Humane way to catch a mouse

I tried the Victor (ahem) humane traps and find they didn't work well. The door kept closing at odd times or didn't close at all. I like the simple clear plastic ones with the flap door. Very low-tech but effective.

highgrounds

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
bring a card-board paper and then put some mouse glue on it with a piece of cheese and wait untill the mouse sticks on it after u see it stick on the sheet get an old shoe and smack it a couple of times in the head we alwayz used to do that in my house back in my country ( well its a third world way but its pretty cool actually )

D_Smidley Smelliepits

Account Disabled
Media
bring a card-board paper and then put some mouse glue on it with a piece of cheese and wait untill the mouse sticks on it after u see it stick on the sheet get an old shoe and smack it a couple of times in the head we alwayz used to do that in my house back in my country ( well its a third world way but its pretty cool actually )

Isn't there a less violent way? :confused:

Last edited:

pitloverfl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hire a gray tuxedo tom cat, preferably a bumbling one, get a bag of chips, light something up and sit back to enjoy the show.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a mouse in my house!

I've never had to deal with a mouse before. I don't want it in my home, but I don't want to use one of those gory Victory traps. Are there any alternatives?

Not Humane

See previous link I posted from Victor Website
For Humane Traps:
Victor® Humane Mouse Traps | Victorpest.com

The one in your Home Depot Link is on the Victor Snap Trap Page:

Victor® Snap Traps | Victorpest.com

Just easier to set and empty than the traditional metal pedal trap

SuperSizedBalls

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You might also want to consider ----- I seriously doubt that there has EVER been a case where there was just "A" Mouse. You just haven't met the rest
of the family yet ----- but they ARE there somewhere.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
We get an annual infestation of desert mice at the Big Chunk of Dirt in Nebada every Sept/Oct. The only cure has been to put out Warfarin bait (they eat enough of it, their blood pressure drops to zero and they die). I worried about other animals eating the mice, but according to the directions they metabolize enough Warfarin that any animal unlucky to eat a dead mouse will not be harmed (much?). We also have resorted to using the very effective (and somewhat inhumane) standard mouse traps. They always catch something. But sometimes that something is crippled and in pain until you find their mauled carcass in the trap and set them loose down the toilet. Yeah, they're just mice, but they still feel pain. So much for ranch hand karma.

Try the Warfarin-laced bait food. It's the least painful. Then you have to spook around to find where the smell of the dead mice is coming from.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's an episode of The Itchy and Scratchy Show in which Scratchy (the cat) finally gets Itchy (the mouse), but we don't get to see the crucial moment because someone unplugs the television on which Bart and Lisa are watching it. We see the setup, though, and it seems to be done with loads of dynamite and some bombs and missiles.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a mouse in my house!

That was 11 hours ago.
What have you done?

Did you get one of those little humane plastic traps
or have we not heard because your computer was damaged when you dynamited your house?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
The only time I ever had a mouse in mouse in my house I named him Alfred. He used to watched to come in and watched TV with me and he was adorable. One day, when he did not show up, I had to assume he'd been eradicated.

Me too. I called him Rodriguez. Once he got used to me, (and me to hoovering his shit from behind the sofa), we used to watch the X Factor together.

But then the rat came.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Me too. I called him Rodriguez. Once he got used to me, (and me to hoovering his shit from behind the sofa), we used to watch the X Factor together.

But then the rat came.

Now, a rat I think I might have had problems with.

And what was wrong with me when I wrote that post and why has no one called me on it?!

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow. I'm very heartened that you guys are waking up to the fact that even little creatures like mice (and cats and rabbits and pandas) experience pain.
Of course. That's why I recommend using well-aimed bombs and rockets against them.

Or at least dropping an anvil on them from a great height.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Calboner watches too many cartoons.

The weights *HAVE* to be 16 tons. No more, no less. Otherwise, it causes severe, unrecoverable depression.

The bombs, rockets, tanks, jets, and other objects can only be gotten from ACME.

Cartoon mallets will solve the problems or destroy everything. One or the other, you can't have both.

Anvils are funny.

Spring loaded moustraps must always attack the person setting them either immediately, or later when it's funny.