Hugged by a Man

CollegeGuyDave

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've noticed that guys today are more open about hugging. I'm definately NOT complaining, but I have noticed something else. I have a male friend, who, when he hugs, presses his whole body into me. I haven't been able to tell if it is just with me or if it is hugging in general. He has a girlfriend, but I'm still wondering if the "frontal body hug" means more than just 'hey, stud. how's life?"...

Any thoughts? How do you people hug?

Dave

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've noticed that guys today are more open about hugging. I'm definately NOT complaining, but I have noticed something else. I have a male friend, who, when he hugs, presses his whole body into me. I haven't been able to tell if it is just with me or if it is hugging in general. He has a girlfriend, but I'm still wondering if the "frontal body hug" means more than just 'hey, stud. how's life?"...

Dave

You may not want to read anything else into a male hug of this nature
other than a male bonding.
He must trust and respect you as such; and feels pretty comfortable
showing you as such.
Don't misread or misinterprete your feelings for his...be clear about the relationship being built.
Black males will often hug this way too...nothin viewed gay about it, otherwise it would happen.
I believe the sports world has had an impact to promote this also.
It's all good man.
Be Careful, Be Safe, & Enjoy!:wink: With A HUG!:biggrin1:
Whopper-lee

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Dave

interesting, but as a straight guy myself, there is always that "question of hugging etiquette"...

among straight men, there are the super homophobic, super macho type guys who think anything other then the half hug/slash handshake/chest bump thing means you are "gay". those idiots are just that...idiots.

then there are the guys who you know are not like that, and are wonderfull guys but always offer the handshake, no matter how close friends you are, and always are awkward when you give them a hug, this i have noticed is much mroe common as well among older but not all men (65+) who may have been raised in a time when feelings were expressed more formally

then I have found that the most secure and loving heterosexual men are the ones like myself and my many friends and relatives, who know that a hug is just an expression of love and friendship on a planet where everyone really needs as much love and kindness and loving friends as they can get.

it is a full bear hug, crotches safely oriented to the opposite sides from the midpoint to avoid any touching, hips safely further back at a prudent distance, upper torsos and arms embraced.

safe in our notion that as much as we love that person, and are comfortable with displaying affection openly, that it is probably some type of straight guy code.

I guess

:biggrin1:

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I've been working in service industries for a long time, and after working with a group of folks for a while, everyone gets touchy-feely.

(Please seek your own counsel regarding the line between consensual affection and sexual harrassment. I'm not going there right now.)

Like Flashy said, guys tend to run all over the gamut. At my old restaurant, there were a couple of guys who came through that were pretty affectionate, too. I remember one night propositioning hugs just to see how I grab and am grabbed in an embrace. I found that I fold my arms over people (women) smaller than me and hold them tightly. The people taller than me (some guys), I just reached an arm over their shoulder and the other across their midsection. They don't just pat the shoulder. They embrace fully and hold it a couple of moments. I respond with an equal embrace and pat their backs.

I made it a point to give a compliment. I figure if the guy is secure enough to hug that closely, then he wouldn't mind hearing how that makes him a good hugger.

I do feel you regarding the crotch thing. The boys below don't really need to bump, and I think that's just a subconscious kind of approach, not necessarily a homophobic one.

scottsimms

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Jesus Christ, if you have to analyze it and think about it before giving somebody a hug, don't bother doing it at all and stay disengaged from the rest of humanity.

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always forget when visiting overseas that hugging is a distinctly American thing. My italian friends are always thrown for a loop. they go in for the double air kiss and I trap them with a hug and a pat of the back. It takes me a few days to get around it but then we settle into the groove.

CollegeGuyDave

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Let me clarify - I'm a hug type of guy. I hug a TON of people. I enjoy the contact. I've just noticed the difference with this guy hugging with his family jewels pressed into me. It's a new type of hug and I was curious as to what other guys thought, and wondered what I'm supposed to think. Thanks for the thoughts so far.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Let me clarify - I'm a hug type of guy. I hug a TON of people. I enjoy the contact. I've just noticed the difference with this guy hugging with his family jewels pressed into me. It's a new type of hug and I was curious as to what other guys thought, and wondered what I'm supposed to think. Thanks for the thoughts so far.
Long time, no see. Hope things are settled down a bit from your first spate of posting when you were working through a lost friendship. All in all, I'd say that there is something going on. I have known a lot of huggers, but I've never experienced crotch to crotch contact without the other guy meaning it. (Your friend having a girlfriend is not that meaningful, especially given where you go to school!)

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Well it's probably that you are the same height - that happens. If he's not pushing his crotch into you - grinding - or what have you, accept it as it is.

I've had the opposite - a frontal hug with the initiator poking his butt way back so you don't touch at all except arms to arms, chest to chest. THAT feels weird.

Bossman1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There should'nt be any codes...gay hug or a proper straight hug. A hug should just be a way of expressing your friendship. Nothing should be read into that hug.A hug should just be a hug....

scotsman001

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Dave

Why don't you just ask him about it?

HERCSURF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
being bi, and out, and having dated both....I have to say I dont hug that often unless its like at a funeral or something or i havent seent the person in a long time. Just not that type.. but i have to say im the same way about kissing.. whether its for hello or goodbye...Im an affectionate guy to my partner whether its a guy or girl..but I HATE kissing someone hello...guy or girl.... I hated it when i was dating a guy and some friends wanted to kiss hello... and my sister is married to a French guy who is a nice guy but insists in doing the two sided kiss which I hate and dont know how to get out of...im actually shudder when he does it haha

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I enjoy the contact. I've just noticed this guy hugging with his family jewels pressed into me. I wondered what I'm supposed to think.

During the next "bejewelled hug" smile, grab his ass and say "You're so fresh". And give him a bump too. I think that would be quite an enjoyable way to start your discussion with him, don't you?:wink:

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Hey,
My brothers and I shared some hugs but it was more just upperbody I guess. After wrestling my teammates would hug, slap ass and high five. When we hugged we either thump chests or thump our flaccid dicks. It was more for the crowd but it was all in fun and celebration.
There have only been few times a hug felt bad and that was due to abuse of power not the contact. We are men with bodies and we have nipples, pecs, dicks and balls. Sometimes you have contact with people by accident. It happens.
Jake
PS How do you get all of your junk in those Unico underwear? I can't wear those fucking trunks and they look good.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
There are different hugs. The good old boy glad to see you again get close but just enough to touch bodies and a quick pat on the back. The we have been friends for years and am comfortable enough to make body contact but just a hug. When the guy presses his crotch against you enough that it is noticeable then that could be the lets do a little male to male bonding hug. If you are not sure then the next time you see him and the two of you hug, when you feel him press his crotch against you just press back just enough for him to feel you are returning the grind. If he acts uncomfortable then you know he really didn't mean that he wanted to become closer to you, he was just giving you a we are very good friends hug. If he acts a little uncomfortable don't even act as if you noticed.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
among straight men, there are the super homophobic, super macho type guys who think anything other then the half hug/slash handshake/chest bump thing means you are "gay". those idiots are just that...idiots.

Curious. Do these three really go together? I've never noticed a general correlation. The occasional cases which do correlate are obvious, but hardly bases for a generalization.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I wasn't aware there was more than one type of hug, if I am being honest.

I always press my entire body into it. It seems rude to stick your ass out and only hug at the shoulders.

chrispy

Expert Member
Media
New Bedford (Massachusetts, United States)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am with Jeff Black on this one (and always in my dreams). I have always been amused by what I call the "I am a straight man, and don't you forget it" hug: lean forward at the waist, slap each other on the back 2 -3 times, and break!