Huckabee makes "spiritual decision" not to run

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Calboner, May 15, 2011.

1. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mike Huckabee will not be a candidate for the presidency in 2012. Video and transcript here.

2. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

He's getting instruction from God.
    That's the mark of an ideal prexidunt.

3. sargon20

Gold Member

Like Palin he found the money is too good on FoxFauxFixed News to let go and most likely lose the election anyway. That was the 'spiritual' part of the decision.

4. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's what Supply-Side Jesus would do.

5. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's pretty much what I was thinking, too.

6. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Good one. It's much more a fiscal decision if you ask me.

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

In translation... Huckabee knows he doesn't have a chance in hell in winning. Therefore, he will not seek office and waste his own money, but will engage in raising more revenue for himself by peddling false history lessons on the internet and as a political analyst/pundit/stooge on a cable news network instead.

8. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    He works for a cable news network? Are you sure? Which one?

9. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    And another one bites the dust.

The way is clearing for Bachmann! (Please please please please, oh please!)

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

The one we dare not mention in hopes that we don't draw the usual politically illogical noisemakers.

11. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh, honeybaby, just because they put "News" in their name doesn't mean they're a news network. That place is all about entertainment for nutjobs, and nothing else.

12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

You're preaching to the choir here. I don't have many kind things to say about Fox, Faux, Fux or whatever we want to call it these days. :wink:

13. joshua_ste

joshua_ste New Member

Albums:
    I'm a liberal, but I also recognize that this country needs a healthy, strong, clear-minded, sober opposition party. We keep each other in check.

However, I don't have much good to say about this bizarre political system we've constructed. The very worst from the "opposition" party (Palin, Bachmann, Limbaugh) suck up all the oxygen and airtime. Americans (maybe people in general?) are basically simple-minded, and our political conversations reflect that. We live through sound bites, slogans, headlines, and news stories that don't exceed 2 minutes. Michelle Bachmann can address a Tea Party rally (people, presumably, interested in the Constitution and founding fathers and founding principles) and she completely mangles not just the facts but the spirit of the Founders, she pulls "facts" out of her ass, she makes things up as she goes, and nobody in her own party calls her out.

I think I hate politics because it's about power for power's sake and has just become another branch of the free market system. Blargh.

At any rate, Obama is the sanest, blessedly rational, balanced & conciliatory politician I see around. I'll stick with a sound mind, whatever his faults.

14. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    While I agree with almost everything you've said here, I fail to see how this relates to Huckabee. Am I missing something?

15. sargon20

Gold Member

And this incredibly:

.......roughly three weeks ago, according to one insider, Huckabee began to back away from the race — expressing concerns about the slings and arrows he would take from his 2012 rivals.

“He started complaining about getting beaten up,” said Ed Rollins, who managed Huckabee’s 2008 campaign. “He didn’t like that.”

So he couldn't take the heat? :rolleyes:

16. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Having seen the "History" that he's putting his name to, it seems an uncommonly wise decision for him.

17. arkfarmbear

arkfarmbear New Member

Huckabee has always been a cry baby. When he was the governor of Arkansas he was given the nickname "His Enternal Huffiness" by newspaper columnist John Brummett. Back in those days he had a lot of blubber but a very thin skin. Today he has less fat, thanks to gastric bypass surgery, but the same thin skin.

18. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

The decision made by Mr. H was the smartest one he could have possibly made. I don't know if we want to give credit to divine intervention or not, but common sense would be more logical.

The field of contenders in the GOP for the 2012 race is not a stellar one, and none of the candidates that appear now are really all that viable. I personally am expecting a "dark horse" to show up at the last minute because if the GOP does that the Dems are going to have far less time to dig up the dirt. Again, this is what they are most likely to do because it is something they do well.

Palin and Bachmann are to extreme and neither could garner sufficient trust of the people to make it all the way. They also both have tendencies towards being "wild cards". We need to know what we are getting and to me the most viable of the GOP candidates at this time is Romney. Romney is son of George Romney former CEO of Nash/American Motors and he has some small visible record of performance. I personally strongly disagree with his religious affiliation and would question his political judgment based on that, but, he is a maybe.

Mike Huckabee has also some good chance in a Romney administration of being offered a post of some importance and that also could springboard him to greater things in the future. I think he made a very wise decision.

19. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    No shit! But Harry Reid wears the magic underwear too, although oddly :rolleyes:, not too many threads deal with his religious affiliation.

20. Pierced1953

Pierced1953 New Member

Albums:
    I beleive hucka berry hound is more spiritual. Not doing much good sitting there with a fox contract making big bucks. Talk the talk, walk the walk or take a fuckin walk.

Draft saved Draft deleted