Hubby

sares

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Spladle said:
Why not just go with "my husband?"
because it gets awkward in some sentences. and it sounds kind of pompous don't you think? My Husband Did This! My Husband Did That!

I'd be much happier to call him by his name, but 1. I don't want to use his real one, and 2. I don't expect you to remember it refers to him anyway.

Hence, something that plays off my name... pretty common on other boards I am on.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
sares said:
because it gets awkward in some sentences. and it sounds kind of pompous don't you think? My Husband Did This! My Husband Did That!

I'd be much happier to call him by his name, but 1. I don't want to use his real one, and 2. I don't expect you to remember it refers to him anyway.

Hence, something that plays off my name... pretty common on other boards I am on.
Mr. Sares works just fine and sounds sexy to boot!

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Spladle said:
I really despise how this word sounds and wish women would stop using it to refer to their husbands. That is all.

:heart:

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me too Spladle. There's a ring of subservience to it.

It's gooey and sickening. To me it equates with people calling their grandchildren "my grandkids". Both are equally sicky-sweet.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
THank you!

It sounds more like they are viewing the person as a possession or a status symbol than their partner in life! That is exactly why I displayed a variety of surrogate names you can choose from, Sares. I am glad to hear you are not a "smug married" as Bridget Jones would say....

sares said:

sares

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
naughty said:
It sounds more like they are viewing the person as a possession or a status symbol than their partner in life! That is exactly why I displayed a variety of surrogate names you can choose from, Sares. I am glad to hear you are not a "smug married" as Bridget Jones would say....
:sour: blagh no. Mr.Sares comes up as much as he does for a few reasons:

1. he's the one with the big dick
2. he's my primary big dick experience
3. I don't want to seem like I'm obscuring being married or trolling for pickups

(last couple of days have been bad for PMs that didn't see the sig... thinking I might need to make a couple words brighter)

Won Hung Gai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife refers to me as "husband". She says, "my husband" and I say, "my wife". I would not apreciate being refered to as "hubby".

I think "hubby" connotates cuckoldry. It's boyish sounding. "Hubby" is a term used a lot in interracial cuckoldry and slut wife scenarios.

bijo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
spladle is it you in this picture with "FREAKING FABULOUS" in your profile page

?

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm still on the floor laughing at "Your Impotency".......
LOL

What about ....
Your/His Magnificence ?

Or just refer to husband using his first name initial ?

Sorry a little OT, but .....
Is anyone else sick of all the "This is Bob" commercials about the pill for male enhancement?
I want to take the people who made that commercial out on a lawn and shoot them all.
Wipe that goofy assed grin off his face.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rikter8 said:
I think the Pink Care Bear gave that one away.
Don't dare diss the fuckin' Care Bears in my presence, man. I will go medieval on your bitch-ass so fast and furiously that you won't even have time to scream before I gut you.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sares said:

Meh. I guess it's not as bad as Hubby, at least.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sares said:
(last couple of days have been bad for PMs that didn't see the sig... thinking I might need to make a couple words brighter)
If the PMs truly bother you (and I don't see why they should, since you're under no obligation to ever check them, even), then here's what you do:

1. Remove your gallery and profile pics.
2. Change your avatar.
3. Change the gender of your profile.

Problem solved.