Huckabee's Obama Joke Falls Flat

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- He was known as a presidential candidate with a sense of humor. But Mike Huckabee's joke at the National Rifle Association convention Friday was a dud.

Appearing in front of about 6,000 gun rights activists, Huckabee's speech was interrupted by a loud noise. The former Arkansas governor said, "That was Barack Obama. He just tripped off a chair. He's getting ready to speak and somebody aimed a gun at him and he -- he dove for the floor."

The comment was immediately noted on news websites and by bloggers who found the crack about Obama getting shot at inappropriate. Obama's campaign had no comment, as it was engaged in a heated back-and-forth with both President Bush and Sen. John McCain -- the presumptive Republican nominee -- over Obama's fitness to be commander in chief.

Huckabee provided most of the humor in the 2008 Republican primaries, cracking jokes during several of the debates. He won the Iowa caucuses but failed to reach far beyond the evangelical community in states after that.

That wasn't a joke, and it wasn't funny. Sadly it was typical of the insensitive and rude things that have been said by both parties during this election.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I saw the video. I dont think he really meant it mean. It did come off as something he shouldnt have said. Huckabee is a fool. He stuck his foot in his own mouth once again.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It would have been funny if this comment came out of the mouth of a comedian. When you're trying to have a political career, comments like this makes you look stupid. I have absolutely no sympathy for the Huckabitch.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So people are surprised Huckabee is a dumbass redneck? Psh!

Agreed that there are still people in this day in age that would like to see a black man killed for doing well.

But I tell you this, if Barack Obama is assasinated, the US will tear itself apart. Mark my words.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- He was known as a presidential candidate with a sense of humor. But Mike Huckabee's joke at the National Rifle Association convention Friday was a dud.

Appearing in front of about 6,000 gun rights activists, Huckabee's speech was interrupted by a loud noise. The former Arkansas governor said, "That was Barack Obama. He just tripped off a chair. He's getting ready to speak and somebody aimed a gun at him and he -- he dove for the floor."

The comment was immediately noted on news websites and by bloggers who found the crack about Obama getting shot at inappropriate. Obama's campaign had no comment, as it was engaged in a heated back-and-forth with both President Bush and Sen. John McCain -- the presumptive Republican nominee -- over Obama's fitness to be commander in chief.

Huckabee provided most of the humor in the 2008 Republican primaries, cracking jokes during several of the debates. He won the Iowa caucuses but failed to reach far beyond the evangelical community in states after that.

That wasn't a joke, and it wasn't funny. Sadly it was typical of the insensitive and rude things that have been said by both parties during this election.
Geez, take about needing a shoehorn the size of Southern California to remove his foot from his mouth. Get out the mouthwash- this joke of his was in extremely bad taste.

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As a black person, a lot of black people are scared that he might actually be assasinated. So yes, jokes like this are inapropriate.

ballsaplenty2156

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It was something that probably sounded better in his head than coming out of his mouth.
Admittedly, to me it wasn't funny at all; however, I also don't think he meant it in a racist way. It was in poor taste.
AND, by the way, being non-black doesn't make the possibility of being assassinated any more appealing or funnier.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was something that probably sounded better in his head than coming out of his mouth.
Admittedly, to me it wasn't funny at all; however, I also don't think he meant it in a racist way. It was in poor taste.
AND, by the way, being non-black doesn't make the possibility of being assassinated any more appealing or funnier.

It may not be any more appealing or funny, but unfortunately it might be a lot more likely.

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a black person, a lot of black people are scared that he might actually be assasinated. So yes, jokes like this are inapropriate.

i would say 99% of jokes are inappropriate....that's why they're called jokes.