Huge storm in N.Europe...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Gisella, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Gisella

Gold Member

:eek:

My dear friends hope you are ok :worried: ...what a terrible storm you are having there! I saw in Brasilian net tv news...:cool:

Dont think u can have internet connections if they really on cables and etc ...but anyways hold tight in something...:eek:

Kisses...:hug:

2. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Yep, there are 25 confirmed deaths at this point, including a couple of very young children (even though they were indoors --- freak accidents like glass doors blowing in and crushing them, etc.), sadly. :frown1:

I have a friend staying over the night as well, since he was unable to complete his train journey this evening, after every single train throughout Germany was canceled --- something pretty unprecedented.

The wind is less extreme here than it was earlier, but it's still hurricane-force, and bits of tree, advertising hoarding, and the odd roof tile are still flying about on the square outside my window. You couldn't pay me to go out there.

---> BBC NEWS | Europe | Huge storms sweep northern Europe

3. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Oh goodness... thats really intresting that they told how the people passed away. Hopefully no more people pass.

4. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hope the Dutch tidal barriers hold up, haven't heard any mention of them, been listening to the BBC. Don't know if Radio Deutsche Welle or Radio Nederland are available online, search engines usually just do north america here.

5. Knockernail

Knockernail Member

I hadnĀ“t heard.

6. Gamel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Thanks sweetie...

I'm fine thanks to God... it was very heavy here in Holland i was littarely blown away by the wind and everybody was adviced to stay home, still there were many deaths

7. Principessa

Gold Member

That does sound dreadful and I shall keep those folks in my prayers. Odd that we are having storms across the US too.

As for the Dutch Tidal Barriers, since they weren't built by the
    US Army Corps. of Engineers, like the levees, in New Orleans I have every faith the people, of Holland and beyond are safe.
    njqt466

Draft saved Draft deleted