• other

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do you guys believe ? I think that we evolved from the great apes or Homidids.
Please explain your reasons of the option you choose in the poll.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Some people believe in the combination of both but i put the main 2 hipotesis . The combination of both would be in the OTHER option.
On your advice, I marked other. I do believe there is an intelligent God that directs the overall development of the universe. But God is subject to the laws of nature.

I believe that God is the overseer of the universe. The story of Adam and Eve was written I believe under the inspiration of God himself. The story sets the stage for both Jewish and Christian religions on the relationship between God and man. To say it is a complete myth takes away the fact that I believe it is a very important story essential to understanding Christian doctrine.

That does not mean that I believe that all people here on earth are descended from two people who just appeared on day in a garden.

It appears from scientific research that the great apes especially the chimps and humans share a common now extinct humanoid. Because of evolution all mammal species are subject to show but sure changes which over tens of thousands of years cause new species to evolve and older species to become extinct.

Evolution is a fact. American soldiers in WWII on the average were two inches taller than the soldiers of WWI. And that is only one generation.

Evolution is a fact. How it happens and the history of the process of evolution is still mostly theory.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On your advice, I marked other. I do believe there is an intelligent God that directs the overall development of the universe. But God is subject to the laws of nature.

I believe that God is the overseer of the universe. The story of Adam and Eve was written I believe under the inspiration of God himself. The story sets the stage for both Jewish and Christian religions on the relationship between God and man. To say it is a complete myth takes away the fact that I believe it is a very important story essential to understanding Christian doctrine.

That does not mean that I believe that all people here on earth are descended from two people who just appeared on day in a garden.

It appears from scientific research that the great apes especially the chimps and humans share a common now extinct humanoid. Because of evolution all mammal species are subject to show but sure changes which over tens of thousands of years cause new species to evolve and older species to become extinct.

Evolution is a fact. American soldiers in WWII on the average were two inches taller than the soldiers of WWI. And that is only one generation.

Evolution is a fact. How it happens and the history of the process of evolution is still mostly theory.
I'm aware that many christians accept evolution and many dont see the creation in Genesis as a historical literal fact. I got a question : how evolution can be match with the idea that humans have a soul?
The evolution version of humans origins basically is telling that we are animals because we evolved from animals. Can you resolve this conflict or apparent conflict? I ask because according to christians animals don't have a eternal soul. Please DO NOT take this questions as religion bashing.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some remaining taxonomic arguments aside we already are Hominids (Family hominidae), the great apes having now been 'moved' in from the Family Pongidae - and welcome to them. All of us being part of the Order - Primates.

Strictly, you're asking the wrong question.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some remaining taxonomic arguments aside we already are Hominids (Family hominidae), the great apes having now been 'moved' in from the Family Pongidae - and welcome to them. All of us being part of the Order - Primates.

Maybe the way i put it was not very accurate but the question is basically the same . The question is do you believe in evolution or creation , both or another thing.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Maybe the way i put it was not very accurate but the question is basically the same . The question is do you believe in evolution or creation , both or another thing.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Maybe the way i put it was not very accurate but the question is basically the same . The question is do you believe in evolution or creation , both or another thing ?

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please define intelligence. And just how intelligent does an entity need to be to direct the universe? There really are only a few equations that seem to describe the physics of the universe, so perhaps managing the universe is quite easy.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Evolution.

That said, the growing ablility of Humans to meddle with things we don't really (or at all) understand runs the risk of some abhorrent creations coming down the pipe without any delusions of divine oversight.

We're already overdue for extinction, or evolution - whichever we provoke first I suppose.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like that theory that some space alien fucked a monkey and out we sprang. It separates us from all the rift raff on this planet. Kind of like how monarchies held power by claiming to be devine and not part of this earth.

What else can explain our specialness and resistance to be part of this planet?