Huckabee Wants To Change Constitution

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Huckabee Wants To Change Constiution Yes, I think he wants it to contain Psalms.

:aargh4: This country absolutely needs change but adding excerpts from the bible (anyones bible) to the constitution is not the way to go! He's a former baptist preacher, how do we know he doesn't want the Constitution to contain parts of Leviticus?

I really hope he doesn't gain strength in the polls. The religious right tends to be a formidable foe at election time.

Where are those mouthy atheists and agnostics when we need them? :confused: Oh that's right, in the past they have voted for Ross Perot and Ralph Nader. :rolleyes: Talk about a wasted vote. . .

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And with that, I drive a nail through the coffin that contains Huckabee's hopes of becoming president. Not that I ever planned to vote for him anyhow, but this is definitely a good reason. Any person who doesn't understand that church & state should remain seperate should NEVER be in office.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And with that, I drive a nail through the coffin that contains Huckabee's hopes of becoming president. Not that I ever planned to vote for him anyhow, but this is definitely a good reason. Any person who doesn't understand that church & state should remain seperate should NEVER be in office.
Amen!:biggrin1:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I'm somewhat dubious about the effectiveness of his sales tax. Although it may mean that more Americans will shop in Canada, so I'm not entirely opposed to it. :lol: That, and create a really strong underground economy.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yep... as I've been saying, Huckabee absolutely terrifies me! Not to mention that most of my relatives are probably for him! (Yikes!) Fortunately, I think my family that matters to me (parents... I have no other close relatives as I do not have siblings. Just aunts/uncles/cousins, most of whom are religious right...) are more reasonable about these things now.

And no, I wouldn't put it past the people to actually elect him. There are many, many people who agree with the stuff he says. Most people I've known do.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I :heart: Huckabee - not

Someone's gotta patronize the Evangelicals and be a whore for their votes. Lord knows it ain't going to be Giuliani, he's already going to hell for infidelity, Romney is Mormon so he is disqualified, and McCain has some dignity.

I don't think being religious has anything to do with wanting to change the Constitution. No, Huckabee's just a politician posturing for votes.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Where are those mouthy atheists and agnostics when we need them? :confused: Oh that's right, in the past they have voted for Ross Perot and Ralph Nader. :rolleyes: Talk about a wasted vote. . .

This one politely entreats you to go fuck yourself.

The prevalence of the attitude you expressed is directly responsible for our national elections always coming down to a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

If everyone had the sack to educate themselves thoroughly on the issues and the candidates' positions on them...and then vote according to their belief in who best represents them, things might be different.

So long as people use "probability of being elected" as their first selection criterion, our political system will continue to wallow in corruption and inefficiency...serving their own interests and pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Voting for someone other than the candidate who truly represents your beliefs and values...that's the very essence of a wasted vote.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
At least he recognizes that there are no gods mentioned in the constitution. I can't tell you how many people I meet who don't realize the "under God" bit wasn't always in the US pledge of allegiance, for example. (It was, of course, added in the 1950s to distinguish Americans from the godless commie Russians. :rolleyes:)

And on that note, how much do you want to bet that references to gods won't be removed from the pledge of allegiance and other symbolic documents, even though their removal would distinguish Americans from the religious fanatic Taliban and al-Qaida? :biggrin1:

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Change to constitution = needed.
Huckabee in any position of power = not needed.

When I saw the title of this thread I had some idea in my head that as much as I disagree with/am embarrassed by Huckabee's views, I'd welcome a positive change to the constitution.
That changed about 0.3 seconds later when the page loaded. :rolleyes:

If Huckabee (or Romney) wins, my partner and I will be moving out of the USA.

B_InDepth

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i do think huckabee is a fool and is very naive... but it is just plain retarded to be concerned about someones faith.... unless he is somehow going to convert the whole senate, congress, and judicial deparments it would never make a difference on anything.... and i think it says something about someone who judges someone on such a bias... that would be the same as say hillary should be shot to the moon cause shes a woman..

but anyways..!!! vote for Ron Paul 2008 — Hope for America

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never liked this guy, he seems like a funny, charmer...but he is a fundamentalist crackpot. Him and Mitt Romney need to get launched into the sun.
Agreed, but it ain't happening. :mad: :frown1:

This one politely entreats you to go fuck yourself. :eek::mad: I am not getting into the 'fuck you too' game HazelGod. I actually have too much respect for you to lower myself that way. :rolleyes:

The prevalence of the attitude you expressed is directly responsible for our national elections always coming down to a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. HazelGod, I never claimed the two party system as it stands now is the best thing (I know it's not) but it's what we currently have to deal with in these United States. You can ramble on about how people like me are the source of the true wasted votes but you are wrong and I am right and that's all I really care about. :biggrin1:

If everyone had the sack to educate themselves thoroughly on the issues and the candidates' positions on them...and then vote according to their belief in who best represents them, things might be different.

So long as people use "probability of being elected" as their first selection criterion, our political system will continue to wallow in corruption and inefficiency...serving their own interests and pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Voting for someone other than the candidate who truly represents your beliefs and values...that's the very essence of a wasted vote.
Begin with the end in mind. That's what Presidential elections have boiled down to IMO. Think about what you want the end to be and vote accordingly. I'm not saying this is right but it is the way it is. :frown1: The truth is for many of us if we were to vote with our hearts and our beliefs there is a good chance we would waste our vote. :redface:

There were over 5 million people who voted for Buchanan and Nader in the 2000 election. If those people had just voted for Gore we might not be as bad off as we are right now. Imagine the electoral votes that could have garnered him!

Seriously, If the Green Party could come up with a candidate that didn't look like a muppet or sound like a bigger whack job than these Right Wing Conservative Republicans I'd not only vote for him/her I'd work on their campaign. Thus far this has yet to occur.

B_quietguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

What the fuck!? That comment was not called for! A lot of agnostics and atheists I know voted for one of the two major parties the last few election cycles.

And the only "wasted" vote is an uncast or uncounted vote. You think a vote is wasted if it's not cast for the winning candidate? Last time I checked, people have a right to vote as they please - even for a minor party if they want to send a message to two major parties. Ever consider that their votes for minor parties are a way of expressing their opinions on the whole mucked-up two party system?