• More than 50%

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would like to know how you take the concept that we are created in God's image.

Without wishing to be a polltard polltroll, I have rendered this is terms of a percentage of divinity that we share, if that's OK with you.

Thanks.

Media
There is no thing, no place, no where that is not God, in the beginning is love, in the middle is love, at the end only love, love is in us as us, or God is in us as us, got to hand it to the special effects guys though, they really got us thinking up/down, in/out, you/me God's video.....great!!

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I consider myself a Christian and I am the only one who says "less than 10%" so far? What does this mean?:confused:

It means that though you were taught to believe that you were not only created in God's image, but that he loves, cherishes and protects you and sees to your best interest, though you were taught that you are God's, you do not believe that you are divine. You believe that God would create something not divine. Maybe you are right. Not my place to say.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
I like your idea of a poll. However, like Dolf said he put down less than 10 percent.

To me it is an all of nothing concept. Either we were created in God's image or we weren't. I beleive we were. But I also beleive we evolved over a long period of time, millions of years most likely.

The creation thing is continuous. Whether God is directing it or if there is no God, the earth and all within it is constantly evolving from one thing to another, sometimes quickly and sometimes extremely slowly.

But I have a problem giving the term divinity to humans. To me divinity is reserved for God himself.

While we may be created in God's image, it is obvious we don't stay that way. Look at all the evil humans have done throughout the centuries. Wars, persecution, and discrimination along with stealing and plundering other people's possessions. Humans don't have a very good track record.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like your idea of a poll. However, like Dolf said he put down less than 10 percent.

To me it is an all of nothing concept. Either we were created in God's image or we weren't. I beleive we were. But I also beleive we evolved over a long period of time, millions of years most likely.

The creation thing is continuous. Whether God is directing it or if there is no God, the earth and all within it is constantly evolving from one thing to another, sometimes quickly and sometimes extremely slowly.

But I have a problem giving the term divinity to humans. To me divinity is reserved for God himself.

While we may be created in God's image, it is obvious we don't stay that way. Look at all the evil humans have done throughout the centuries. Wars, persecution, and discrimination along with stealing and plundering other people's possessions. Humans don't have a very good track record.

Actually, it seems quite clear that while we may have been created in God's image, even the Bible states that we are not divine, or the very first two humans wouldn't have committed original sin. Christian or not, I would have to go with 0% divine.

This should not conflict with Christian beliefs, for clearly God loves us, although we are weak and prone to sin. It is our weakness that is supposed to draw us to Him. That was my understanding when I was a practising Christian.

Now I just see God differently, probably more akin to Kalipygian's remark.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It means that though you were taught to believe that you were not only created in God's image, but that he loves, cherishes and protects you and sees to your best interest, though you were taught that you are God's, you do not believe that you are divine. You believe that God would create something not divine.

That was something to contemplate. I guess I do believe that God did not create divinity in me. It really had me thinking for quite awhile.

Actually, it seems quite clear that while we may have been created in God's image, even the Bible states that we are not divine, or the very first two humans wouldn't have committed original sin. Christian or not, I would have to go with 0% divine.

I was looking for 0% when I voted as well. When it was not there I went with 10%. However Altered Egos' post has me contemplating if God would have created something which, while not perfect is divine. Looking up the meaning you get quite a range from being God to proceeding from God to godlike. I guess It would be possible to have characteristics of God or proceeding from God while still being imperfect and severely flawed.

Full_Phil

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see that there is a divinity in the wonder of life itself, and we are alive. While I can't see us existing in the strict physical image of God, I can see us being what God "imagined" us to be, ergo "image". I also see us as being a part of him/her/it, and being in a oneness with everyone else because of that.

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
An Old Testament prophet asked:
"With what shall I come before the Lord,
and bow myself before God on high?
(He then considers some of the things he might offer and seems to suggest that none would be appropriate.) And then, I think in a moment of inspiration, considering all that he has come to understand about himself and about God, he sums it up:
''He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:6a,8

God is God; I am human, created in the image of God. How do I properly conduct myself granting that relationship? Micah's take on this is simplicity itself: Be fair (justice); be kind; and, keep in mind that you could be wrong bcause you, O mortal, are human not God (walk humbly).

I like that simplicity. When human beings take to presuming to act for God (especially when they suggest that the cause of their nation or their church is identical with the cause of the Almighty) they enter the world of the demonic. God to be God is greater than any nation, greater than any book (including the Bible), and greater than any person.

Zero percent seems right for me. And, I am amazed at how wonderful we human beings are, or can be.