Huckabee thinking a miracle could happen?

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
This is the kind of illogical mentality that can't deal with: I was watching the news and a woman rooting for Huckabee said that Huckabee has done well despite it all and it's a miracle we've witnessed. What? So if he won it's a miracle, and if he loses it's a miracle because he didn't lose as badly as he could have. She went on to say he will/should get a talk show as result of this and that he deserves it. I have no doubt that if that were to somehow occur that it will be another miracle in her book, more 'proof' of God's mighty works. If it doesn't happen, well, there are still all those other miracles she just knows have occurred. It's those kind of illogical believers that make some people think religion contains more than it's share of folks who aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
This is the kind of illogical mentality that I can't deal with: that Huckabee has done well despite it all and it's a miracle we've witnessed.

Sounds illogical to me too. He didn't do well at all.:rolleyes:

McCain 1222 delegates
Huckabee 272 delegates

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I kept waiting for him to say some scary religious stuff but it didn't happen. At least not for me. He didn't hide from his faith but neither did he wallow in it from what I could tell. I actually thought ol' Huckleberry was kind of a well spoken hoot.

I also thought it might be sort of cool to have an ex Baptist minister, prime candidate for a slim fast commercial, bass player in a rock band president. :biggrin1:
Shelby,
Here is your scary religious stuff from Huckabee. If that is not a request for a theocracy, nothing is.

On the other hand, I have never seen such an articulate public speaker. He can write down a few notes, stand up, and give some of the best political speeches on almost any subject. He is also dynaminite in a tv interview. He has a bright future somewhere in the public eye. I just hope he doesn't use his abilities to do something stupid like advocate for Creationism to be taught in science class. Yes, my main concern is that he will become a far right wing culture warrior now that he has a kind of celebrity.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This religious nonsense must stop . Democrats must win the next elections.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This religious nonsense must stop . Democrats must win the next elections.

Democrats are not the only people against the incorporation of religion into politics. Many many Republicans are distraught that their party has come to stand for it, and resent those Republican politicians who use it as a campaign platform.