have pussies made of gold; perhaps the straight guys here will understand what he means) has been bride shopping in Russia and Eastern Europe. I met a great guy in Romania and I have ZERO chance of EVER being with him unless I move to Romania, or finance a move for two guys from two countries to a third nation.

If HR 3006 becomes law I can have the same right to have the love of my life live with me in America as my straight brother has.

Here is a good article on the issue; http://http://www.nclrights.org/projects/uniting_american_families.htm

which says in part

Congress is currently considering a bill that would grant U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents the right to sponsor their same-sex permanent partners to immigrate to the United States. The Uniting American Families Act (UAFA) (formerly Permanent Partners Immigration Act) is a proposed bill that would provide same-sex couples with the same immigration benefits as opposite-sex couples. 2005 H.R. 3006; 2005 S. 1278 ; formerly, PPIA 108 S. 1510. Representative Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) first introduced this bill, then known as the Permanent Partners Immigration Act, to Congress in 2000. In July 2003, Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT), introduced the Senate companion bill, for the first time. By the end of the 108th Congress, the PPIA had garnered 129 co-sponsors in the House and 12 co-sponsors in the Senate. On July 21, 2005, the bill was re-introduced under the new name, the Uniting American Families Act, in both chambers of Congress as H.R. 3006 and S. 1278.

The reason I am posting here is that I found out about this from a letter to the editor by a Birch Society member today in the local rag. By now there are hundreds of letters to our congressman asking to get this bill killed in the name of Jesus and the unborn. What I want you to do is take a few minutes of your time and write to YOUR congressmen and senators asking that this bill pass in the name of all that is good in America. I am asking you to spread the word of this bill, and to seek justice.

Here is a link to your congressman and senators:

http://http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/

You would be surprised how fast word can spread and positive action result from just a few minutes of your thought and time. Here is your chance to do something good.

Thank you for reading.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Sorcerer said:
Thanks for posting this. I'm writing my congressman immediately. It's going to be tough to get this one passed.
edit---
After a tiny bit of investigation, it seems my wonderful Rep co-sponsors this legislation. I wrote him anyway thanking him and letting him know a couple constituants in this little town support him.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Sorcerer said:
Thanks for posting this. I'm writing my congressman immediately. It's going to be tough to get this one passed.

I'll be surprised if this even gets out of committe, what with the uber christians in charge these days, but we definately have the responsibility to try and let out voices be heard!

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
davidjh7 said:
I'll be surprised if this even gets out of committe, what with the uber christians in charge these days, but we definately have the responsibility to try and let out voices be heard!

There's a very good chance it will be but a first step but we have to start somewhere. One thing...nowhere does it contain the word that makes the fundies scream...marriage.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
ruinean --thanks for posting this here. This is an important issue. I know a guy whose partner is currently stuck in Canada (they were living in CA at the time and took a trip). Due to more post9-11 restrictions, they are saying he can not come back for 5 years, I think. UGH.

Dr Rock said:
i swore i'd never, ever, do this, but ... bump

See, people have you ALL WRONG.