Hugged by a Man

surfnwoody

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To me a hug means I like you, it's great to see you! It dosen't say I love you. I agree with Jeff black, not really thinking about sex when I hug, just happy to see ya! Still I don't hug as much as I should, can be taken wrong.

Late Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey,
My brothers and I shared some hugs but it was more just upperbody I guess. After wrestling my teammates would hug, slap ass and high five. When we hugged we either thump chests or thump our flaccid dicks. It was more for the crowd but it was all in fun and celebration.
There have only been few times a hug felt bad and that was due to abuse of power not the contact. We are men with bodies and we have nipples, pecs, dicks and balls. Sometimes you have contact with people by accident. It happens.
Jake
PS How do you get all of your junk in those Unico underwear? I can't wear those fucking trunks and they look good.

All the guys on my baseball team always hug, slap ass and high five every time we score. It's no biggy! We even do that in the locker room and showers and we aren't even thinkin about anything but winning the game and how we did it! It's just a fun time for us!!!

Media
A hug is a hug. If you are secure in yourself, and mature enough not to be a fool about them, there should be no problem. I don't care who gives them to me—male or female. They always feel good. Even more when it is some one I like. Be a man about it.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I hug my female friends more than my male ones, just because they seem more appreciative or receptive or it, or they'll offer to hug me when they see me. I wouldn't say it's obligatory. I don't feel like I have to hug all of my female friends, and for some, I just don't do it. Like, I know their boundaries or mannerisms and not everyone is affectionate.

You can kinda "feel out" the guys who are receptive. It's not always the case, but I just know that some of my male friends would misinterpret the gesture (no matter how much I'm tempted to blame a stifled upbringing). On the other hand, I'm not threatened by it and, culturally, it's acceptable for me so I have to make sure my culture doesn't rub someone else's wrong.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Usually when I hug a straight man, I squeeze tightly, then give two firm pats on the back, more of a Buddy pat.

When I hug my gay friends, I again squeeze tightly but I rub then tap lightly, more of an affectionate hug.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It does surprise me how many guys hug each other now a days, gay or straight...maybe here in nyc it is such an acceptable thing. My family while not cold and standoffish wasn't exactly a hugging sort of clan but about two years ago when a cousin who was my age passed away, all of a sudden all the guys in the family started hugging and to me it became a bit of a laugh, in a good way, mind you.
A hug is a hug and as many people that there are there are all sorts of hugs.

I have to agree though with a previous poster...my father's relatives from Italy and friends I have from England and Scotland are always thrown by this hugging thing we Americans have.

CollegeGuyDave

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey All -

Thanks for the posts, but some of you are missing the point. I'm fine with hugging. I LOVE it! I just never had a guy push his crotch into me while hugging. Yes, there have been a few where hey, yeah, you feel something, but PUSHING his crotch into me was new. THIS is where the question is - does he mean something more by it, or does he just rely on me for balance when he hugs me? He's dating a girl, but now days, who knows if that means anything.

Thanks for your responses so far. :)
Hugs all around!

schess24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've found with my male friends, the ones that I'm closer with tend to hug a little closer and the hug is more firm. With other people, it's not as involved.

jackelope64

Just Browsing
Media
my friends and i hug quite frequently, and I had never had any experience like yours until a few weeks ago. When one of them casually hugged me goodbye she pressed her entire body into mine pretty hard, like she was trying to feel my body with hers. She knows I'm gay, so i don't think she was trying to start anything. I asked her about it later when she hugged me the same way again, she said she hadn't been doing it on purpose and stopped being so intense. The problem is that I miss it now, it was like a really affectionate nonsexual hug that i grew to appreciate. and now the hugs from her are careful and stiff.

so, unless it bothers you or if the one hugging you is straight and shows other signs of interest, i suggest that you not mention it. Otherwise future hugs may become more guarded and less affectionate.

Athleticman60516

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Jesus Christ, if you have to analyze it and think about it before giving somebody a hug, don't bother doing it at all and stay disengaged from the rest of humanity.

If you are truly secure in your sexuality, then why break it down to the 12 steps of proper "hugging?"

Seriously guys. It's a hug!!

Why does all male to male contact mean your a "mo?"

For all we know the cave men sniffed each others balls like dogs. Get over it!

reallyhot

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well one friend of mine gives great hugs, and it's really uplifting to get a hug when you need one, I was initially surprised by his hug but got used to it, he gives a full body hug unless Mr. Happy is up. Then we just do the upper body thing and that's ok.

Another friend who I later introduced to hugs was awkward about it, it was really funny because he twisted his body and stuck his ass way out it was pretty hilarious. As time went on, I think he got to like it because he
initiated the hugs with open arms, and came to appreciate male to male bonding...it was non sexual, just an indication of friendship and appreciation.

Another friend, is just more formal and we just shake hands, so that's ok too, some people are just not into hugs, I guess because he's really hung
and his long dong is always hard and in the way...so whatever works for you I guess...I have a feeling that he's probably horny all the time, and
does not want to end up having a messy hug...LOL
Guess that would bring new meaning to " treehugger" eh?

Hugs are good, as long as the hugger and huggee are comfortable with it.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
During the next "bejewelled hug" smile, grab his ass and say "You're so fresh". And give him a bump too. I think that would be quite an enjoyable way to start your discussion with him, don't you?:wink:
Dreamer20: LMAO That's a great idea!

DoubleDawgy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
During the next "bejewelled hug" smile, grab his ass and say "You're so fresh". And give him a bump too. I think that would be quite an enjoyable way to start your discussion with him, don't you?:wink:

haha! omg.. I would like to see that.. as far as the hug thing though.. I am subconsious about alot of things.. in everyday life.. but..I have thought about it once or twice and didn't think twice about how once I could tell I was bumping into them.. but.. I think sub consiousness gets way in the way and you should just hug.. because it's just.. well.. a hug, right? lol

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
I heard on the Opie and Anthony radio show that it is okay for two men to hug as long as you don't bump your "helmets" when hugging...hah...

I don't think there is a straight hug or a gay hug. If a guy were to shove his tongue in my mouth while hugging, that would be a different story and I might question the motive. I wouldn't ask your friend--just go with the flow. You could embarrass him and ruin a good relationship.

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
That's exactly how I feel! Now come here Sam and I'll give you a hug.

A hug is a hug. If you are secure in yourself, and mature enough not to be a fool about them, there should be no problem. I don't care who gives them to me—male or female. They always feel good. Even more when it is some one I like. Be a man about it.

I've noticed that we hug more now in Canada than say 10 or 15 years ago, and it's not just teenagers. When I was a teen, I never would have dreamt of hugging another man for fear of beeing called 'tapette' (limp-wristed) by my (female and male) classmates. As if hugging had anything to do with sexual orientation! :angryfire2: Attitudes have changed a lot since then, thank God! :smile:

I also agree with Rico. I wouldn't ask the friend either because it might destroy the friendship.

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Hey All -

Thanks for the posts, but some of you are missing the point. I'm fine with hugging. I LOVE it! I just never had a guy push his crotch into me while hugging. Yes, there have been a few where hey, yeah, you feel something, but PUSHING his crotch into me was new. THIS is where the question is - does he mean something more by it, or does he just rely on me for balance when he hugs me? He's dating a girl, but now days, who knows if that means anything.

Thanks for your responses so far. :)
Hugs all around!

You may have answered your own question. He has a girl and he may hug close and off balanced. I know when I hug Because my feet ar a little big it offset's me and I rely a little on the pther person being receptive. To me it sounds like you want to find out if there is a deeper motive, and the advise I can give you is don't look for trouble when it's trying to find you. He alrady is taken so if anything take what you get and leave the rest alone.
:cool: